So many visitors, now I feel a bit lonely - Mothering Forums

#1 of 2 Old 07-20-2003, 04:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I love being a single mom.
The past few weeks we've had lots of company and it I just loved having another adult in the house or around to talk to and help with everything.

Now my house is back to just our little family & for the first time in a really long time, it feels lonely.

The first year and a half of being single, I was so busy with the kids I didn't have time to even think about being lonely......but now that they're more independent, it just sort of hit me out of the blue.

I forgot how nice it is to have another adult in the house.

I know that after a day or two we'll get back into our routine & get back to doing things with friends & running errands, etc. I guess I was just a little surprised at how I had forgotten about adult time in the evenings after the kids were asleep.

I'm not really sure why I'm posting this...I'm not really looking for anything, maybe just to know that there are others who love single parenting & still find it can be lonely sometimes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 07-20-2003, 11:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi-
I can identify. We have been on quite a few mini vacations since May and now that it is over, I am feeling kind of lonely and sad. I am glad I made the decision to leave my husband, but it can be lonely sometimes.
Great name by the way-My dd is Rylie.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page