Mothering Forum banner

house sharing in NJ

816 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  rachel1198 
#1 ·
Hi mamas,

I am looking for one or two single mamas to house share with. My husband and two sons live in a very large house near the NJ shore and it really lends itself to house sharing with lots of common and private areas. I just posted at co-abode last week and here is a portion of my profile. Please email me at rachel@imom.com if interested!

warmly,
Rachel

What are some of your interests (i.e. meditation, yoga, social interests?)
My interests at this time, seeing that my children are so young, are focusing on my family and meeting my needs, and both flow through each other. I enjoy exercising and we try to fit that in most days of the week. We spend as much time as possible in the fresh air and our home is very acessible for this. We very much enjoy music so we take the children to concerts and have many instruments available to them to play at their choosing. I don't meditate but very much believe in living in the moment and am accepting of people for who they are and each persons unique gifts they have to offer. I also love to cook!

What is your child rearing philosophy or discipline?
We believe in natural discipline or concequenses. Such as principles that apply to everyone. We don't spank or expect children to cry alone, nor to we use time out because I really don't see the point. It is me who needs the time out, LOL, and I tell this to my children when the time might arise. I feel this is showing them what I would want them to do.

What are your spiritual / religious practices?
We are Unitarian, but don't get to church often enough to be regulars. http://www.uua.org/main.html for those who don't know about UU principals

What type of diet do you follow?
we try our best to eat a whole foods diet and naural grass fed animal products and raw dairy and fish. We used to be vegitarian for moral reasons, but I never felt very healthy.

Do you belong to any organizations or groups?
I am very active in LLL, and homeschooling functions in our area.

What kind of work do you do? Do you work at home?
stay at home mom (even though the title says nothing about what I do, LOL)

What are you passionate about?
The need for community. Childrens natural desire to be social and cooperative. Homeschooling or unschooling. Eating food closest to its natural state. And most of all that each mother is the expert of their child and no one konws what is better for their children but them!

Please enter any additional autobiographical comments:
I am happily married to my husband for over five years. I have always love the idea of sharing our home with friends and family and when we decided to look into house sharing on a more permenent basis was when we had a single mom friend came to stay for six weeks. The positives were amazing to see in all of our children. They needed each other more than we liked sharing our home!

Additional comments/features:
We have a very large home and the space we are offering is on a semi private floor,as in we all sleep on the first floor along with all our main rooms as well. We have a pool, several computer stations, the upstairs has a private loft or den area, exercise room, basement playroom, and outdoor play equipment, plus more. All and all we are a very laid back family and welcome diversity. We are a very AP or CC type family if I had to pick a catagory. As in the children have a bedroom (that they would share) but they choose to sleep with us and that is just fine with us.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.