Seperation, divorce & special needs child in the middle - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 09-22-2008, 06:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm posting this for my aunt who just recently seperated from her husband. He has been vebally and mentally abusing her for years, not to mention having afairs and taking VERY very little role in the care of their 13 year old daughter who has Aspergers. He has been harrassing my aunt, calling her up to 10 times a day to scream and swear at her and has been telling their very impressionable daughter HORRIBLE, untrue things. My aunt struggles everyday with her daughter, to provide the best care and a loving homelife, and now her father is speaking to her about VERY adult matters and telling her not to listen to her "unfit" mother, and all of what he says can really get 'stuck' in her head. He is threating to take their daughter out of state, take custody and has also said he refuses to sign any divorce papers. Does anybody know what kind of legal action my aunt could take to get him to stop harrassing her and her daughter? Is he legally allowed to speak to their daughter like that? Can the courts appoint someone to monitor their conversations? How can my aunt get him to sign divorce papers?
#2 of 3 Old 09-22-2008, 06:24 PM

Lawyer, emergency order of protection, visitation transfers at police station, letter from pediatrician, social worker, or psychologist about effect of his verbal abuse/alienation of affection on SN daughter.

short cause NAK
#3 of 3 Old 09-23-2008, 04:36 PM

:
And: Document everything!
Write it all down with dates and times.
Record phone calls with a digital recorder or hidden in a pocket in person.
If someone could videotape any of the abuse, that will go a long way.
Also look up state and county rules. You may find some help / answers there.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page