Need a house mate- Virginia - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 06-19-2002, 12:33 AM - Thread Starter
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey y'all

I'm a single mum, for all intents and purposes, with two girls, ages 9 years and 7 months. I live in a farmhouse on 5 acres in the mountains of rural Virginia. I am an hour and a half from Washington DC, 45 mins from Charlottesville. We have ponies and sheep and a goat, as well as two dogs and some cats. There are two bedrooms 15x15 going spare. In addition there are two full baths, a sitting room, a play room, a washer dryer in the downstairs bath, and a country kitchen, as well as a porch each for sun rise and sun set.

My community is amazing, it's full of artists and hippies and there's lots of love and support to go around. Alternative medicine and health food stores are nearby. I am within a few miles of Shenandoah National Park and Skyline Dr. There is a waldorf inspired school 15 minutes away.

I don't smoke, but will occasionally drink a glass of wine with dinner, and am NOT religious. Spiritual, yes, organized religion, no.
I recycle, I buy organic, I am not a vegetarian. I could use a little bit energy tasked into cleaning.

I need a housemate to help me make ends meet and it wouldn't be such a bad thing to be able to take a bath by myself once in a while either.

Money is flexible, I'd LOVE someone who knew one end of a power tool from another so that maybe we could trade off work, I'd love to have a real honest to goodness co-meals co-caring family situation where communication is the most important thing.

My ex husband wanders in and out to help with big stuff. He is loving and funny and respectful. He shows up maybe 3-4 days out of the month, max. No bad ex-stuff here. :

Right up front: I will do background checks before anyone moves in. Not credit, background. Please don't pm me if you have any criminal history of violence or domestic abuse.

Anyone interested?
#2 of 4 Old 06-22-2002, 12:42 PM

OMG! If you were only in TX I would move right in!!! Sounds lovely. Good luck finding the perfect family to share your home!

Shelley, mom to dd 5/19/01, ds 9/06/02, and ds 4/01/07.  Lost babe 4/09

belly.gifDue 12/18/12!

#3 of 4 Old 06-22-2002, 05:02 PM

WOW this sounds fantastic! I may be moving to Eugene OR this fall but I tell you if I end up not moving I would consider being your housemate! My bros live close to you, it would nice to live near them so Kaya would know them!

Any chance you have pics of this beautiful place?

mama2kaya@aol.com
#4 of 4 Old 06-28-2002, 01:30 PM

Moon... where are you? Sounds like where I am. I live in Afton. Morning side of the blue ridge!!! I can see the Skyline dr. and Parkway from my house.

Sounds like we are neighbors.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page