joined custody to full custody ?! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 
Thread Tools
#1 of 2 Old 10-08-2013, 01:28 PM - Thread Starter
francis1992's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My daughter is 2 n shes never met her dad since birth we live in the same town he is not even on the birth certf..and he does not bother calling and asking how she is and he does not help me not even 1$ i ever had got from him in cchild support i was thinking of getting full cutody how can i do that is it hard? Does any one know
francis1992 is offline  
#2 of 2 Old 10-09-2013, 12:23 PM
autumngrey's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 332
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

If you were never married (I assume so since he's not on the birth certificate) you have full physical and legal custody by default. He has no legal rights to the child unless he petitions the court to grant them. Doing so will trigger a child support order as well.


So if he doesn't like the amount of time you share with him and he wants more, he can pony up and get a lawyer to help him file for visitation rights ... though he'll be ordered to pay child support too.


If he's an absent dad and the issue is that you want him to pay child support, you can file for that. It does come with the risk that he'll counter-sue for visitation rights.

kblackstone444 likes this.

fairy.gif (DSD 10yo) angel2.gif (29wks - 2/2012) babygirl.gifrainbow1284.gif (1/2013)

autumngrey is offline  

Quick Reply
Drag and Drop File Upload
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:


Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off