DECEMBER dating thread!!! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 190 Old 12-07-2007, 09:52 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Email exchanges are continuing with my main crush and my secondary crush. swoon.

Main crush sent me photos from his Ireland trip. Very cute, I must say.

Not that I'm superficial like that. Ohhh NOOOOOO. :

Main crush guy does similar work to me, so we have a lot in common, it's like talking to someone in my world, so comfortable. Secondary crush guy is in film, has no kids, and loves to travel--I can't imagine our lifestyles meshing. But hey, we'll see.
#62 of 190 Old 12-07-2007, 09:58 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
Main crush sent me photos from his Ireland trip. Very cute, I must say.
When did he go to Ireland? I was just there last month - what if he was on my tour?
#63 of 190 Old 12-07-2007, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whateverdidiwants View Post
When did he go to Ireland? I was just there last month - what if he was on my tour?
That's so funny! He was there in Aug with his teenage daughter. They seem to have a great relationship.

I am jealous that you have been there!
#64 of 190 Old 12-07-2007, 10:36 AM

Because J and I live an hour and a half apart we don't get to see each other very often. He doesn't have his daughter tonight (which is rare because he has sole custody), and has to come to my town today. He wants to see me and stay the night. I'm really excited at the possibility of spending time with him, but I have a small dilemma: Her name's Aria, my beautiful 2 1/2 year old, and this is my weekend to have her. I feel like it will be fine as long as we don't show any affection in front of her. Plus, he would have to sleep on the couch. Aria has met most of male friends and is used to them being around, so I'm not sure how she'd react.

What are your thoughts, chicas?
#65 of 190 Old 12-07-2007, 11:07 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLobsterTV View Post
Because J and I live an hour and a half apart we don't get to see each other very often. He doesn't have his daughter tonight (which is rare because he has sole custody), and has to come to my town today. He wants to see me and stay the night. I'm really excited at the possibility of spending time with him, but I have a small dilemma: Her name's Aria, my beautiful 2 1/2 year old, and this is my weekend to have her. I feel like it will be fine as long as we don't show any affection in front of her. Plus, he would have to sleep on the couch. Aria has met most of male friends and is used to them being around, so I'm not sure how she'd react.

I think it is fine as long as you have boundaries when DD is around It sounds exciting. You deserve happiness after all you've been through

Whatever will be, already is...

#66 of 190 Old 12-07-2007, 07:20 PM

Quote:

I would totally do it. Just stay with yourself, if you know what I mean. Observe and proceed with care. But have fun!!
#67 of 190 Old 12-08-2007, 02:15 AM - Thread Starter

Remember the guy who contacted me by email and I liked him, but he just stopped emailing me cold? Well, he just emailed me The thing is, I don't care so much anymore, my coffee date guy has been on my mind, and while I will keep pursuing other options until things become more clear, I find myself mainly thinking abut D

The dinner date guy has contacted me a few times and I am answering him, I am just not engaging him in much conversation. I will eventually have to tell him.

So, the count is

K= yucky dinner date
D= nice, comfortable, connected coffeedate
J= the one I talked to on the phone for 2 hours, and more since then
N=cute, zen dude who likes deep, philosophical conversation (who stopped emailing me.

I lean towards D...we will soon see

Quick! run inside, it's pouring !!!!

#68 of 190 Old 12-08-2007, 05:24 PM

Okay ladies, I took a loooooong nature walk with my main crush today and his two teenagers and my oldest (9). It was a really relaxed and fun walk, and our interests in nature really complemented each other.

I blushed AS I KNEW I WOULD when I first met him, it's just a self-conscious moment. Does that get better with experience meeting new internet friends??

Anyway... I liked him.

He was soooo sweet with his autistic son. So loving and attentive.

Hope he likes me, too.
#69 of 190 Old 12-08-2007, 06:34 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Okay ladies, I took a loooooong nature walk with my main crush today and his two teenagers and my oldest (9). It was a really relaxed and fun walk, and our interests in nature really complemented each other.

I blushed AS I KNEW I WOULD when I first met him, it's just a self-conscious moment. Does that get better with experience meeting new internet friends??

Anyway... I liked him.

He was soooo sweet with his autistic son. So loving and attentive.

Hope he likes me, too.
That is so exciting I tend to be shy meeting new internet friends if like them, though, if I don't care one way or the other, I am relaxed and confident. I just don't care. I think the nervousness is a good sign.

#70 of 190 Old 12-08-2007, 07:08 PM

So my date went...two very enthusiastic thumbs up, fine holiday fun!

I get to the bar and grille and am so nervous that I finally start playing a game of cricket with some of my friends there. When he showed up, he came up behind me and surprised me with a hug. (Which was awesome, because my SIL kept freakin' me out making me think that he had no clue it was a date. Well, anyways, after darts I started dancing a little to some of the music that was playing, inspiring many other girls to dance, and got me and him singing to the musak. Then an old fling of mine came up and started flirting shamelessly with me, except I wasn't flirting back. My date leans over at one point and goes, "You know, I'm getting a little jealous of all these guys flirting on you...and I think I'm getting a little tired of it." I smiled and apologized and he said, "That's okay, I think I have a plan." Then leaned over and kissed me!

There was a bunch of kissing last night...nothing else though. (Just had one, don't need another thankyouverymuch. )

But anyways, we stayed up until roughly 3 in the morning having a good time and laughing.
And we're going out again soon!

Single Mommy to DS born Halloween 2007.
#71 of 190 Old 12-08-2007, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelovedK View Post
Remember the guy who contacted me by email and I liked him, but he just stopped emailing me cold? Well, he just emailed me The thing is, I don't care so much anymore, my coffee date guy has been on my mind, and while I will keep pursuing other options until things become more clear, I find myself mainly thinking abut D
It seems ideal to have more than one iron in the fire so you can come from a more discerning place.

Good for you!

Girl it's deluge!
#72 of 190 Old 12-08-2007, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahna_mahna View Post
SMy date leans over at one point and goes, "You know, I'm getting a little jealous of all these guys flirting on you...and I think I'm getting a little tired of it." I smiled and apologized and he said, "That's okay, I think I have a plan." Then leaned over and kissed me!
Oooh, love it! Ahh, what a fun evening. You must have felt so good!
#73 of 190 Old 12-09-2007, 12:29 AM

I am so digging all these date night details. It's like having our own little 'Coffee Talk' in cyber-space land.

Yeah, so J came to visit, and we had a blast! Aria kept calling him, "Mommy's friend," which I think won him over. Seriously, how can you resist this? She kept saying, "Mommy's friend, come in my room and play please." *Sigh* He has such a sweet, calm demeanor towards children--total turn-on. When he left, Aria told me she missed my friend. She also kept saying that mommy missed mommy's friend too. Man I hope she doesn't share that with her daddy. :-/

:
#74 of 190 Old 12-09-2007, 12:56 AM

Quote:
I am so digging all these date night details. It's like having our own little 'Coffee Talk' in cyber-space land.

*Sigh* He has such a sweet, calm demeanor towards children--total turn-on.

It's amazing how sexy that can be isn't it?

There is a crack in everything...that's how the light gets in.
~Leonard Cohen~
#75 of 190 Old 12-09-2007, 01:16 AM

OK, twist my arm; I'll divulge.

1. I am in a whole 'nother realm when I'm with him. I thought I knew about African American culture, but I had no idea. Just to hear him talk about his family, the way he adores the main women in his life, and his personal experiences leaves me feeling so, so fortunate.

2. It makes me weak in the knees by how much we have in common. I love sports, and we were watching a basketball game while debating on a player and where he should have transferred. He smiled so big and said, and I quote, "I can't believe it, my woman knows sports! How'd I get so lucky?"

3. I love the way my skin looks against his. It's breathtaking.

4. I love his hair and the way it feels in my hands (He left it unbraided just because I asked him to.), the strength of his body, how he's so humble about said body, his rough hands that speak volumes of a man who's dedicated to his family's business....I could go on, but I'll spare you.

On the drive back to his home today, he told me that he feels this connection between us that he's never felt with any other woman; like an energy that he couldn't describe. It's scary because I feel the same way. Oh, I am sooo digging him.
#76 of 190 Old 12-09-2007, 01:36 AM

YAY! That's awesome Lobster!

There is a crack in everything...that's how the light gets in.
~Leonard Cohen~
#77 of 190 Old 12-09-2007, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
YAY! That's awesome Lobster!
thank you! man, now i totally can understand that whole "absence makes the heart grow fonder" thing...
#78 of 190 Old 12-09-2007, 02:22 PM

Lobster, I am so happy for you! I can catch your high!
#79 of 190 Old 12-09-2007, 08:51 PM

You know what happens when you meet a guy for coffee who tells you that he'd like to be friends but he's not interested in a relationship with someone who is pregnant due to drama he has experienced in the past with a single mom? You meet a really nice guy with great relationship potential! You meet someone who, for the first time in months, you can sit with for 3 hours and talk and laugh the entire time and feel totally comfortable with. Frustrating as hell but hopefully he meant the friendship part at least.

Ally
#80 of 190 Old 12-10-2007, 06:45 AM

Just found out JD is being deployed to Afghanistan on January 18th. This sucks so bad, because I'm reeeeeaaallly liking him, and we've gotten pretty close over the past few weeks.

Kelly, mama (12yoDS), doula, RN, and writer.
There's no where you can be that isn't where you were meant to be, its easy
#81 of 190 Old 12-10-2007, 07:54 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieMonsterMommy View Post
Just found out JD is being deployed to Afghanistan on January 18th. This sucks so bad, because I'm reeeeeaaallly liking him, and we've gotten pretty close over the past few weeks.

#82 of 190 Old 12-10-2007, 10:00 AM

Quote:

so sorry to hear that! Not only will you miss him, but you may feel anxious for him, too. Hang in there. How long will he be gone?
#83 of 190 Old 12-10-2007, 10:05 AM

email flirtations continue.

I am feeling frustrated, though, because i always have my kids and my kids are LIVELY. i have one friend who babysits for free, but infrequently. All my others charge $10, which is reasonable, it's just that it adds up and I really have no $ for it. My lovely nature walk the other day cost me $40 to ditch the littler ones. But if I hadn't we could barely have talked at all. Even if I have a friend I want to catch up with, I always say we should do it sans kids becuase with the kids around it so piecemeal.

just complaining. thought you guys would understand.

he has every other weekend kid-free, and I am just wishing I could be so free to see him. even just one fully off night a week would be luxury!!!

Fortunately he is very kid-friendly, so we are planning outtings with both our sets, and hopefully will get just enough alone time on top of it.

#84 of 190 Old 12-10-2007, 11:20 AM

Quote:

I'm so sorry.
#85 of 190 Old 12-10-2007, 11:49 PM

Thanks for the support everyone.
Quote:
How long will he be gone?
He'll be gone for 11mos.

And Zeta, I totally get you about the childcare. Not only the price, but I feel guilty, like I should be hanging out with DS instead.

On that note, DS met JD earlier this week. Talk about hitting it off, man! They had a blast! We went out to dinner, then to the grocery store, where JD told ds (with my permission) to pick out whatever supplies he needed to make ice cream sundaes. Then we watched a movie and they played video games while I fell asleep on the couch (I work nights). It was so cute.

Kelly, mama (12yoDS), doula, RN, and writer.
There's no where you can be that isn't where you were meant to be, its easy
#86 of 190 Old 12-11-2007, 01:02 AM

sorry cookie. thats really tough. just whebn you find a guy who is worth it...

Visit the Holiday Helper thread and join in on the giving and fun! Loving and working with the plants. I have a store! or two!
#87 of 190 Old 12-11-2007, 11:01 AM

I'm really sorry, too, Cookie. This is a tough break. I am sad for you.

Things continue to simmer nicely on the IM front with my main crush. He's going with me and my kids to my favorite nature spot this weekend. I told him he has to carry my littlest so we can cover more territory and he says he would love to, misses that age. I'm trying SOOO Hard to take this slow. But my mind can so easily project to a future. He'd make a great step dad. The truth is, though, that we are still at the beginning of getting to know each other. I have to somehow get grounded in the present, remember that there's still so much we don't know about each other, and that relationships are tough.

I also struggle to not obsess about him. My mind just wants to focus on him at all times. This is not a good sign for me. It's not healthy, and is not a healthy element to begin a relationship with.

Anyway.... so far.
#88 of 190 Old 12-11-2007, 11:06 AM

Quote:

that's awful! i'm so, so sorry.
#89 of 190 Old 12-13-2007, 09:28 AM - Thread Starter

I just had a nice dinner date with one of the match.com guys...It is weird, we probably crossed paths when we were younger, we travelled in the same circles and are the same age.

I've got to wait and see if he has his life all together, I'm reserving giving my heart until I 'screen' him. He is a musician and very proficient in promotion and marketing. He offered me many ideas on how to promote myself, which I am going to do. We had a nice time, very nice. He didn't try to grope me and was very respectful.

It's funny, there is still this local guy J who seems great, it's just that we have had a hard time synching our times to get together. Then there is N, who is Hott, and spiritually similar to myself...He lives an hour away though, but it is in the mountains and I would LOVE to visit him. We exchange long philosophical emails, but there are a few days between them.

I have NEVER maintained anything like this before, I feel like I am interviewing

Is anyone psychic? I want to know where to put my energy.

#90 of 190 Old 12-13-2007, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelovedK View Post
I just had a nice dinner date with one of the match.com guys...It is weird, we probably crossed paths when we were younger, we travelled in the same circles and are the same age.

I've got to wait and see if he has his life all together, I'm reserving giving my heart until I 'screen' him. He is a musician and very proficient in promotion and marketing. He offered me many ideas on how to promote myself, which I am going to do. We had a nice time, very nice. He didn't try to grope me and was very respectful.

It's funny, there is still this local guy J who seems great, it's just that we have had a hard time synching our times to get together. Then there is N, who is Hott, and spiritually similar to myself...He lives an hour away though, but it is in the mountains and I would LOVE to visit him. We exchange long philosophical emails, but there are a few days between them.

I have NEVER maintained anything like this before, I feel like I am interviewing

Is anyone psychic? I want to know where to put my energy.
If you go to the Holiday Helper Forum you can get a psychic reading for $10.00!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page