Hmmmm... to believe or not to believe... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 09-03-2005, 11:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ex's sister (we'll call her CA) was over today (I had a yard sale, she has a baby boy a year younger than my DS so buys most of his clothes). Anyway, we were talking and she started talking about ex. Now, I try and stay away from this subject, especially with her. But she insisted. She said something about how ex skipped all 3 of his visits this week and how mad she was. I said yeah, but he was sick so I don't blame him. I would rather he not take ds when he's sick so ds doesn't get sick. No sense spreading the germs. And he called all 3 times and that's all I ask of him is to call before he's supposed to show up so I don't tell DS his dad is coming and then he doesn't show up.

Anyway, CA got this smug look on her face and said ex wasn't really sick on Monday- he had some girl over. Apparently he was going to pick DS up and bring him back to this girl but CA stopped him and told him she would tell me if he did. I don't know why that's a threat because it's not like it's againt the law, kwim?

Ex and I have never talked about significant others or when to introduce them to DS. I'm thinking now is the time.

On the other hand- CA is a huge known liar and her and her brother are not on good terms at all (she stole his checkbook a couple weeks ago, cleared his checking account and then some, had to post bail on a seperate stolen credit card charge and is currently waiting for her court date on that one).

Blah, just had to vent a minute. I don't know whether to believe it or not. I can't picture ex doing that, but it wouldn't be the first time he's surprised me.

Steph, DH Jason (1-1-11), DS Owen (10-3-03) and DS Kai (10-13-11)

#2 of 5 Old 09-03-2005, 11:58 PM

I'm not sure if I would believe her or not either. I say next time you talk to him just bring up about people meeting ds, thne if he asks why your talking about it now or whatever, then you can bring up the girl or whatever if you want. But I'd just try to approach it first without accusing him of offing his time for another girl. Good Luck!!
#3 of 5 Old 09-04-2005, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katt2005
I'm not sure if I would believe her or not either. I say next time you talk to him just bring up about people meeting ds, thne if he asks why your talking about it now or whatever, then you can bring up the girl or whatever if you want. But I'd just try to approach it first without accusing him of offing his time for another girl. Good Luck!!

I agree with Katt, I would be tempted not to believe her, she doesn't sound like a high quality person. I would go *wild* to imagine some other woman meeting my DC, definately bring it up somehow in the conversation even if you don't mention your suspicions or their source. I don't think i would want to get in between the relationship between the brother and sister.

Good luck.

Whatever will be, already is...

#4 of 5 Old 09-04-2005, 10:18 AM

I would not jump to any conclusions based on anything she said to you. It is okay to talk to him about the issue but I would try to make it an non-confrontational as possible.
#5 of 5 Old 09-04-2005, 12:23 PM

I would definitely take the info with caution.

If it is a lie.....no harm in having the conversation.

If it's the truth.....you got a heads up!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page