Need advice - Mothering Forums

Thread Tools
#1 of 3 Old 10-12-2013, 05:18 PM - Thread Starter
mir44's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am a single mother of 3. We do 50/50 custody but my ex still has to pay alot in child support. He is very angry about it. Has even threatened to kill himself if i don't give him full custody. My 8 yo over heard him say he would kill himself. My ex has always been a hard worker and taken care of our children financially but not emotionally or physically. He and his new girlfriend are trying to say I dint have a stable environment for the kids. Only because he owns his own home (which used to be our home) and i am now living in a apartment. I was a stay at home mom and did everything for the kids from doctors appt to school to sports. I did everything. All he did was provide us with money. Which I'm not saying is bad but i needed more than that, that is actually why i left. Now he is trying to do everything to take my kids. His girlfriend has even threatened to do everything in her power to take my kids from me. She was our neighbor and used to be my friend. Now my 8yo son is rebelling against me and has even threatened suicide (i am taking him to counseling for it) my told me that his dad trying to talk my kids into living with him full time and if i don't give him everything he wants all the time he will do it. (because he knows his dad has more money than me and can buy him more stuff) he its just being so mean to me and he has always been my baby, i just don't understand it. I just want to keep him safe and he doesn't understand that. I just don't know what to do anymore.
mir44 is offline  
Sponsored Links
#2 of 3 Old 10-20-2013, 08:19 AM
HappyHappyMommy's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 5,891
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)

Welcome to Mothering! This sounds like a tough situation. :HugWhat has the counselor suggested?


In addition as it looks like your post might have been missed, I'm bumping it up for attention :bump: so others here can see it and offer their thoughts and support.

HappyHappyMommy is offline  
#3 of 3 Old 10-27-2013, 12:00 PM
alpenglow's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 7,676
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 506 Post(s)

mir44, can you get yourself to a lawyer asap?  This sounds like abuse and parental alienation syndrome, especially since you and your son had a good bond before. Your x could be feeding his gf (and your son) lies about you too.  Good counselling with a counsellor who understand abuse dynamics and how this impacts parenting/children is essential.  A local DV shelter might have access to some of those resources for free.  Document document document....and don't share anything with your x other than the bare minimum for your son.  Try to keep all communication with him and her in writing.  Record your exchanges secretly on a device if you can.  A lawyer might recommend renting a house instead of an apartment just to level the playing field.  

alpenglow is offline  

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Online Users: 13,669

22 members and 13,647 guests
agentofchaos , AllTomorrowsParties , elizabethandrose , emmy526 , greenemami , Janeen0225 , Katherine73 , manyhatsmom , Michele123 , moominmamma , MountainMamaGC , NaturallyKait , NiteNicole , redsally , samaxtics , scaramouche131 , sciencemum , sniffmommy , sollicitus , sren , stellanyc
Most users ever online was 449,755, 06-25-2014 at 12:21 PM.