Mothering Forum banner

New Here, Hello All

821 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  lighting_goddess 
#1 ·
Hi everyone. I just came across this board and hope to be able to get to know you all.
I am a single mom to a 2 year old little girl. Her dad and I have not been together since she was born. IT was an on again, off again romance and went totally off after dd was born. There is a lot of drama there, but I'll get into that later.

I also work full-time and go to school part-time studying Computer Applications and my get into some programming eventually.

#4 ·
When my dd was first born I was able to take 12 weeks off and I had a in-home day care lined up for when I went back to work. I breastfed my dd and the dcp had never watched a bf baby before and said my dd was too attached to me and after 3 mos. I had to take her out. Basically, my dd didn't like it there for whatever reason. I was blessed in that my aunt told me she would watch her for me and she has had her ever since. Her dd's bf so she knew how important and hard it was pumping and all that. I think my dd just didn't like being around a lot of kids b/c it's just my uncle and aunt most of the time w/her. This fall I may put her in a center so she can be around other kids more. She's becoming more outgoing and friendly. My dd is just one of those kids who likes routine and not a whole lot of noise (except when she's mad
)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.