Who tells.. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-12-2007, 10:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
...other family members what is going on?

I am super close with DH's family.

His aunt (my FIL's sister) emailed me today and I can tell she has no idea about our separation.

SO do I say something in a very kind way or do I not touch it?

Holidays are coming and I am getting nervous.
My FIL is ill and I am sure has not been talking about this to too many as he just does not need too and we have tried to keep him out of the loop because of his illness-but I think DH does talk to him about things.

I know my DH will not share with her.
I know she will be so sad.

I want to do the right thing here..

Free To Be~
Traci
"Living is learning and when kids are living fully and energetically and happily they are learning a lot, even if we don't always know what it is."
~John Holt 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-12-2007, 01:06 PM

I told my sister-in-law (stbx's brother's wife) because she asked point blank what was going on. She told her dh, but he didn't say a word to stbx until he brought it up himself.

With his parents, otoh, it took almost 2 months for him to tell them. We had already filed, and he was moving into an apartment. I was soooooo tempted to tell them myself, but after talking to a few people about it, I realized that they were right, and whatever I said was going to come back to bite me in the ass eventually, somehow. I would be made out to be the bad guy no matter nicely I put it, or how helpful I was trying to be.
Old 10-12-2007, 01:21 PM

I think I would tell her. Don´t know why, just feels like the right thing to do.

My ex´s family hates me :
Old 10-12-2007, 06:42 PM

I just waited him out -- he eventually told them. I have spoken to all of them at one point or another since he told them, but no one has called her lately just to talk with me/the girls.

But, then his family aren't great communicators.

I am a tad disapointed that his sister didn't thank the girls and I for the baby clothes we sent her newborn.

I assume we will remain civil as they are my children's grandparents/aunts/cousins, etc. and there will be reason to be in conversation.

GL with your decision.

M

User Tag List