6months pregnant now husband wants a divorce. - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 10-20-2013, 02:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Just need some positive advice. i want him to be part of our sons life, but I'm a little hesitant that he can handle a new born. He has already moved out the house and staying between his parents and friends. I plan on moving to my grandmothers house which is 2 hours away and is a 3 bedroom home so my son and i can have our own rooms. Husband has a full-time job, while i only work part-time, but been there for 2 yrs, while he hasn't kept a job yet for more then a year since we been together. He smokes pot and i do not want that around my child.He wants a divorce so he can meet other women and do whatever he wants (pretty much drink, smoke and party) so that worry's me on if my son is with him alone who is really going to be watching him. He has lots of family support and this will be both our first marriage and first child, as well as first grandchild to both our parents. I basically just venting here a little, but also open to other single moms and divorce parents opinions. thank you! 

#2 of 3 Old 10-20-2013, 03:35 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Just from what I've seen of younger, first-time dads, if he's living with his parents when the baby is born, it's likely that his mom will do the "parenting" so the baby will be safe in that way.

Often, there's a very gradual visitation schedule for newborns and young babies - enough to allow the father to bond but not stress the baby with too much time away from the mother, but it varies on location (and how vindictive the father might be). Talk to a lawyer now to find out what is standard visitation in your state/county because that will affect you.

big hugs. Divorce can be traumatic anytime, but make sure you're getting LOTS of support in dealing with the stress at the end of your pregnancy. :Hug

alpenglow likes this.

Robin~ single, work-at-home momma to my WonderBoys
YoungMan (6/00) & LittleBoy (6/04)
#3 of 3 Old 10-23-2013, 12:42 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Yes, talk to a lawyer. You want to be sure your baby's rights are maintained. 

And definitely get as much support around you as possible.  Hopefully you are seeing a counsellor and if you're not already - do so!

What a stressful time for you. You will get through this and you will find a groove and trust that it is so much better that this happens now than after the baby arrives. You can do it! xoxoxo

alpenglow likes this.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page