Need advice - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 10-12-2013, 05:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am a single mother of 3. We do 50/50 custody but my ex still has to pay alot in child support. He is very angry about it. Has even threatened to kill himself if i don't give him full custody. My 8 yo over heard him say he would kill himself. My ex has always been a hard worker and taken care of our children financially but not emotionally or physically. He and his new girlfriend are trying to say I dint have a stable environment for the kids. Only because he owns his own home (which used to be our home) and i am now living in a apartment. I was a stay at home mom and did everything for the kids from doctors appt to school to sports. I did everything. All he did was provide us with money. Which I'm not saying is bad but i needed more than that, that is actually why i left. Now he is trying to do everything to take my kids. His girlfriend has even threatened to do everything in her power to take my kids from me. She was our neighbor and used to be my friend. Now my 8yo son is rebelling against me and has even threatened suicide (i am taking him to counseling for it) my told me that his dad trying to talk my kids into living with him full time and if i don't give him everything he wants all the time he will do it. (because he knows his dad has more money than me and can buy him more stuff) he its just being so mean to me and he has always been my baby, i just don't understand it. I just want to keep him safe and he doesn't understand that. I just don't know what to do anymore.
#2 of 3 Old 10-20-2013, 08:19 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)

Welcome to Mothering! This sounds like a tough situation. :HugWhat has the counselor suggested?

In addition as it looks like your post might have been missed, I'm bumping it up for attention :bump: so others here can see it and offer their thoughts and support.

hh2.gif Head over to the Holiday Helper forum and be a part of this wonderful Mothering tradition! joy.gif

Wondering about Mothering in general? Check out Mothering's User Agreement! smile.gif

#3 of 3 Old 10-27-2013, 12:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)

mir44, can you get yourself to a lawyer asap?  This sounds like abuse and parental alienation syndrome, especially since you and your son had a good bond before. Your x could be feeding his gf (and your son) lies about you too.  Good counselling with a counsellor who understand abuse dynamics and how this impacts parenting/children is essential.  A local DV shelter might have access to some of those resources for free.  Document document document....and don't share anything with your x other than the bare minimum for your son.  Try to keep all communication with him and her in writing.  Record your exchanges secretly on a device if you can.  A lawyer might recommend renting a house instead of an apartment just to level the playing field.  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page