Creating a worskhop for single mothers/ advice? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 08-18-2008, 01:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Im creating a writing workshop for single mothers. I will make a publication of their work at the end.

I'm a single mom myself, and i am part of a growing art orginization in my town. here is the class description

"Kids and babies are welcome. This is an ongoing drop-in group workshop focused on our experiences but also can be any writing at all. What letters do you wish you had time to write the governor? To the food stamps office? To WIC? What story do you have to tell? This is a chance to use writing, collage, journal excerpts, etc., with a goal of remaining pro-active and positive while still honest and creative. Publication planned."

I am seeking sponsorship and funding for it, so that these women don't have to pay. I need to know what kind of class structure will be the most appealing and beneficial. does the above sound like something you would want to do? I am setting it up so its a drop in type of thing, so the women dont have to worry about missing a class. Its a weekly thing that goes several weeks, but i was wondering if it might be better to do a full-day workshop with food and, and a sponsored art activity, snacks, and distraction for the kids. We have two largish rooms situated right next to each other and I would make it so that flowing in and out of the room is absolutly OK.

Any other feedback? Any ideas on large organizations that would help fund this project?

Thanks in advance!
#2 of 3 Old 08-18-2008, 01:32 AM

Oh that sounds amazing!! I would think a full day thing with childcare, and easy in and out flow would be cool. I would love to be able to go hang out with a bunch of other single mamas for a day of good writing, discussion, and food.

oh, and would you take online submissions too?

Single mama to Alex(13), Maddy(12), Sam(8), Violet(6), and Ruby(3). fly-by-nursing1.gif
#3 of 3 Old 08-18-2008, 03:24 AM

What a cool idea!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page