Fathers Day - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-11-2014, 11:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Fathers Day

with Father's Day just around the corner and my daughter's father ignoring me I'm not sure how to handle it.
we had a falling out a couple weeks ago when my daughter had to go to the ER and I called him to ask him to come with me to support her and he told me that he told his two older children are more important than my daughter so he wasn't there...
we haven't spoke since except for one fight where he told me he didn't respect me. He hasn't called or texted at all to see how she's doing or ask to see her.
I don't know how I should handle fathers day. on one hand I don't want to be that mother of his child that ignores his 1st fathers day with her, but on the other hand I feel if he can't make an effort to see his child, to check on his child, or care about her then why should I acknowledge him as a father on Father's Day?
Any thoughts from more experienced Mommys or even Fathers out there???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2014, 12:04 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
What did he do for you for Mother's Day?
Old 06-12-2014, 10:28 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sent me a text. Then started a fight with me that night
Old 06-12-2014, 07:24 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
It sounds like your daughter is quite young, if this is his first father's day. And he seems to be really into fighting with you.

Look, you can't go right here. If you do nothing, he can fight with you for ignoring him. If you do anything, he can use it to start a fight about his involvement. If it were me, I would go minimal - save your energy. If you feel like it's cold to do absolutely nothing, send a text. I wouldn't go further.

If your dd was aware of the holiday, I'd say help her pick out or draw a card. Don'tmake it a big craft project, and if she's not into it, hit the greeting card aisle and pick something generic.

I'm sorry he s this way. He sounds exhausting.

User Tag List