Its my anniversary of the day my life became more of a country song... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 03-10-2008, 07:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So today marks my 1yr anniversary as a single mom.
Time flies! I am a little sad.
I don't think anyone will remember today around me
and maybe that is just as well.

I've made remarkable strides in the past year but the future is still that big old blank slate....which is kinda interesting and scary.

8 might be enough
#2 of 8 Old 03-10-2008, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh View Post

I've made remarkable strides in the past year but the future is still that big old blank slate....which is kinda interesting and scary.
Congratulations on reaching this milestone. Be good to yourself today. You deserve it.
#3 of 8 Old 03-10-2008, 12:31 PM

I know right now it's this big all important 'date' of sorts to you, but it's better if noone else recognizes it now, so that in a few years when you've forgotten, noone else will remember it for you and remind you. That may sounds silly, but as a single Mum whose 'date' is coming up soon (and it'll be 3 years!) i'm talking from experience.

Personally i have a few dates. The date i confronted him and everything fell apart. The date i escaped in the middle of the night. The date i crossed international borders and truly became a single Mum.

But now there are better dates to remember. The day i bought MY house. My very own, very first house. The day i bought my very own vehicle. The day my job became permanent full time with benefits. The day my DS called our new house 'home'.

Just remember, your big blank slate is YOURS. And you can do amazing things with it. You're doing great!
#4 of 8 Old 03-11-2008, 01:04 AM - Thread Starter

thanks mamas,
I know it gets easier, I had a few tears today...and felt a bit better.
Its all one day at a time and I got more hurdles to go through...
its days like today though that make you tired for no reason or maybe its just a good reason for me to say hey I'll be nice to myself today and not expect that much and that's not a bad thing...
I got my health, I got my kids...I got a new one on the way.

8 might be enough
#5 of 8 Old 03-11-2008, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterflyStarburst View Post
I know right now it's this big all important 'date' of sorts to you, but it's better if noone else recognizes it now, so that in a few years when you've forgotten, noone else will remember it for you and remind you. That may sounds silly, but as a single Mum whose 'date' is coming up soon (and it'll be 3 years!) i'm talking from experience.

Personally i have a few dates. The date i confronted him and everything fell apart. The date i escaped in the middle of the night. The date i crossed international borders and truly became a single Mum.

But now there are better dates to remember. The day i bought MY house. My very own, very first house. The day i bought my very own vehicle. The day my job became permanent full time with benefits. The day my DS called our new house 'home'.

Just remember, your big blank slate is YOURS. And you can do amazing things with it. You're doing great!
That was beautiful!! My date is coming up too...and I really needed to hear this.

Shiloh, you are amazing, and I know you will fill that slate with so much goodness.

Single mama to Alex(13), Maddy(12), Sam(8), Violet(6), and Ruby(3). fly-by-nursing1.gif
#6 of 8 Old 03-11-2008, 02:07 AM - Thread Starter

True we need to fill our new lives with happy rituals, happy anniversaries...relcaim the old yucky ones .... maybe I will work on this day being something of different symbolism....

not the day he left me alone with three small kids and no job rather...

the day I learned I can do it myself...
the day that started off the chain of events where I got to know myself, see strengths I never thought I had...

8 might be enough
#7 of 8 Old 03-11-2008, 01:04 PM

Congrats sweetie. I can only imagine where I will be in a year from now. I hope that your new life just keeps getting better and better! Hugs.
#8 of 8 Old 03-13-2008, 09:25 PM

Congratulations mama. I had my one year anniversary on January 2, xh was kind enough to send me an email on the date asking about when he could expect 'this whole thing' to be final (MD has a one year wait for no-fault divorce)...!...

I needed to recognize it this year but am hoping I will be able to let it go more each year. I found my wedding anniversary a couple of weeks ago to be more difficult but at least it's ds's 1/2 birthday which gave me something else to focus on.

Really, congrats mama, look how far you've come!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page