single mom needs single parent buddy in Denver - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 07-17-2002, 02:53 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am a single mother in Denver. I have a beautiful 9 month old daughter. So far the universe has been good to us. I have been living off of savings, child support, student financial aid and an income of 2 days work per week. My daughters father only sees her every other Saturday (his choice). I think he's ready to drop out of the picture and would have if I hadn't filed for child support. He really has never put forth any effort at all into being a dad.
The problem is I'm running out of funds and I need to work more! However for the two days a week, I pay $50 per day child care. Thats $400 per month which is more than my child support check! I can't afford to work more than 2 days!
I have some friends here in Denver, but not my family. My friends are wonderful and have children and families of their own with a working dad and a stay at home mom busy with 2 kids.
Problem is I don't have another single parent in my situation and I need one! I want to help you out if you can help me out. Trade childcare so we can both work and make ends meet!
#2 of 5 Old 07-17-2002, 08:56 AM

Welcome to the boards!! We're happy to have you here!!

I would suggest you also post this in "Finding Your Tribe" forum

Good lick!!

peggy
#3 of 5 Old 07-17-2002, 03:53 PM

Welcome to the boards! I'm not in Denver (Ft. Collins) so I can't help out with childcare But I wanted to give a you a big hug of support!

:better

Eden yikes.gif, working on a PhD in Education mama to Laurelleshamrocksmile.gif (16), Orijoy.gif (6), Yarrowfaint.gif (4) and Linusfly-by-nursing1.gif (1) partner to Brice. 
#4 of 5 Old 07-17-2002, 05:27 PM

I'm in Denver, Aurora actually but I work full time, so I can't help you out in terms of providing child care but I can help you find more reasonable childcare, and/ or just be a mommy friend, you can't have too many of those. email me if you want. lrosling@hotmail.com

There is also a single parent support group and a API support group that I attend that are priceless in terms of making friends and networking with people who are in similar circumstances or who are parenting in a natural way.

Lisa
#5 of 5 Old 07-24-2002, 03:17 PM

Sorry it took so long to respond, but did you get my email?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page