Missing my dds today - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 03-29-2008, 01:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So, as far as splitting time with my dds, I actually have a lot more time than stbx does, as I do not yet have a job. They are with him 3-4 evenings a week, and dd1 spend the night two of those evenings. Then they are with him saturdays, dd1 all day, and dd2 for around 4 hours (it'll be 5 today). But when i dropped dd2 off with stbx this morning, and gave dd1 a big hug, and left, I sobbed and sobbed in the car. The evenings they are with him are soooo hard too, and I miss them terribly. I get in this place, sometimes, where I am so upset that stbx left and is therefore forcing me to have less time with them, that I think things like "he doesn't deserve to be with them." And he does deserve to be, he's actually a really great dad, and they totally deserve to spend time with him too, but it's just killing me right now that I don't get to be with my girls.
#2 of 5 Old 03-29-2008, 02:17 PM

It is still an open wound so it will hurt for a while. Allow yourself those emotions but try to look at the time without your girls in one or two more positive ways:

1) Time you can spend researching & establishing a WAH business so you can be financially independent of your ex and also so you can max your time with your girls!

2) Time to recharge your energy. Clean the house, grab drinks or dinner with a friend, prep crafts and fun stuff to use thru out the week with the girls, take a long bath.

Emily I know it is not easy but I really believe filling up this time will make it a little easier on you. And if you spend it one of the two ways I listed above that is really still investing in your girls!

(((HUGS)))

"There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth; not going all the way and not starting." - Buddha.
#3 of 5 Old 03-29-2008, 04:54 PM

Emily I am going through the exact same feelings right now and I am missing my DD's like crazy today. It is so hard. I try to keep busy but my mind keeps going to them. It is rough.
#4 of 5 Old 04-01-2008, 01:27 PM

Yes, I agree with filling that time as much as possible. Dinner with friends, a pedicure, go to Barnes and Noble and get a coffee and read a book..keep yourself busy. It's always harder for me when I'm home alone and dd isn't there - and she's with her dad. I don't mind if she's with a friend or anyone else, it's the time she's with him that breaks my heart.
#5 of 5 Old 04-01-2008, 07:14 PM

Well I have been doing the visitation thing for almost 2 years now. mama, it does get easier. I used to stay really really busy when ds was gone. I would go to the gym, meet up with single friends, window shop, clean my car/house. When he first started doing overnights it would be on the weekends and I would go dancing with my girlfriends, or go to the city and spend the night with my aunt.

It does get easier as time passes. Now I use my free time to relax, spend time with my new dp and do things that toddlers can't help with (ex paint the bathroom). I find now that having 2 days away really makes me appreciate being with ds the other 5 days a week.
HTH!

Vanessa belly.gif, wife to Kev , mama to Byron (5) wild.gif and Billie (2) and  due in June

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page