Join Date: Sep 2006
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
nursing mama to four beauitful lilttle gurls... Ivyrose 3.13.2004
married to dh steve since june 2010
It's all been said but here I go.
1) No more degrading comments about my gentle parenting choices
2) No more verbal abuse from spouse
3) No more cheating or wondering if that friend is another special friend
4) Much less drama (still happens when dealing with holidays)
5) Much less negative feedback on my messy house
6) No more feeling lonely when not alone
7) No more feeling unappreciated, my beautiful daughters appreciate me all the time.
8) No more disappointment because he won't grow up and act like an adult. Now I don't care and don't try to count on him.
9) The simple fact that our lives are better and more stable b/c I'm the only one making the decisions. I bought a house by myself to raise my kids in. I never could have that with him.
10) No man child to raise and cling to me.
My ex played WoW too. :Puke Could never watch the kids for a second because all these 13 year olds were counting on him so they could raid a castle and collect gold to sell on ebay. .... making 5 cents an hour. Unshaven, unbathed, dirty dishes everywhere, wearing the same clothes for 3 straight days, but hey... he's 70th level now... so it's all good. : :Puke
I love that the first face I see in the morning is my son's.
I love that I can be as silly as I want with my son.
I love that my son has never heard an argument in his life.
I love that I can raise my son to have strong values and morals and treat women with respect without him seeing an example that contradicts those teachings.
I love that there is peace in my heart and I am calm and relaxed.
And as so many have said...I love that I am only taking care of one child!
The only problem is that I find myself wanting another child!!!! (And that is one thing that men are good for!)
Thank you so much for this uplifting thread!