Since I come here the most, I thought I'd announce this here-update - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-05-2005, 09:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have written many personal experiences and have received much love and support here.

Unfortunately, someone has read something(s), discovered who I am IRL, passed info along to others and having distorted things by taking it out of context, the result has been hurtful.

I do not know if the person went looking through past posts in search of something damaging or if it was more innocent like just stumbling onto a post and ran with it. Without knowing, I feel like I need to step back for a moment.

I am safe and my children are safe. I like the anonymity factor here and am feeling quite exposed at the moment and don't feel comfortable posting while someone else is looking over my shoulder and using things I write with good intentions to be distorted and hurtful to others.

I just didn't want to drop off the radar without anyone knowing why.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2005, 09:58 PM

Oh my goodness LJ. That's absolutely horrible. If that is the right decision (and from what I know of you, your decision making abilities are very reasonable and sound) then I can truly say that you'll be sorely missed. You have given SO much to this community. You have helped me, and countless other women through extremely difficult times and you are cherished for that. I'm really sad.
Old 09-05-2005, 10:06 PM

I'm confused.... how would someone find out your identity and what could anyone say that could be used against you in a hurtful way. What I say here is what I would say to anyone I have a conversation with. Isn't everyone like that?? :

Kim, proud CPS mom to Marnie and my 4 legged kids, Jess, Zander, Oliver, Stumpy and Eddie.
Old 09-05-2005, 10:10 PM

OK the more I think about this the more it unnerves me. LJ, I understand if you need to leave. I don't want to invalidate that. But please, if there's anything I or anyone else could do to somehow rectify this situation, I'd be more than happy to help. I have to say, that over the years, I've watched you counsel with wisdom, and lend support to others. I'd relish the opportunity to do the same for you in any way I could. You've inspired and taught me so much. If you leave, there will be a definite void.
Old 09-05-2005, 10:20 PM

I'm so sorry you've been hurt....my thoughts are with you.
Old 09-05-2005, 10:22 PM

Whoa! What the heck is going on?! I don't understand the identity thing either, but LJ, you are so reasonable! And you have helped so much!! Anything I can do?

Jen
Old 09-05-2005, 10:29 PM

I am so, so sorry. I will greatly miss you, and your wonderful wisdom and kind words. You always know what to say and when. I just wanted to thank you. I'm sorry whatever happened has happened. I wihs you didn't have to go. But I understand, and I hope you can check in with us from time to time.
If you need to talk to anyone and jsut vent or whatever you know you can PM us, that way its private. I hope all is well with you.
Old 09-05-2005, 11:41 PM

Oh L.J., I too am heartbroken by your announcement. Although I post sporadically, every time I've ever been at MDC in this forum I've read some amazing advice and support by you. You will be sorely missed.

I'm guessing that someone close to your ex (or himself) has gathered info from your posts here. I hope I'm wrong... but whatever it is, I'm sad that you've been hurt.

Thank you for sharing your unique perspective of the world with us.

Karen
Old 09-05-2005, 11:56 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Oh, L.J, I am SOOOO incredibly sorry! It just will not be the same in this forum without you! I hope that things are not too bad for you.

You will be sorely missed and I, for one, will be so saddened with your absence.

Please, stay safe!

Much love!
Old 09-06-2005, 01:22 AM

I'm sorry people have to stoop to that kind of level to hurt people. I feel everyone has a right to vent and say whatever they want, and if someone has a problem with it, they can personally come to that person, not use it against them. This is a message board, you cannot *see* what someone is going through, or really what they were feeling or gong through when something was written. To use words against someone like this is just plain stupid. I'm sorry you have to deal with such petty people IRL. :
Old 09-06-2005, 01:45 AM

Now that makes me mad! I am soooo sorry that this has happened to you. Yoa are someone who is respected here and I treasure your words of wisdom. You were there when I needed you and I could only wish that you'd stay. Bu then again, if everything you've worked to build becomes endangered, I can understand your leaving. Take care and we'll miss you tremendously!!!

Former dreads.gifwearing, treehugger.gifing, pole dancing, read.gifpushing, ribbonpurple.gifsurvivor & single mama extraordinaire to energy.gif.  

Now that's a mouthful!!! computergeek2.gif & follow it!   

Old 09-06-2005, 02:11 AM

You will be deeply, sorely missed. You have been a source of wisdom and comfort to more people than you could possibly know.

I pray that a time will come when you will feel safe here again. Until that time, we will all be here missing you and continuing to support each other.

Blessings on you and your household!

Wifey to Hubby, Mama to Boy (2004) and Girl (2009). 
Old 09-06-2005, 02:24 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
I've had the same thing happen before Just remember karma is a wonderful thing and one day it will bite that thoughtless person in the ass

I hope things calm down for you soon and you feel safe to come back

Seriously?
Old 09-06-2005, 03:03 AM

Oh no! You are the heart of this forum! I hope things will settle down and that you'll feel you can return soon.
Old 09-06-2005, 04:54 AM

I have only just started posting to this forum, but already I have seen your kindness & knowledge. I hope all works out for you. You will be missed & I will keep you (and your family) in my prayers.

Old 09-06-2005, 08:58 AM

you will definately be missed

Whatever will be, already is...

Old 09-06-2005, 09:06 AM

L. J., I've also treasured your words and encouragement, and the perspective you've given us all through challenging times. I wish the best for you and your children, and hope that the hurt dissipates.

And to whoever hurt you, remember KARMA...it all comes back in the end.
Old 09-06-2005, 10:26 AM

I am so angry to hear this LJ. I respect your wishes totally. You will be missed. I am angry that someone would violate you in this way. It makes me wonder who is reading my posts...
Old 09-06-2005, 12:06 PM

LJ, I am so sorry this has happened to you. You have been nothing but kind and caring on this forum, and I'm so sorry that someone has taken your words out of context.
I pray and hope that you and your family will remain safe. Please feel free to PM me anytime...I know that you don't really know me very well, I'd just like to help out anyway that I can.
You'll be missed here. I hope that things get better for you soon!
Blessings.
Old 09-06-2005, 12:12 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

PM Cynthia Mosher about changing your screen name- there might be a way for you to regain anonymity.

Ruth, single mommy to Leah, 19, Hannah, 18 (commuting to college), and Jack, 13(homeschooled)
Old 09-06-2005, 01:09 PM

I also want you to know that this is not an isolated incident. I know of a few others on MDC alone, and some cases where personal websites advocating AP/ NFL practices were used against parents in court.

Ladies, please be careful.

He who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe is as good as dead; his eyes are closed.  ~Albert Einstein
Old 09-06-2005, 03:01 PM

I'm so sorry, LJ.. that just sucks.
I know when I posted once about people using the hot sauce stuff on children, someone followed me here from somewhere else (I'd written a gentle note to them suggesting that there were alternatives and if they wanted help finding those, I'd be happy to help - they, instead, did a massive search to find who I was and traced me to here... not sure how, since the addys are different). They wrote an email to me about my post here in response to my email to them... it was a bit unsettling that someone would be so defensive about their purchase of an abusive object (said they didn't use it, but were curious about it) that they felt the need to track all my net use down. Thankfully, they seemed to leave it at that - just wanted me to know that they COULD track me down and did, but nothing since then. I'm sorry that someone would purposely cause you problems... that just sucks.

I'll miss your posts - I found them insightful and honest. I hope someday you come back - or that you stay with a more restricted output of personal situations... (which still sucks).
Old 09-06-2005, 07:41 PM

well, your explanation makes a little more sense. Thanks for elaborating. I will wait for your return and cannot wait for your wisdom!

Thanks for everything - Green
Old 09-06-2005, 08:54 PM

Oh, LJ, you know I have been there and then some. I just returned your PM..and now I do not know if you will get it.
I wish people would just live and let live. In so many ways the internet has been a blessing..but it has its own set of curses, and it brings out both the best and worst in human nature, sad to say.
Please email me at my personal email..[email protected].anytime you want to talk. My screen name on Yahoo is magnoliablue2003..you can add me as a friend if you have Yahoo. Please keep in touch. Karen
Old 09-06-2005, 10:07 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
oh honey...how hard and scarey. if you need anything that i can help you with let me know...

maya

Visit the Holiday Helper thread and join in on the giving and fun! Loving and working with the plants. I have a store! or two!
Old 09-07-2005, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthla

PM Cynthia Mosher about changing your screen name- there might be a way for you to regain anonymity.
That's a great idea, We'd hate to really lose you. I just started to come here and already i saw you as an unselfish and caring/ insightful person.

Whatever will be, already is...

Old 09-07-2005, 02:45 AM

I only post sporadically but, LJ, you are always there to respond whenever I do. I so enjoy your honest, down to earth advice and wisdom. You will be sorely missed. I have now seen this happen to two people in this particular forum and it scares the heck out of me (hence the sig). I hope down the road that you feel safe to come back in whatever capacity. Blessings to you and your family.
Old 09-07-2005, 05:10 AM

LJ
I will miss you! It really sucks that someone is digging around and causing problems, and I am afraid something similar will happen to me someday. Well I hope you come out on top and whoever is messing with you gets pie on their face.
Old 09-07-2005, 03:43 PM

I'm pretty new to this board, but have noticed what an important role you play here LJ. I wish I got to know you better. Hopefully someday.

I'm going to post my own thread about possibly putting the brakes on posting myself. I still have my divorce in front of me and I'm afraid if things get ugly, I may regret posting.

Good luck, and hopefully this whole thing will blow over and we'll see you back here soon.
Old 09-07-2005, 09:59 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
oh LJ what terrible circumstances to 'loose' you. i will definitely miss ur words of wisdom. hope something can be worked out and u can get online quick. if possible hope the new identity works and the person is not viciously stalking u - even if online.

treehugger.gif Co-parent, joy.gifcold.gifbrand new homeschooling middle schoolerjoy.gif, and an attackcat.gif 

User Tag List