dating question - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 05-30-2005, 11:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok we are not techinically dating yet, just emailing. anyways i tend to overanalize things sometimes. This guy has 2 girls who are 11 and 9, I have one dd who is 2.

has anyone delt with the huge jump in age of kids? NOt that it will deter me any i was just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on this. I am defiently not used to dealing with girls that much older.

just wondering

Allyn birthmom to S 3/12/03, placed in open adoption 4/06, married to W 6/22/07, mama to H 2/5/08, mama to M 8/26/12.
#2 of 4 Old 05-31-2005, 11:08 AM

The men I've dated have had kids around the same age as mine.

But my niece & nephew were much older than their dad's new gf's kids and they thought the little kids were cute and were excited to kind of help out and be part of caring for them.

It worked out really well.
Congrats on the prospect of dating! Keep us posted!
#3 of 4 Old 06-01-2005, 04:57 PM

Hi LJ:

I am engaged to a single dad who has two children, 13 and 10. My DS is 2 1/2. They all get along very well, I think *because* of the difference in ages. No teenage competition or the like. We did have to teach the older ones about keeping their "big kid" toys away from the little one, but for the most part, everything is smooth.

Good luck with your new guy!
#4 of 4 Old 06-01-2005, 09:55 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you mamas,

that gives me hope. I know that beign that my dd and my neice are the same age and they fight all the time so maybe it will be better that his dd's are older.

I let you ladies know how it goes.

Allyn birthmom to S 3/12/03, placed in open adoption 4/06, married to W 6/22/07, mama to H 2/5/08, mama to M 8/26/12.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page