Where did everybody go?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 23 Old 01-25-2005, 04:03 AM - Thread Starter
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This was such a busy forum just a couple of weeks ago... now it seems like everybody has strayed off. Did eveyone but me get remarried? Now where am I going to go with questions like:

What should I do if my breasts start squirting on a hot date?
and,
My ex is a piece of crap. is there an herbal remedy for that?

Well I'm just going to have to BOMBARD Single Parenting with new posts and hopefully tomorrow you'll all come back!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 23 Old 01-25-2005, 04:09 AM

I'm here But I'm off to bed now.... it's 1 am and I've got to be up at 7. And who knows how many times DS is going to be up to nurse between now and 7.

Hope others come out to play tomorrow!

Steph, DH Jason (1-1-11), DS Owen (10-3-03) and DS Kai (10-13-11)

#3 of 23 Old 01-25-2005, 10:10 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm here on and off. I don't really come here too often...

coffee-drinking caffix.gifsocial worker in HIV/AIDS ribbonred.giflady-loving ribbonrainbow.gifbike-riding bikenew.gifmom of two twins.gif
#4 of 23 Old 01-25-2005, 11:51 AM

We're still here. We go through times when it's really busy and then there seems to be a bit more quiet.

Thanks for the laugh -- the squirting milk on a hot date thing and the herbal remedy. Boy, we could make a fortune if we could find one though!

I'm still here, just don't have much to talk about lately.
#5 of 23 Old 01-25-2005, 12:36 PM

Hi. I am still relatively new...but here just the same. Thanks for the laugh...too funny. I have to say I really enjoy this forum. Although I am not completely single....I have been there and whether or not I will be again is really as un predictable as the weather...but anywho... I enjoy this "single parenting forum" more than the rest...so I hope you guys don't mind that I am a slight cheater.. I have found some very compassionate, warm and caring souls here. You guys ROCK!!
#6 of 23 Old 01-25-2005, 05:28 PM

im here.. but my babe needs a boob.. ill come back and write more later you are NOt alone!

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#7 of 23 Old 01-25-2005, 06:23 PM

Quote:
I wish, if anyone finds one, please post it. What ever it is, I'll buy a ton of it.

Still here as well. My youngest is a very active 2 year old now so I get to read a lot but can't always respond. Still deal with the same ex crap, not paying child support, bearly coming by to see them, acting like an ass.

Stephanie, mom to 3 big girls ('94, '99 & '02) and to my little guy (12/30/09) intact & CD'ed!
#8 of 23 Old 01-25-2005, 07:09 PM

I wish, if anyone finds one, please post it. What ever it is, I'll buy a ton of it.

Buy it? Heck, I'll grow it, legal or not!
#9 of 23 Old 01-25-2005, 07:14 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

MamaFern~ I remember your post from a few weeks ago, when your SO was leaving. I hope you and your son are still doing well!

girlzmommy00: yay!!! I'm not there yet, but soon. I was 21 when I had my first DD and before that I had serious relationships... so I never actually dated. That's one thing I'm looking forward to!
#10 of 23 Old 01-25-2005, 08:17 PM

I'm around! Have not had much to say because, well, things are going pretty smoothly.

I'm dating someone awesome, my x has moved to NY, and life is pretty good!

I've been spending too much time over in the diapering forum anyway (it makes me spend $$, not good :LOL) so I'll try to pop over here more often.

Candacepeace.gif, Married to dh   guitar.gif, Mom to ds (8) biggrinbounce.gif , Gavin candle.gif (9/30/10 - 12/19/10) and cautiously expecting our rainbow1284.gif 4-29-12

#11 of 23 Old 01-25-2005, 08:45 PM

im doing good thanks..

elwynn is napping. we just walked down to the health food store to get goats milk..the fresh air always makes him sleepy.

i just got a call from "family maintainance" which is this offshoot of welfare in canada.. they said thatthey were going to contact him Months ago..like almost a year.and i get this letter saying I missed an appointment i didnt even know about.. and now they are going to search my house because his mailing address is my house.. its his mothers house but he does not live here.. its so frustrating . idont want strangers snooping around in my sacred space! but i guess thats what you get for having a baby with someone who wont pay child support

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#12 of 23 Old 01-26-2005, 02:00 AM

I am here, but pretty new.

I have nothing to say as of yet. But I'm reading.
#13 of 23 Old 01-26-2005, 05:16 PM

I'm still here.... having a rough go of it right now, but surviving and trying to dig myself out of a self-imposed hole with my parents (re: money issues - it will be OK but will take time to heal). I've decided I have to quit school and get a full-time job because ex is not paying c/s at all, and my business venture with "W" is not getting off the ground yet, but I'm expecting to spend more time on it in the coming weeks. Otherwise... my kids are doing well, we're healthy, and my relationship is going along nicely.

As far as the initial questions are concerned....

Now that I'm staying over at "W"s about once a week, I've had to start bringing my breast pump along for the ride and roll out of bed to pump around midnight. Otherwise, there is a bit of "spurtage" by the time I get to my son to nurse again. I'd suggest you try to pump ahead of time in order to avoid this issue.

As for the herbal remedy for jerk ex's: I suppose the only remedy is "rescue remedy" for us everytime we have to deal with them!

Tabitha ~ devoted wife to my best friend Stephen ribbonyellow.gif and gentle Christian mom to six DSs: notes.gif E - 2/09/00REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifA - 3/05/03superhero.gifA- 6/05/06 guitar.gif H- 2/07/08 jog.gif J - 11/14/10 bouncy.gif T - 8/23/12 + stork-suprise.gif due 9/20/14!  brokenheart.gif DD Janae 10/19/09 angel2.gif
#14 of 23 Old 01-26-2005, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Foxglove (digitalis), but I don't know the fatal dose...

The only thing you owe to others is to behave with integrity.
#15 of 23 Old 01-26-2005, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seasons
What about Cyanide????

kidding, of course

Tabitha ~ devoted wife to my best friend Stephen ribbonyellow.gif and gentle Christian mom to six DSs: notes.gif E - 2/09/00REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifA - 3/05/03superhero.gifA- 6/05/06 guitar.gif H- 2/07/08 jog.gif J - 11/14/10 bouncy.gif T - 8/23/12 + stork-suprise.gif due 9/20/14!  brokenheart.gif DD Janae 10/19/09 angel2.gif
#16 of 23 Old 01-27-2005, 12:27 AM

I'm here, and still kinda new. XH moved out on Sunday, so I'm still getting to know this single mom thing. With the exception of the finances, I'm diggin' it. It's nice to have so much less tension in the house. We are all clearly still adjusting, and I look forward to seeing where our lives are in a few months.

I had an interview yesterday for a position in the Children's Activity Room at the local rec center (gym nursery, basically). If I get it, it would be some extra money while keeping my kids with me, which is good. Wish me luck.
#17 of 23 Old 01-27-2005, 12:56 AM

we hung out with another single momma from our town today. we walked to the park and all around and vented about our X's... it was quite refreshing!

i found $25.00 while walking down the street too..which was amazing! that kind of thing never happens to me..well i guess it does now!

then i made dinner.. organic pasta with sauteed kale and garlic and olive oil and grated cheese on top. simple but sooo yummy!

all in all our day has been great. oh and i got a call that his dad is in manitoba.. far away and i feel good about that right now.

Quote:

#18 of 23 Old 01-28-2005, 06:09 AM

:

Oh my, you are funny. I promise to come here more often.

Teach your children about the global water crisis
Visit Dream Village to learn more | Check out Saved by the Well on Amazon! | SBTW Trailer!
#19 of 23 Old 01-28-2005, 06:11 AM

MamaFern, you babe is GORGEOUS!!!!!!

And I sooooooo need some of those balls....

No, sillies not those balls...

her awesome felted wool balls

Visit Dream Village to learn more | Check out Saved by the Well on Amazon! | SBTW Trailer!
#20 of 23 Old 01-28-2005, 11:50 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Oh Meco, you are so silly :LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seasons
:

coffee-drinking caffix.gifsocial worker in HIV/AIDS ribbonred.giflady-loving ribbonrainbow.gifbike-riding bikenew.gifmom of two twins.gif
#21 of 23 Old 01-29-2005, 03:18 AM

Yes, yes I am... :LOL

Really just a perv....

#22 of 23 Old 01-29-2005, 11:15 PM

ok - I'm here to. I've been reading the mothering message board for eons but just started posting a little over a year ago. I tend to keep my "mouth" shut. I'm 43, so no guys on the horizon but I must say I have a marvelous figure and a wonderful sense of humor. My life be good now, but 2 -3 years ago it was way scary. Brooklyn's in the house.

cheers
#23 of 23 Old 01-31-2005, 11:32 PM

I'm back. I dissappeared for a while because I got really busy. I started a second job and I've had to travel a lot for training, blah, blah, blah. But now I'm back on track and ready to post again.

I've missed you mamas!

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page