Another contempt question - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 04-21-2008, 11:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
XH left me (out of the blue) but I filed because he wouldn't get it done. He found a lawyer and set up an appointment for me. She had to explain that she was MY lawyer and couldn't represent us both. He understood that.

He agreed to pay for my lawyer because we basically agreed on everything. My first mistake was to pay for the $1500 retainer out of my savings account. Its in the divorce agreement that he would pay me back $200 every month until the $1500 was paid off, starting the month after the divorce was final. The divorce was finalized in December.

He hasn't paid me back the $200 each month. I brought it up in February one time when he called to talk to DD. We have a good relationship because he doesn't live near me and I don't have to deal with him on a daily basis.

He has paid CS on time every month, and he has paid for my COBRA health insurance too, which was also in the divorce decree. He has had his normal visitation since the divorce was final and everything is fine.

In February, he said he would just pay me a lump sum of $1500 when he could. He didn't give me a date when he would do that, so I don't really know what's going on. I guess I will bring it up again.

I am thinking he is in contempt and I am sure he can afford the payment. What do I do? Besides talk to him AGAIN about it.

treehugger.gifearth.gifribbonwhite.gif Anne (31), single WOHM to Karen (5)ribbonyellow.gifshamrocksmile.giffambedsingle1.gifjoy.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 04-22-2008, 02:02 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Find out how to make up a promissory note, or agree together to register a judgement for you against him (that I am not sure you can do) The amount of money he owes isn't enough to pay the attorney to take it to court.
#3 of 3 Old 04-22-2008, 01:53 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Yeah, exactly. Going back to my lawyer would be silly right? I would have to spend money to get money. Unless he agreed to pay for the lawyer again, which is very unlikely and also silly. Arg.

treehugger.gifearth.gifribbonwhite.gif Anne (31), single WOHM to Karen (5)ribbonyellow.gifshamrocksmile.giffambedsingle1.gifjoy.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page