September Dating Thread!!! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 138 Old 09-25-2008, 05:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh the Irony View Post
Are you into energy medicine at all? Or open to it and a suggestion from me?
Oh, cool! :
#122 of 138 Old 09-25-2008, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleaces View Post
Removed because it makes me feel very awkward to post something so open and get no response.
Sorry, I saw your post and meant to reply...

It feels so good to get support from each other and know we aren't alone in our processes...
#123 of 138 Old 09-26-2008, 07:21 AM

Quote:

Are you into energy medicine at all? Or open to it and a suggestion from me?
Yes, I am a Reiki level 3 who has been inactive for a while. I need something, and I would be open to a suggestion, I thank you for asking first

Whatever will be, already is...

#124 of 138 Old 09-26-2008, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma_goldman View Post
Sorry, I saw your post and meant to reply...

It feels so good to get support from each other and know we aren't alone in our processes...
It's okay, I KNOW single moms are busy!
#125 of 138 Old 09-26-2008, 12:06 PM

Whoa.

As some of you know, a wealthy, good looking, lawyer and I started dating a little while back. I wanted it to stay casual, but he started getting very romantic and loving, almost way way too much for me so soon. I would always meet him 1/2 way, but he just kept upping the anti.

So then he breaks it off with me and when he does, he tells me that he's "falling in love with me." And can't fall in love right away.

For 2 weeks, I wondered if that was BS or not. Until I ran into his ex-wife at a live music event where he was as well. She started talking to me, he saw, and got upset. So I talked to him in his car about it for 2 hours, talking about life, realizing that what he said isn't bullshit, he really is super depressed and in a bad, bad way emotionally. (so he did like me)

Well.... now it's been a month of he and I just being friends. I have told him twice, maybe we shouldn't be, but he wants to, and talks me into continuing the friendship. Mainly I tell him it's because he's not sweet at all to me and not open and it's like being friends with a brick wall. He agreed that he was overdoing it, and just didn't want to give me the wrong idea.

So we are planning to go to a show tonight. Not together, but to meet up there. I know he wants to keep me around because his exwife took all his friends with her, and he has no one to go to see live music with.

BUT.... a few days ago, I thought, hey, I wanna look on craigslist. So I did. He has posted 6 personal ad's since ending it with me. One, just 3 days after!! And 4 "f*** buddy ads. In his ad's looking for love and a relationship, it's obviously that I wasn't smart enough, fit enough and I have children.

I really am so glad that I can see his ugly side. He is a liar. Heck, he does it for a living. But he made this whole process long and painful by not telling me the truth.

I think that I will tell him a thing or two about respect and honesty. I realize by his ad, that what he wants is something perfect. Although he's not perfect, he's lived his life striving for that and I would hate to be with someone like that. I think I will say, "You may have turned me away for what I'm not, but I'm turning you away for what you are!"
#126 of 138 Old 09-26-2008, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelovedK View Post
Yes, I am a Reiki level 3 who has been inactive for a while. I need something, and I would be open to a suggestion, I thank you for asking first
Oh cool. I do energy work with people with learning issues and some reiki and reflexology as well.

Tapping has been a wonderful modality for me to play with. I have done tapping for abundance and it has been really powerful to let go of old beliefs. I'm not stressed about money for the first time in YEARS.

I haven't done it with love/romance yet because I'm not ready for anything serious but will when I want to attract a real partner.

www.emofree.com has a free booklet you can download to get started. Or google eft on amazon and see what shows up--if you get a general book you can write your own statements that are specific to you to help you break the cycle you are in.

And wow Clementine. Glad you found this out.
#127 of 138 Old 09-26-2008, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Clementine~ View Post
I really am so glad that I can see his ugly side. He is a liar. Heck, he does it for a living. But he made this whole process long and painful by not telling me the truth.

I think that I will tell him a thing or two about respect and honesty. I realize by his ad, that what he wants is something perfect. Although he's not perfect, he's lived his life striving for that and I would hate to be with someone like that. I think I will say, "You may have turned me away for what I'm not, but I'm turning you away for what you are!"
Ooh, I hope you do say that. What a jerk. Sorry you have to go through that.
#128 of 138 Old 09-26-2008, 07:00 PM

OTI, thanks for posting that info.

Clementine, big hugs. This is really painful stuff! Take good care of yourself.
#129 of 138 Old 09-26-2008, 10:04 PM

Oh Clementine! that's rotten. What an a$$. take care of yourself - you deserve better than a creep like that.
#130 of 138 Old 09-26-2008, 10:51 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Clementine~ View Post

I think that I will tell him a thing or two about respect and honesty.

Personally, I wouldn't tell him a thing. I would drop him like a hot potato. He is not worth the time, energy or 'lecture.'

It has NOTHING to do with you...nothing, nothing, nothing! It has absolutely everything to do with him!
#131 of 138 Old 09-27-2008, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Oh cool. I do energy work with people with learning issues and some reiki and reflexology as well.

Tapping has been a wonderful modality for me to play with. I have done tapping for abundance and it has been really powerful to let go of old beliefs. I'm not stressed about money for the first time in YEARS.

I haven't done it with love/romance yet because I'm not ready for anything serious but will when I want to attract a real partner.

www.emofree.com has a free booklet you can download to get started. Or google eft on amazon and see what shows up--if you get a general book you can write your own statements that are specific to you to help you break the cycle you are in.

And wow Clementine. Glad you found this out.
First of all, Clementine

Oh The Irony, thank you, I will check into that, AND, I think I have made a MAJOR breakthrough, I mean MAJOR!!

I made the decision not to push this person away and when I did, things shifted for me, I saw him again and things had changed (for the better) I couldn't help but think that I had broken my pattern by deciding to give him a chance anyway. We just had an amazing evening, and I feel very positive that if this is not a significant relationship for me, it will be a breakthrough one. This is all good So my decision changed my feelings, thus revealing that those particular feelings were part of a larger unhealthy pattern for myself. If the feelings had stayed the same it would have been different.

#132 of 138 Old 09-28-2008, 01:26 PM

We're still friends, but now... I don't actually really wanna be with him.
#133 of 138 Old 09-28-2008, 07:02 PM

I've almost finished reading Conscious Loving: the journey to co-commitment.
mentioned earlier in the thread (someone posted a link to the website)
IT IS INCREDIBLE! This is going to be the book that I buy 15 copies of and pass around. WOW.

I highly recommend it. You can probably find it at your library -I did.

to you mommies!
#134 of 138 Old 09-29-2008, 09:16 PM

I think I have met someone.
I went to my 10 year HS reunion and there was a guy who looked like someone I would know (tattoos, similar style of dressing etc) but had NO CLUE who he was. People were adding pics from the reunion to face book so he was tagged in an album and added him. TUrns out we went to school together for years hand neither of us have memory of the other. To make things even crazier he is friends with my BEST friend. We were both at her going away party!
Anyways we have been talking lots, msging lots, he came by last week and we hung out just talking. He's coming over tomorrow again so we will see how it goes.
I am taking things very slowly but I am optimistic. From what I can tell he and I are on the same page about key issues and has a lot of friends and is well liked. (which isn't fool proof but i do think it says a lot to be well liked and respected by your peers)

Just wanted to share and maybe I will be able to join the october dating thread proper.
:

: feminist mama to DD 04/08
#135 of 138 Old 09-30-2008, 10:12 AM

oh my gosh, guys, I'm so smitten. My guy is so great. We've talked about so much and I really feel like I could say anything to him. We had a conversation the other night about "deal breakers". It was interesting that our list of important qualities and deal breakers were about the same. The communication in this relationship blows my mind. It seems that whenever I have a concern he always eases my mind by saying exactly what I need to hear.

The only place where I feel unsure about what I'm doing is with him and my kids. So far I'm really comfortable with how it's going, but I'd love some advice from someone who's btdt.
#136 of 138 Old 09-30-2008, 11:38 PM

I just thought I would mention that things are going much better than I had imagined, he was worth the wait

#137 of 138 Old 10-01-2008, 04:02 PM

Hooray for the happy mamas! (I know, it's October now, but they deserve a hearty cheer!!) :

treehugger.gif
#138 of 138 Old 10-01-2008, 07:55 PM

::

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page