Forum Jump: 

Old 06-09-2005, 11:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by savannahmomi
Ugh, men are so dumb!

So this guy that I went out with hasnt called or written me and email. I wrote to him that night and called last night, but whatever. Its not even that I would be upset if he called or even took the chicken way out and emailed me to say that he isnt interested or that its not gonna work out. I mean damn we are both adults and at 28 years old you would think he could at least drop and email!
thanks for listening.
I'd suggest you pick up the book "He's Just Not That Into You." A great read for dating. If he's into you, he'll call, be excited whatever. If he's not, then it totally opens the door for someone who IS into you to come through. After all, who wants to waste their time dating someone who isn't into them and isn't going to really go anywhere???

Also, men are SO scared to be honest and direct with women. I don't know why, but they are. I've dated men who are in their 30's and 40's and they don't even have the courage to say they really aren't interested in another date. Sad really. I've actually only met one man who had the integrity and respect to say he thought we couldn't be more than friends.

Hang in there. Someone great will come along and instead of being tied up with the above mentioned guy......you'll be single & waiting!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2005, 11:58 PM

Soul-O
Glad to see you again. I was hoping that things long-distance were going well. Yeah for you!
Old 06-10-2005, 03:46 PM

Soul-O your story is so great. I really hope this works out for you.

and LJ, I gave up on that guy after i wrote the post, i just needed to vent some steam. You are so right. I havent read that book but i saw the oprah show on it, that why i gave up so soon.

Ihave a playdate with a new guy on Sunday, our dd's are the same age.

Allyn birthmom to S 3/12/03, placed in open adoption 4/06, married to W 6/22/07, mama to H 2/5/08, mama to M 8/26/12.
Old 06-15-2005, 09:13 PM

Hey all!
It's been awhile since I have posted on this site. Last time I posted I was trying a long distance relationship thing which didn't work out.
I've been on a few dates since and love chatting online. I feel like I'm jinxed or something though...every guy that I really seem to connect with disappear and they can't even give me a last call to tell me that it won't work. This has happened three times so far. We date for a little, both seem to really like each other and then silence. I really think that part of it is the fact that maybe they do like and then start thinking about the fact that I have four small kids.
So right now I'm seeing one guy that I have talked to for a long time, that I really enjoy spending time with even though he isn't around on a regular basis. Then I'm chatting, talking and dating a couple others. Which I only really like one, so we will see. My opinion is this...is they can't commit or want to be around then I'm going to date a couple of them. This way when I want to get out of the house(and broke of course) or just someone to talk to there is always someone there for me. And if it actually works out with one and he can actually figure out if he wants a relationship great. Until then I'm a single women and a busy mama who needs a little fun everyonce in awhile. : Is there anything wrong with that?
Sonya

Wife to yikes2.gif and mama to: dd(14) lol.gifds(12)ROTFLMAO.giftwin ds'(10)twins.gif 

Old 06-18-2005, 01:06 AM

srena, I definently dont see anything wrong with that.

So an update on me... I stopped talking to the one guy and started talking to another. He has a dd that is the same age as mine, so I thought that was kinda cool. I was enjoying his company, but I have decided that he is not the one. I think that you know when you meet them. That is what happened with dd's dad and we would still be together if he wasnt dumb!

anyway... I have also decided that I need to get myself together and get to where i want to be in my life before I add someone else. I have my dd, I am going to be working full time soon, I just started a distance education program. The last thing that I need is another ball to juggle! there is a lot that i want to do in my life, like buy a car, move out of my mothers house, start my own daycare, not live in massachusetts! and get some of my massive debt under control. I do have distant goals to, like having or adopting more kids, buying a house and hopefully one day getting married. But i dont think that I can be in a stable relationship when I am not ok with who I am right now.

Another thing that i belive is that love (or much else) comes when you are NOT looking for it. And I am not going to settle, I know that there is someone else for me, and I think that I will know when i meet him. until then i will cheer all of you on and just be a dating lurker!

thanks for listening.

Allyn birthmom to S 3/12/03, placed in open adoption 4/06, married to W 6/22/07, mama to H 2/5/08, mama to M 8/26/12.
Old 06-18-2005, 01:11 PM

Quote:

Another thing that i belive is that love (or much else) comes when you are NOT looking for it.

thanks for listening.
So true mama. When I was really lonely about 7 mos ago and just wanting to find "the right guy" I couldn't. So I decided to give up and take a break from dating for a while and surprise surprise, I fell in love with my best friend during that time. Now we've been dating for about 6 mos.

Good luck mama! I miss you!

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
Old 06-20-2005, 11:44 PM

Ok mamas, I am so pathetic. I decided to break it of with "L" to become me but know i am wondering if that was such a great idea?

I have not talked with him since Friday and I find myself thinking about him and wondering what he is doing. I have a lot of issues myself and i think that may be why i decided to call it off, i am very affraid of letting someone in. I have been very reserved with him when ever we were together, but we could talk about anything and he seemed to agree with me on a lot of things.

sorry that this isnt very descriptive but what would you do?

Old 06-21-2005, 09:05 AM

Allyn- if you are still interested in this man then why not explain to him what you did here? That you need more time to be you and get your life in order. Maybe suggest you two remain friends for now and, should things start to change in the future, then you two can deal with it then. If he is *the one* for you then he would support you in what you want to do and he'll be there for you until you're ready to make a committment. Right?

As for me.... I'm still talking to Joe (the man in the Army I met). He's leaving Iraq in 2 weeks to come back to the states for 2 weeks (then he goes back to Iraq until January). I was starting to get a little worried because he was always talking about how excited he was to be coming back, but didn't mention anything about meeting me But, yesterday he emailed asking if he can take me and Owen out to lunch when he comes through town (he's going to Fl first to see his parents then he's driving up to MI) Now I just have to decide whether to take O with me.

Pros to taking him.... he's a good ice breaker :LOL , it would be nice to see how they interact, it is not a *date* and he would not get attached to him in 1 meeting, I very rarely leave Owen with anyone else

Cons to taking him.... he's...ummm.... rambunctious (sp?) and I'm sure I wouldn't get too much time to actually sit and have a conversation with Joe, I can't tell if Joe actually wants to have Owen there too or whether he just invited him knowing how I feel about leaving Owen with other people (though he does genuinely seem interested in Owen and asks how he's doing and stuff).

Decisions, decisions

Steph, DH Jason (1-1-11), DS Owen (10-3-03) and DS Kai (10-13-11)

Old 07-03-2005, 10:53 PM

Well I am sorry to see that this is quiet lately, hope everyones doing ok.

so the last time i wrote it was b/c i wasnt sure if breaking up with L was the right thing to do. But i have decided that it is. So I did, i am ok with it, b/c I have other things to do, but i mostly did it b/c i dont feel anything there, he isnt fun and doesnt seem to have any ideas or thoughts of his own.
anyhoo.. now I feel lonely again! I dont think that i want a serious relationship right now, but I would like to have some fun. and you know.... its been almost 3 years
Well i just wanted to vent a little to some mamas who probably understand.

thanks

Old 07-04-2005, 12:08 AM

Quote:
but I would like to have some fun. and you know.... its been almost 3 years
I just ordered some new toys from Adam&Eve. :LOL
Old 07-04-2005, 12:45 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
savanahamomi, i hear ya vent more if ya need too.

well is saw a guy last nite at a friends wedding that i ummmmm.......... spent some time with. he a really good guy, just no sparks ya know? but for some girlie he is gonna be the love of their lives, good guy, works hard, loves kids, his mom is a lesbian so no right wing hang ups, mechanical,
just about the best guy in the world, why cant there be sparks? ahhh oh well....

lately i seem to be meeting only drunk or really young guys, i mean really young. no one seems rightor even decent, no one seems even 'i can build upon this', not that i want someone perfect or anything but i want someone that is at least willing to work on their stuff, not just drink or "otherstuff", themselves into oblivion.
any body hearing me?

maya still dating queen.

Visit the Holiday Helper thread and join in on the giving and fun! Loving and working with the plants. I have a store! or two!

User Tag List