Can we do a new roll call - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 64 Old 02-14-2006, 12:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm a young single mama in a unique situtation. I live with my DS, age 3 and my Stepdaughter, age 8. Their father sees them on Wednesday and Thursday evenings for a few hours, and he occassionally shows up on weekend mornings. StbX and I have filed for a Legal Seperation, and we should be going to sign the papers at the end of this week (yay!). DsD's mother and I get along well, and she sees DsD Monday afternoon/evening (b/c I have class) every other weekend, and whenever else I need a babysitter (for both DC) or she wants to see DsD.

I am a full time student with my Associates Degree in Early Childhood Education. Right now I'm working on my Bachelors, and I'm aiming to graduate in May 2007. We live in a one bedroom apartment off my parent's house, and I curtained off part of the kitchen to make a bedroom for DC. It's small, but it works well for us. I quit my job in January because I realized I can't do everything at once, so I'm focusing on DC and school.

I am in a much better place mentally and emotionally since stbX and I split, We are very strained financially, so I am applying for assistance as soon as the seperation is official. I also knit and sew, and I'm working on learning how to cook.

Kerry, loving wife to Pete, mama to DD (14) DS1 (9) DS2 (3) & Expecting someone new Jan 2013

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 64 Old 02-14-2006, 09:05 PM

Hey mamas. I've been to other places on this site but not so much here. I'm 26 with a 4 yo DD. We've been living with my mom since Sept. Dd's dad lives in Boston which is about 2.5 hours away so he can see her about every 2 weeks. Everything is going well and I'm working. Dd is in school and loves it. I was the one who left her dad, not for any abuse. He's actually wonderful but I was never in love with him. I got pregnant after about 1 month of us dating and tried to make it work but it just wouldn't. He is a great dad though and I can fully trust her to spend a weekend with him. We'll probably live with my mom for another year then hopefully move up to Maine so I can go to massage therapy school and we can live somewhere beautiful.
We don't have a computer at the house so I check up at the library. It's so wonderful to have this support, even if it is through a screen.
you all rock!

mama to beautiful Sequoia
#63 of 64 Old 02-15-2006, 03:27 AM

Hello,
I'm Candy, 36 year old mama to Benjamin (9 mos) and step-mama to Amanda (13 yrs). Dh and I are currently separated. I lurk here more than I post, but the times I have posted (more frequently since dh moved out in Dec), I received such warmth and support that it's made this horrible time easier.

When ds was 6 weeks old, dh told me he wasn't happy with himself and that he also wasn't in love with me anymore. He is living on his own right now trying to figure himself out, take care of himself (he had never done that before), and see if he can/wants to rekindle his feelings for me. He works graveyard and takes care of ds during the day when I work. It's good for ds--he's always with one of us, but bad for us in terms of getting any time together to talk about what we want to have happen to our relationship.

I am working on being less of a caretaker, letting him find his own path (even if that leads him away from me), and finding my own path. I don't know what will happen to our marriage. I only know I seem to fluctuate from moment to moment, one minute feeling like it will be ok if we end up apart, the next moment in tears because I miss him so much and just want him to come home.

I have a masters in social work and work in social science/behavioral research at a large university. My step-daughter (dh considers me as much her mom as her bio-mom, and so she spends a lot of "his" time with me and ds) and my son are the lights of my life. I have friends and family who love me and are supportive and who are helping me through what is the saddest time of my life.

I'm glad to "meet" you all and I look forward to more posts with you.
#64 of 64 Old 02-16-2006, 11:27 AM

I've been a single momma for two years now. And while there are days that I wish that I could get away or someone else could put the kids in bed, I generally snap of it pretty quickly.lol
For all the other info. see my sig. Can't wait to chat with everyone some more.

Wife to yikes2.gif and mama to: dd(14) lol.gifds(12)ROTFLMAO.giftwin ds'(10)twins.gif 

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page