Mothering Forum banner

Web-based online tools for uncontested divorces

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Prairiegirl22 
#1 ·
My husband and I are separating and I was wondering if anyone on here has had experience with drafting their own separation agreements and divorce forms without a lawyer? We have two children and we agree on how to split our time with them and custody arrangements. I found this website: www.thistoo.co they seem to be new but it looks easy enough to use. Any thoughts?

#2 ·
I used 3-step divorce at the beginning of the process http://www.3stepdivorce.com, though in the end had a lawyer friend help with the initial filing and then did the rest through a free program that our county court offers for DIY divorces. They offer "classes" with law students that take you through the process of competing the official orders that then gets signed off by lawyers (who offer pro bono services just for this program) and then everything is signed off by the judge.

#3 ·
I wish there was some kind of program to assist with doing your own legal stuff. I live in Saskatchewan, Canada and my income is way too high to receive legal aid while at the same time I cannot afford a lawyer. I phoned around to so many lawyers and they all want minimum $2500 deposits which is two-thirds of my monthly income. My ex isn't cooperative at all so there's no agreement to anything and right now I am worried about him kidnapping the kids and with no custody order in place he is legally able to do that. The govt office gave me a lot explaining what to do on my own without a lawyer and though I'm a smart person, this paperwork is seriously intimidating to me. I'm worried about doing something in the process wrong.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.