August Dating Thread - Page 6 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#151 of 153 Old 09-09-2006, 02:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
ps plus, i "want" a casual relationship out of self protection , really, becasue i am still recovering from separation/divorce and then a failed dating scenario this summer... honestly i DO want to fall in love again.. but thats not what i am going to tell people because i am not ready for that kind of rejection and i dont want to be alone all the time right now. so the casual relationship idea is just a happy medium. if things got serious, i would reasses. i am open to more
#152 of 153 Old 09-12-2006, 01:51 PM

Of course, we all want that possibility...I've got lots of guy friends who probably don't want to get so heavy b/c the responsibilty of kids...that's just something you find out in the process.

I wondered about the age thing b/c one one hand, it's a shut-off point for some people, but on the other hand, I'm proud of my years on earth, how good i look, etc.

Anyway, I talked to Grocery Store Guy & he's going to an N.A. retreat this weekend...so there's a red flag for me...I've dealt enough w/addiction for my entire lifetime, it seems.

Coffee guy hasn't called me back...should I just forget it? Should I call him again? What would I say...I called him last Tuesday & it's been a week.

I had the most wonderful weekend with my girls...we went to golden gate park & ethiopian food & I got pulled up onstage w/Michael Franti & danced with Spearhead, yay! Sometimes I wonder if I really do want a guy in my life, how could they possibly be that much fun?

Should we start a "fall dating thread"? Beloved K
#153 of 153 Old 09-14-2006, 07:04 PM

I don't think it's misleading. It's simply none of his business until I decide to tell him. I don't volunteer that I have kids. I don't lie and say "no" if the guy asks, either. But, since he won't meet my kids, it's not really pertinent to the relationship we're attempting to create.

I figure if he ever becomes Mr. Right potential, he'll already know I have kids by then.

Another reason I don't mention my kids is b/c I don't want a man thinking about that responsibility. They won't ever be his responsibility, as far as I'm concerned, so why even bring it up? A man and I recently "broke up" b/c he couldn't take it that I have 4 kids. All I wanted was sex every other weekend and phone conversation every now and then. He claimed that he only wanted that, too, but when push came to shove, he was in the future somewhere, marrying us off in his head. That's the only thing that could explain why my kids were an issue for him. He thought we had potential to make it long-term and wouldn't believe him when I told him otherwise.

It's really sad. I hope I never deal with that, again!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page