What do you do when you're REALLY sick? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-27-2001, 03:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
I've been thinking about this since Owen's been in bed with a fever for 4 days...

What do you single mommas do when YOU'RE in bed sick and don't have ANY energy to do ANYTHING!?

With no fathers around, you can't just pass them off while you take care of yourself...

Personally I grudge through it. I have 2 children, and feel guilty when my family watches them for any amount of time. Last year when I was pregnant I remember being REALLY sick for a couple of days, and with Owen feeling fine it was NOT a fun couple of days!

How do you all handle this??

Hoping nobody gets ill this year,
Emily

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2001, 12:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I live in a multi-generational home with my mother and younger sister so everyone so far has been willing to help when I have been really sick. Since I work full time I have a sitter who comes in normally anyway so she helps out as well. But when I am home and sick my daughter doesn't want to leave my side so she gets to make a mess around me with all her toys as I observe and interact as much as I can from my bed.

Paz
Old 01-06-2002, 07:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I beg my mother to watch her. Last week I was really sick and had a bad sinus infection to boot and couldn't even open my eyes I was in such bad pain (you know that sledge hammer in the head feeling) and of course dd just wanted to hit me in the face with toys and she hit the head banging phase too. I was never so glad to start abx in my life! I dont know what i'm going to do once I move out.

User Tag List