new developments - Mothering Forums

#1 of 5 Old 07-14-2003, 12:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
i'm kind of embarrassed to be telling you this for fear someone will call me stupid and gullible. but i'm happy, sad, anxious and hopeful at the same time. if you caught my last post in tao i left for colorado a couple of weeks ago. i had to go to the mountains and refocus. well, the black flies and mosquitos drove me away. and for some reason i just felt that i needed to come home. i had thought that i was going to stay up there for the rest of the summer. away from my husband and away from the mess that our lives are. so i was only there for a few days until i realized that i had to come back and do something about this. i have always been really good at running from things but i can't run from this anymore.

i came home to something that i never expected. i came home to a person who genuinely missed the kids and i when we were gone. he seems to have realized how important we are to him, how much he dumps on us and how bad that is. when i came home we started arguing but it turned into a conversation that i never thought that we would have. he acknowledged, *on his own*, that he has a problem with his anger, that he is verbally abusive, that he needs help and that he is willing to get it.

i pray i'm doing the right thing but i have to follow my gut instinct here. even though he is a lot of things he has never been a liar so i'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt. i'm going to leave this forum and hope one last time that this works out. i want to tell everyone who has shown me the support and understanding that i needed that i appreciate it with all my soul. i have had some very dark days recently and i don't know what i'd do without everyone at mdc. so i'm just going to keep my fingers crossed...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 07-15-2003, 01:10 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My fingers are crossed too----- I hope it turns out just how you want it to!!

Be hopeful.
Be real.
#3 of 5 Old 07-15-2003, 01:27 PM

I will be praying for you~

#4 of 5 Old 07-16-2003, 06:18 PM

Peace.
I have been doing some reading on the Buddist concept of Radical Acceptance.
I also love the book, "The Wisdom of No Escape.", by Pema Chodrin.
I will hold you all in my heart.
Take care, mamma...

Are you seeking counseling? What a wonderful new adventure you are all on. Remaking a marriage will be hard work, but making a relationship with someone new to include visitation with the dad is very hard, too. Remember the only thing you can change is you. Can you imagine how wonderful it will be to rebuild your lives on trust and committment? How great for your children to see you work on such hard things.

Peace.

You are not stupid. You are brave and you love yourself, your kids and your mate enough to put yourself out on the line, again, to make sure you all live the way you know you can.

I was near Steamboat for the forth. Wow the flies are amazing!!! OTOH the wild flowers were a riot of color from Wheatland on down. Absolutey amazing. We ohhhed and ahhhed for many miles!!!T T

Now back to your regularly scheduled postings....
#5 of 5 Old 07-18-2003, 12:24 AM

PS Please check back in with us and share your joy too.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page