Everyone Respond: Intro Thread! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 94 Old 12-31-2006, 12:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i've been separated since sept. 15, when i found out my husband had an affair with a very young co-worker. the hardest part is all the lies. i suspected that they were closer than appopriate at one poing, he admitted to a crush. i put down some boundaries for both of them. which i found out they promptly ignored. so about 18 months of him lying his ass off and making everything my issues and insecureties when in truth i was right on. crazymaking. gaslighting to the extreme. i have never experienced such rage. the guy lied in marriage counseling.

i'm 37 and have two gorgeous boys. i have a small wah freelance business that i can expand. also getting ready to do some cool bodywork training that will eventually get me a fabulous new career.

my parents and sister are incredibly supportive. i'm so grateful for them. i've got a cool new therapist who takes medicaid.

the rage has faded. i've begun detaching from him. just trying to focus on me. what i want. what i need. nurturing myself. really it feels so damn good not to be being lied to constantly.
#62 of 94 Old 12-31-2006, 02:18 PM

Hi i am darcy. I am 22 and a mom to Devi Berlyn who will be 3 in two weeks. <Crazy> She is getting so big so fast!! I got married very young to her father, who once i got sober and grew up a little i woke up and thought "What i am doing with this guy?" Still i stayed for 2 more years a total of 4 1/2 with his abuse and lies and non-support and the only great thing that came out of the relationship is a beautiful, smart, crazy soon to be three year old! <can you tell she is the love of my life?> I still struggle with him and visitions. Plus the fact that he has not supported us for a little over half a year. He is not very there for ither of us but he still claims once it gets to court he wil have full custody. LOL I am working getting a good job so i wont have to worry abotu child support. I am going from full time student to half time so i can get a job and take care of us. I am working to be more at peace about things i can not change like her dad. I dont think he is capabul of becoming what my girl need mainly showing up when he says he will or just being patient with her when he is there. He has moved 7 times since i left which is in Febuary. I never know where he is, phone gets shut off about every couple months, ect.
My parents are very supportive of me but they live in another state and i have one sister here that is supportive.
I also have a boyfriend that might be the one! He has been very supportive and is intrested in learnign the ropes with my girl. I think that it is lucky to find a guy my age that is willing too take intrest in your kids in a non creepy way. And is quickly becomeing that postive male role model for my girl. She loves him as much as i do! <keeping fingers crossed>
To add to the crazyness we have 2 cats!
#63 of 94 Old 12-31-2006, 02:47 PM

I'm a 25 year old SAHM to a 4.5 year girl. I'm lucky in that it was my choice to leave him. He was emotionally abusive and it was over for a long time before I actually left. So I've been nothing but happy since about this time last year. It has been hard (financially, mostly) but we're doing well.

Before DH and I split up I put DD in a private Montessori school. It was the best thing I ever did! The school is great, and I was offered a job by the director. So I'm working there and also taking the certification course. So I'll be a Certified Montessori Teacher in a few months. The people there are so wonderful, and have been a great support system for me.

I've been dating a fantastic guy for about 4 months now. Things are going very well. I really feel like he's THE ONE. I always thought people who said that were full of it. But now I know what they're talking about. It really is something you can't explain...you just KNOW.

So...even though I'm broke as heck I'm happier than I've ever been and I'm really exciting about what's ahead.
#64 of 94 Old 12-31-2006, 04:10 PM

I too love this thread and the formal introductions

I am Rebecca, mama to G (23 mo.) and I* (5 mo.). I've been single for 7 mo. now and am finally getting to the place where I like it just fine. My boys are great little people and although 3 years ago I never would have contemplated being a SAHM (or a single mother), I am trying to figure out how to do that right now. I am on mat leave (1 year) and am trying to start a family/wedding photography business so I can stay home with them.

My children's dad sees them 5 nights a week and takes G overnight for 1 of those nights, so I actually have more space and time than I did when I was married. (Although I am "on" for the other 21 hours of the day.)

I don't know if there is any hope for my X and I. Sometimes I wish there was because I don't want our children growing up in 2 households, and have nightmares about X's girlfriend parenting our children. Ugg. I often wish she would dump him in a really horrific way and then he would meet some nice girl who could be their step-mother. They could move in next door and then we would be a happy family. Or he could get his sh*t together and treat me like I deserve.

Anyway, enough rambling about him.

Great to "meet" everybody.

And thanks for your support, advice and words of encouragement over the last several months.

Rebecca
#65 of 94 Old 12-31-2006, 04:43 PM

I"m Beckie, 32 and single mom to rachel, a beautiful 18 month old!

I've never been married, and was never serious about rachel's father. I have sole custody, but her dad sees her whenever he wants, (xmas & b0days seem to be working for him) ad we get along well.

I work part-time as a housekeeper, and I take Rachel to work with me.

I'd like to homeschool, but I don't see that happening unless I get married.
#66 of 94 Old 01-01-2007, 02:40 AM

I just read this whole thread and I am amazed. I feel so lucky to be able to communicate with such strong women!! life is hard, and parenting is therapeutic, and we get through it somehow.

I'm Natalya (24yo), mama to Zane (3 in feb). i mostly lurk in this forum. i'm living with my parents until I get my associates in child development. we're in downtown chicago, and the city is driving me nuts. so is living with my parents, but it's better than working and never seeing my ds. ds has never met his dad, his dad is a homeless emotionally abusive alcoholic who calls every once in awhile and is in and out of jail frequently. i know how to pick 'em. i love to knit and have just started needle felting, i like to do anything working with my hands. i enjoy writing and can sing too. i'm sick of men and dating, i don't hate men, but i hate being involved with them . thats me in a nutshell.

Dp, me dreads.gif  ds#1  goodvibes.gif, ds #2 jog.gif and ds#3 drool.gif

#67 of 94 Old 01-02-2007, 09:35 AM

I've only posted on here a couple of times but I read whenever I can in the hopes I will figure out how to be a single mum to two big kids and a newborn (seems totally unimaginable right now! ). My name is Ruth, I'm 27 and I have a 4 year old ds (Brann) and a 2 year old dd (Phoebe). I am due with baby number three in Febuary. I've been single since I split up with my boyfriend when I was about 3 months pregnant. Nothing too dramatic happened, just that we were totally miserable with each other and couldn't continue to live like that. Thankfully splitting up seems to have been the best thing we could do all round. The kids miss him but they spend more actual time with him (as in interacting rather than him yelling at them for nothing while he plays on the computer) than ever before.
I am really lucky to be able to be a SAHM for a few years. It's especially useful for ds as he is a very unusual little guy (probably has some kind of autistic spectrum disorder and is scary gifted intellectually) and he really benefits from some extra help.
Anyway - Hi!

Ruth, mum to B (9), P (8) and T (5)

#68 of 94 Old 01-02-2007, 02:33 PM

Hello - I had been out of town and missed this until the 4th page! I began to read but there are so many posts, I will have to read in spurts. It is awesome to see so many people on here and so many I have never seen. This is a great post idea...

Anyway, I am fairly much a lurker anymore myself. Extra, free time is a limited commodity for me. But I do read bits and pieces to keep me a bit connected... I have 2 boys ages 7 and 4, we have been on our own for 2.75 years! Wow, time travels quickly. Their dad moved very far away and out of the country and remarried quickly. I moved back to my small hometown for many reasons and went from one extreme to the other in terms of living situation and jobs. I am astounded when I think of all that has happened. We are very fortunate.

The three of us have our ups and downs but we are moving in a positive direction. I am proud of us all.

I can't wait to read the rest of the posts!

Peace - Green
#69 of 94 Old 01-02-2007, 07:20 PM

My turn! My turn!

I am 28-year-old single mama to a funny 2-year-old girl. She, on the other hand, seems to think she is my mother. I am a librarian, I know you'd have never guessed had not I told you...

I love animals and those closest to me laugh and say my home is Wild Kingdom, but I've got a big and can't stand to see animals suffer. I love reading and would like to get out more often for me time than I do.

Former dreads.gifwearing, treehugger.gifing, pole dancing, read.gifpushing, ribbonpurple.gifsurvivor & single mama extraordinaire to energy.gif.  

Now that's a mouthful!!! computergeek2.gif & follow it!   

#70 of 94 Old 01-03-2007, 02:21 AM

I'm finally finding a moment to post to this thread.

I'm Janna, Mama to Mattie 6yo. Been single 7 years this month. Dd's Dad thought becoming pregnant would "calm me down". He actually once said something like "Well what are you going to do about it now, your pregnant, your stuck with me". Oh silly boy, a strong woman is never "stuck".

I don't always feel strong though. Lately I have been feeling rather low after the death of my Mom. I have to find a new role in my life. I was her caregiver, so now I need to pull myself up and create a new life, and I am finding that quite hard to do.

I moved back home when my Mom got sick, and was pregnant with dd. It was a huge blessing since I got to spend so much time with my Mom, and dd and her got to bond so closely.

I feel so blessed to be a Mom. I'd love to have more children, but without a partner that might be hard to make happen just yet. I dated some when dd was 2yo but I have this knack for finding men who want to "save" me, when I don't want that type of relationship. I think I would like to try dating again in 2007. Wish me luck.

Dd's Dad was slightly involved until just after her 4th birthday. Then he decided to cut off contact. They have seen each twice since then (the last time being may 2005) and then on this past Christmas he dropped off gifts for his parents to give to dd, then called her while we were at their home. Dd has held it together pretty well since the absence of her Dad. I wish they could have a relationship. She is just like him and I think they would really enjoy each other's company.

-Janna, independent mother of dd, Ms. Mattie Sky born on my 25th birthday, 06*23*2000. My Mama Feb.21,1938-Sept.10,2006
#71 of 94 Old 01-03-2007, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity6232000 View Post

Oh silly boy, a strong woman is never "stuck".

Well Put!!!!!!!!!!!!!

M,partner to D,mama to Sofia (6/01), Madeline(11/04), and Quin(2/08)  Hoping for a tubal reversal baby SOON after the proceduremakebabe.gif

#72 of 94 Old 01-03-2007, 10:59 AM

My name is Natalya. I'm 24yoa and am a single mom to my amazing twins, Nick & Katie. They will be 4 months old January 14th. Like several of you, I am also currently living with my parents. I moved back home when I was 6 months preggo. I took a semester off of school and am getting ready to go back in 2 weeks to finish my JD and MBA. I have a year left... cant wait to be done.

As far as the father (aka "sperm donor") is concerned... he hasnt even seen the babies. He actually moved out of state within days of their birth and although he's been back in town since then, he hasnt come to see them and apparently still wants nothing to do with them. All I can say about that is that he's a complete fool, they are so amazing and hes the one missing out. SD and I saw each other on/off for about a year. We were never very serious as we lived an hour apart at the time and were both really busy with school/work. Well, that relationship came to an abrupt end when I told him I was preggo. He pretty much told me to have an abortion as he wasnt emotionally or financially ready to be a father (hmm.. he was only 30 at the time and had a great job... making well over 6 figures). Anyway, when I spoke with him about 6 months into the pregnancy, he told me that i should put my babies up for adoption... yeah right!!! Then right before I was due, he tried giving me the song and dance how all of a sudden he is poor and cant afford to pay child support and that if I file for it, it'll put him into bankruptcy. He actually had the nerve to say that "he's a good person and he doesnt understand why things like this happen to him".

Well, looks like he just may have to downgrade from his Maserati as I did file for child support as soon as the babies were born but things are moving incredibly slow. I took Nick & Katie in for a paternity test Dec13th and SD is going tomorrow.

Also, SD said that he told his parents about the babies and they said that they stand behind his decision. Well, apparently he is also a liar. I went back and forth about writing to his parents for some time and decided to go ahead and do it. I just sent them some pics of the babies and told them a bit about them and offered to keep them updated and periodically send them more pics or if I dont hear back from them, I wouldnt bother them anymore. 4 days later I got a letter back from his mom saying that although she doesnt want to make any comments on her opinion about her son's decision, once the test proves that they are the grandparents, they would like to fly down to see the babies and establoish a relationship with them. I guess the apple did fall pretty far from that tree. I was really happy to get that response and that although my babies wont know their bio father, they will at least have 2 sets of grandparents who care about them.

Sorry it so long... I havent posted in quite some time so I thought I'd write an update. Hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas and hope 2007 turns out to be your happiest year yet!!!
#73 of 94 Old 01-03-2007, 11:28 AM

Hi! I`m Tamara, 33 years old and mamma to Noah Matheo, who is " a little more than 5,5 years old" as he would say.

We live in a tiny apartment in one of the largest cities in Norway. (Not very large in American standard, I`m sure. ) Noahs dad lives across the street. Literally 6 steps away from our frontdoor.

I was never romantically involded with Noahs dad. We are and were bestfriends, and decided to have a child together. So we lucked out and got the best boy ever. But the plan was that we would live in the same house, and raise him together. And we did, until this summer. Noahs dad decided he wanted to live alone, and now we live as I described in the beginning of the post.

It was harder than I would have thought to suddenly live alone with my son. He sees his father very often, but I am the one there every night, every evening after he has fallen asleep (and wakes up several times before I go to bed) and the one who is there to make him breakfast every morning. He sleeps at his fathers once every week, though.

So, that was my story. Hopefully it`s ok that I am here, even though my son has a very involved father in his life.

*Single, attached Norwegian mama to my LoveBug, 2001*

#74 of 94 Old 01-03-2007, 05:58 PM

nak (and she's a type-y one)

OK, I didn't read all the other posts. :

I'm Anna, mama to 5yo Jonas and (almost) 3yo Lavinia. Currently we live with x, but we're both looking for apartments. Kids will be going with me, and x will be getting a place with his best friend. Though I'm the one ending the relationship, we're both excited about it now. We both know it will be better for everyone, esp. the kids. We've been married for five years. In the last two years we've had some MAJOR issues, and I've been trying to figure out how I could do this on my own. I finally have.

So far things are going really well, much better than I expected. We want to have a good relationship, which I know will be hard, but we both really want this to be easy for the kids. I think we can do it. I'm feeling really good about it right now. The only thing troubling me is that I'm not getting the emotional support I expected from the people I love. I think with time it will come, but this has been REALLY hard for me. There was someone I thought would help me get through this, but they just don't understand. I guess I have to have one of those difficult and uncomfortable conversations and hopefully that will remedy this. sigh.

Umm, that's all I can think to say.
#75 of 94 Old 01-03-2007, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HATAWA View Post
Also, SD said that he told his parents about the babies and they said that they stand behind his decision. Well, apparently he is also a liar. I went back and forth about writing to his parents for some time and decided to go ahead and do it. I just sent them some pics of the babies and told them a bit about them and offered to keep them updated and periodically send them more pics or if I dont hear back from them, I wouldnt bother them anymore. 4 days later I got a letter back from his mom saying that although she doesnt want to make any comments on her opinion about her son's decision, once the test proves that they are the grandparents, they would like to fly down to see the babies and establoish a relationship with them. I guess the apple did fall pretty far from that tree. I was really happy to get that response and that although my babies wont know their bio father, they will at least have 2 sets of grandparents who care about them.

Natalya it's so cool to hear an update from you. I wanted to say that I'm slightly in the same place with grandparents, but no dad connection for my dd. We travel to see her grandparents at least every other month. We always spend a day with them around the holidays and other times of the year. It's been really great for dd to have a connection with her paternal side even if her dad can't do the same. Not to say the road with her paternal side hasn't been bumpy for me at times, but that's life sometimes. It's really great that you made that effort. I called my dd's grandparents when she was one month old and asked if they wanted to meet their granddaughter. As soon as grandpa (Pop-pop) saw dd he said "there is no doubt, your my blood". Then grandma got out old photo albums to show me how alike dd and ex were as babies. (Previously they were afraid to connect with dd because ex said she wasn't his).

Dd loves her paternal grandparents so much. She asks to call them and during this last visit she asked her Pop-pop if she could come back soon for a sleep over. So she is well loved and comfortable with them. She also has three cousins (and one on the way) threw her dad's sister that she has a good relationship with as well.

I wish the same for your darling babies.

-Janna, independent mother of dd, Ms. Mattie Sky born on my 25th birthday, 06*23*2000. My Mama Feb.21,1938-Sept.10,2006
#76 of 94 Old 01-03-2007, 09:35 PM

Hi,

I've been lurking for awhile and decided to finally introduce myself. I love reading all of your introductions. I'm Kate, 29, and it looks like I will be a single mom soon. I'm 12 weeks pregnant with my first child, and I am very excited about becoming a mom.

My H and I are separated. He had an emotional (I think) affair over the summer, we went to counseling and were doing better I thought, but then he decided he needed to move out "to save the marriage" and I found out on Christmas Eve that he was still seeing the same woman. Our marriage counselor thinks he could have a mental illness...because he's not only been lying to me, but also to his individual counselor and our marriage counselor. I'm not ready to file for divorce right away, but I am going to see a lawyer on Friday to find out what my rights are.

Right now I'm trying to focus on the baby as much as possible...and I'm planning to try to sell the house and move a bit closer to my mom and other family before the baby is born.
#77 of 94 Old 01-03-2007, 09:55 PM

Quote:
My name is Natalya. I'm 24yoa and am a single mom to my amazing twins, Nick & Katie.
I'm a 24 yo Natalya too! Sorry to state the obvious, but I NEVER meet anyone with the same name and spelling as me.

#78 of 94 Old 01-03-2007, 09:56 PM

Hi Mamas!

I have really enjoyed reading this thread!

My name is Deirdre. I'm 26 and I have 2 awesome DD's- Lily who is 5, and Aurora who just turned 2. I used to be on MDC all the time, but when I split with my X in July he took our computers and I couldn't keep up anymore. But my mom gave me her old 'puter for Christmas, so now I'm back! YAY!!

I live in Eugene Or, which I call the "hippy bubble." I was with the girls dad for 2 months when I got pregnant. he is an "artist" and during the entire 6 yrs we were together he refused to get a real job, or even a house (for the first 3 yrs). I was unhappy with him most of the time we were together, particularly the last 4 years. My Mother's life went to hell after she divorced my Dad, so I was afraid to break up with him, and he would always tell me that I would end up just like my mother if i broke up with him everytime the subject came up. I finally got up the nerve to break up with him in 2003, but i got pregnant again in the middle of it, so I decided to stay wiht him until the baby was 3 and could start going to preschool, be done nursing etc.

Last winter he started getting Physically abusive with me, and it still took me another 6 months, but I finally broke up with him. I couldn't stand the thought of my girls thinking that kind of thing was ok. I thought he would stick around, even if it was just because we live in such a cool place and not for the kids, but instead he ran off to his lame-o hometown in the Midwest with his tail between his legs (and everything we owned, except the crappy furniture, in a uhaul trailer). He doesn't send any money and only calls every couple weeks, but I'm just glad to have him out of my life and away from my kids. At first I was upset that he left, and I DO wish he was here to take the kids sometimes, but now I don't have to deal with his drama and negativity and quite honestly I never trusted leaving the kids with him anyway.

I am a fulltime student at the local community college. My older DD is in kindergarten, and the younger one spends all her time with me (unless I'm at class). We have one cat and four goldfish.

I'm really enjoying getting to know myself again and persuing the things I wanted to do but wasn't "allowed" to while I was with him.

And I have a kinda-sorta-maybe long distance boyfriend in my hometown on the east coast. We've been friends for 8 years and used to be inseperable before I left and hooked up with my X. I went out to visit this summer after i broke up with X and spent some quality time with the kinda boyfriend. We've been texting and myspacing like fiends ever since and now he is moving to Nor Cal in Febuary!! I'm trying not to get too excited, but I really see us spending the rest of our lives together... at some point (and so does he).

so, yeah. thats me. I'm just a crazy kooky aquarius mama of two funky little princesses livin in hippyland.

Deirdre partners.gif partner to Josiah , mama of jumpers.gif, and.... it's a BOY!!!! babyf.gif4/23/2011
#79 of 94 Old 01-03-2007, 11:41 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonicmama View Post

I live in Eugene Or, which I call the "hippy bubble."
I live in Medford, OR, which is about 2.5 hours south of you, in a very "un-hippy bubble" perhap it could even be called "anti-hippy bubble."

Although, with another beautiful OR, albeit VERY expensive, "hippy bubble" known as Ashland, I don't feel too isolated. Plus, I go to grad school at Southern Oregon, so I get to spend a lot of time in my adoptive "hippy bubble"...thank goodness!
#80 of 94 Old 01-04-2007, 03:07 AM

Janna, thanks so much for telling me about your DD's grandparents. I am really glad that my munchkins' grandparents want to be involved in their lives, but to be honest, I am a bit worried about how that will work out. Its so great to hear that it actually can work well for them

Natalya... I've only met a few Natalyas in US and only 2 that spell their name the same way Are you Russian by any chance?
#81 of 94 Old 01-04-2007, 06:24 AM

Hey Everyone!

I'm Adrienne, 28 years old, mama to Kody who just turned two. I'm still technicly married but I haven't seen h in a year and a half or heard a peep from him in six months. In his last email he told me he was leaving the country, so I'm not sure how the divorce is going to go...
We(ds and I) are staying with my parents while my business(es) get off the ground. I have high hopes to be a SWAHMy and even homeschool, but it does look like ds is going to go to preschool and kindergarten since he's napping less and less which leaves less time for working.

Ds's relationship with his grandparents drives me a little crazy. My folks are great, but have slightly different views on some very important subjects (religion, food choices, some discipline areas) and my mom especially can't be convinced that she's not allowed to make those choices for him. So, I'm working hard (ok, cut me some slack, internet forums are my only socialization, lol! ) to get out of this house.

It's so nice to see other single parents making the balances happen. I think I'll be coming here more often.

treehugger.gif
#82 of 94 Old 01-04-2007, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Janna, thanks so much for telling me about your DD's grandparents. I am really glad that my munchkins' grandparents want to be involved in their lives, but to be honest, I am a bit worried about how that will work out. Its so great to hear that it actually can work well for them
Well it's not always smooth. You can read a couple of my MIL (even though I was never
married I still call her that) rants in this forum. I know there is a deep sadness my MIL
holds onto due to the fact that her son is not involved with dd. I know that sometimes can
cause her to act oddly with me. But she is always good to dd.

One word of advice, for it to really work, you will be the one working on the relationship more
than the grandparents usually do. I do more of the calling and updating and email pictures often.
Like I said in the above sometimes I feel like my MIL feels on the outside, she gets no updates
from her son, or visits from dd with her son bringing dd to her. So maybe she feels odd contacting
me. She does sometimes, it was more often when her son was involved, but just know you might
have to do more of the "work".

In the end it should work out fine.

#83 of 94 Old 01-04-2007, 02:54 PM

Hi. I'm a single mom of five. I am having a baby, due Aug. 27. This was the first man I dated since splitting up with four of the kids' father and he said he had a vasectomy. I have a lot of negative stress right now. I have been in grad school in the past but think I may go back to school to be an RN since the schedule can be very flexible and the pay is very good. My kids are 14-9 and a four yr.old.
#84 of 94 Old 01-04-2007, 09:12 PM

Hi friends. I'm Mary, mom to two great girls. Not divorced yet but looks like it's heading that way.Here to learn, support others and get a little support in return...
#85 of 94 Old 01-05-2007, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Natalya... I've only met a few Natalyas in US and only 2 that spell their name the same way Are you Russian by any chance?
No, I'm Finnish and Japanese : . My Father was reading Peter the Great when my mother was preggo and that is Peter's mother's name. He liked it, and thus I was named. Are you Russian?

BTW, I also keep in contact with ds' absent father's mother (get it? ). I too do most of the reaching out, but I don't get discouraged by her lack of communication. She lives in a different state and when we can get there we do, and when ever she sees ds she is thrilled. I love talking to her also, we have so much in common, so I have selfish motives too. I think it is something very beneficial for ds, so I will keep up with it.

#86 of 94 Old 01-05-2007, 01:53 AM

It's funny talking about x's family.....my il's....never liked me anyhow....and they all live across the country...soooo i don't really hear from them EVER......o well.

M,partner to D,mama to Sofia (6/01), Madeline(11/04), and Quin(2/08)  Hoping for a tubal reversal baby SOON after the proceduremakebabe.gif

#87 of 94 Old 01-05-2007, 02:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalya View Post
No, I'm Finnish and Japanese : . My Father was reading Peter the Great when my mother was preggo and that is Peter's mother's name. He liked it, and thus I was named. Are you Russian?

BTW, I also keep in contact with ds' absent father's mother (get it? ). I too do most of the reaching out, but I don't get discouraged by her lack of communication. She lives in a different state and when we can get there we do, and when ever she sees ds she is thrilled. I love talking to her also, we have so much in common, so I have selfish motives too. I think it is something very beneficial for ds, so I will keep up with it.
Yes, I'm Russian. I moved here with my family when I was 11 I actually named my babies after Russian royalty... Nicholas and Katherine. I also love these names since they are both Russian and American I think if I have another boy, I'll name him Peter

I was really happy that my ex's parents want to have a relationship with the babies but was worried about how they will act towards me... Its so great to hear of another person getting along with her ex's parents. Im getting more and more optimistic about it
#88 of 94 Old 01-05-2007, 02:44 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
\I actually named my babies after Russian royalty... Nicholas and Katherine. I also love these names since they are both Russian and American
I think Katherine is such a beautiful name Then again i'm totally biased! :
#89 of 94 Old 01-06-2007, 05:47 AM

Hi

I'm probably one of the oldest single mums on here, I'm 45 and have 4 children. I have a good working relationship with my oldest "boy's" Dad, they are 23 and 21 but my 21 year old had encephalitis when he was 16 and has been left with profound short term memory loss so will be living at home for some time I guess! Then I have two "little ones" now 11 and 9, my 11 year old has special needs. I had to get restraining orders to get their father (he was very abusive) out of the FMH and then spent 3 years in court sorting out custody and schooling for them.

I love being a Mum though, and although I do some odd jobs to get some extra money in during school time, it's the best job I ever had and the most rewarding. Also the most demanding, tiring, sometimes frustrating and with new challenges all the time...

With 4 children not too sure how many years I breast fed for?!! My 9 year old still shares a bed with me (shortage of bedrooms), I also home schooled my 11 year old when he was very ill when he was 5.

Is there anyone else in the UK on here?
#90 of 94 Old 01-06-2007, 09:58 AM

Hi everyone!!

I'm Jennifer, 29yo and mama to two beautiful girls, 5 and 2. I became single during the end of my second dd's pregnancy, when my ex-h had an affair and left us, and I moved back home (1400 miles away) to live with my family. Since then, I've started law school, and last summer met an incredible man who I treasure and who is now living with us, and we're planning a future together (moved along a bit by a quite unexpected but welcome pregnancy!) It's a strange transition from single mama to partnered mama, and I'll never lose my single mama feeling I don't think, nor my desire/need to plan for independent security. (And I'm sure I'll still post here a lot, both about ex issues and to encourage/commiserate with single mamas). But all of those are good things, that will help make me a stronger participant in my relationship with DP. I'm having a strange time imagining having a newborn WITH someone helping and being pregnant/birthing WITH a loving partner, though I appreciate my blessings every moment!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page