Single mom and pregnant - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 09-24-2013, 03:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi all, I have just found out I am pregnant with my second child and am feeling a mixture of emotions. I have one child already who I am raising on my own, with support from family. The 'sperm donor' as I refer to him, has never been in the picture. I love being a mom and have a very close bond to my child, -my life. Now through a momentary mistake? I find myself in the same situation again and it's scary to say the least.

I have a lot of thoughts running through my mind about what I should or shouldn't do, abortion, adoption, keep it? I go through moments of considering each option and over and over. I don't know what I should do and I can't tell anyone about it in real life yet. There are positives and negatives to each option, I'm really unsure right now. I might try to find a pregnancy help line to call for some advice over the phone too because it might help talking. I need to make a decision here, but it's still very early as I have only missed one period, so then I wonder if my period will start soon anyway and this will all be over, I wouldn't be upset if it was an early miscarriage, is it bad to think that? I feel very guilty for feeling that way, but being 1 month along I don't see it as an actual baby that I'm at all attached to yet. It would be the easy way out that's all, the decision would be made for me. Very stressed and scared at the moment, any words of advice? Anyone here been a single mom already and found themselves pregnant again? 

belly.gif+bikenew.gif +   stork-girl.gif 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 383rdtri.gif 40 
#2 of 2 Old 09-26-2013, 05:16 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

When I was faced with a similar dilemma once about a pregnancy, my beloved and very wise family doctor gave me wonderful advice. She said, 'Just don't make a decision that you will regret for the rest of your life.'

Hugs to you, mama. You sound like a loving mother. I wish you peace with whatever you decide. xo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page