October Dating Thread!!! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 147 Old 10-13-2008, 07:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
wheee! we are all on such wild rides -the rides of self-knowledge and discovery.

It is fun to share all of this together. :
#62 of 147 Old 10-13-2008, 09:59 PM

I just got an email from a guy that who's profile I just happened to come across on match. I noticed that they had a new "who's favorited me" or something like that and just so happened to click on it. There was this profile of a guy who was kind of cute, not drop dead gorgeous, but cute in a different sort of way, really nice smile. So, I decided to read his profile. He sounds so nice! So, he sent me a wink, I winked back, and then came home tonight to find that he emailed me. He actually has a nice sense of humor and ACTUALLY read my profile, cause he mentioned something that I had in my profile. He even WROTE stuff, as compared to the usual, hi, want to chat, or hi, you're a cutie.

I'm shocked. He has a little girl who's 7. It's just so weird, because I don't ever remember seeing his profile, and it was almost by accident that I happened to see his.

He actually seems human as compared to some of those guys (and I use that term loosely) that try and contact you online.

So, I wrote him back, hopefully he'll think I'm ok enough to keep talking with, and if he doesn't, then his loss.

Jessica, dizzy.gifmom to 3 little ladiesjumpers.gif and babygirl.gif babyboy.gif twins who can't figure out where her avatar came from.

#63 of 147 Old 10-13-2008, 10:48 PM

yay, Jessica! I hope it works out! Is this the 1st guy who seems promising?

I have plans to spend the night with the guy I've been seeing this weekend.
Waking up together in the am... sigh

Rainbow.gif ~ Molly
#64 of 147 Old 10-14-2008, 01:33 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I'm still going along, taking it slowly with my guy. We've had more talking, made some progress, but it's still slow. I do believe he's worth the wait, but, dang, the waiting is hard. I'm getting lots of time to take care of myself and the house, which is good, but it does get lonely.

so excited for all of you!!

Robin~ single, work-at-home momma to my WonderBoys
YoungMan (6/00) & LittleBoy (6/04)
#65 of 147 Old 10-14-2008, 09:25 AM

Molly,
Yes, he is the first one who seems promising. I just can't get over the fact that he actually mentioned stuff I had in my profile!! Like he really read it! I don't know why, but I'm really shocked. Add to that his email was just really nice and had substance. Like I said, I'm just so used to the want to chat, or the you're a cutie, or just hi.

Is there a rule with online dating that if it seems too nice to be true, it probably is? LOL

Jessica, dizzy.gifmom to 3 little ladiesjumpers.gif and babygirl.gif babyboy.gif twins who can't figure out where her avatar came from.

#66 of 147 Old 10-14-2008, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlvr976 View Post
Is there a rule with online dating that if it seems too nice to be true, it probably is? LOL
Not IME. But if he seems a little off, he probably is. Even if he doesn't, he might be.

Rainbow.gif ~ Molly
#67 of 147 Old 10-14-2008, 11:07 AM

this wasn't supposed to happen.

i'm not used to dealing with sweet, attentive guys. i texted him last night saying i'd be coming down 10/25 for a halloween party. he called at 830 this morning "just to check in" and said he'll try to come up for a visit between now and then. oh, and he's calling after work tonight too.

wow.

:
:
:
#68 of 147 Old 10-14-2008, 11:21 AM

I'm just popping in here from fantastic relationship bliss land to say things are going well for me, too. :

I just can't wrap my head around how hard and fast I fell for this guy, and that he feels the same way. We've only been technically seeing each other for a month (though we've been friends and have had mutual friends for much longer), but I already feel like I can't live without him. No, that's not right, I'm very confidant in the fact that I don't need anybody, but I sure don't want to live without him.

We've already had most of those very serious important talks, and I've felt really good coming out of them. It's strange how similarly we look at things. Or maybe he's just very agreeable. Wait, that's definitely not it. : Like the future, living together, marriage (that is, how we'd feel about it hypothetically... I kind of ran from the topic like a club fire ), whether or not I'd/he'd want to have kids in the future, his job search, money, my future in my job, and last night he brought up that he plans to make enough money to be able to support me and my kids. I looked at him like he had two heads. I said "You don't have to say stuff like that, you're in, I like you." He's all, no, I'm serious, what would be wrong with that? I can see you'd rather just be with your kids and do your own thing. It freaked me out. I can't imagine what would make him want to support me and my kids. He said he'd be happier living in a small house and living a simple life with me and them than being a yuppie american dream chaser. But I see a lot more options than just those two. Whatever, he's sweet, I like that he's thinking like that, but we've got plenty of time to work out those details.
#69 of 147 Old 10-14-2008, 12:02 PM

for lunar

glad things are going swimmingly with you

...and the rest of you fab ladies too. we SO deserve this!!!
#70 of 147 Old 10-14-2008, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caspian's mama View Post

for lunar

glad things are going swimmingly with you

...and the rest of you fab ladies too. we SO deserve this!!!
Thanks CP, me too. And I'm pretty darn happy to hear about your boy-fun, too.

And yeah, all us great mamas deserve this.:
#71 of 147 Old 10-14-2008, 12:30 PM

"man"-fun, you mean. he's definitely older than me, which is weird because i've rarely dated more than 2 years outside my age range, but very nice because he feels a bit more solid. and he understands my ol' lady aches and pains, haha. and he's slooooooooooooooow and squooshy and kind and and and...

seriously, i could go on all day. i still feel so pleased with where my life's headed (meaning *ALONE*) but this is a divine, albeit unexpected, "side project" to keep me toasty warm over the winter.
#72 of 147 Old 10-14-2008, 01:13 PM

oooooh, man-fun sounds even better. I'm so happy for you and your little adventure!
#73 of 147 Old 10-14-2008, 05:44 PM - Thread Starter

I forgot to mention (he is open to having another baby, and so am i)

We are getting ready to go to my parents for dinner, he will meet them for the first time . I usually wait to have them meet parents until I am pretty serious We have just slid into this perfect fit and though I haven't decided about the baby yet (I am kinda old) as long as things keep going this way I am in for the long haul

Whatever will be, already is...

#74 of 147 Old 10-14-2008, 05:46 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
"man"-fun, you mean. he's definitely older than me, which is weird because i've rarely dated more than 2 years outside my age range, but very nice because he feels a bit more solid. and he understands my ol' lady aches and pains, haha. and he's slooooooooooooooow and squooshy and kind and and and...

seriously, i could go on all day. i still feel so pleased with where my life's headed (meaning *ALONE*) but this is a divine, albeit unexpected, "side project" to keep me toasty warm over the winter.
Have fun, enjoy every minute

#75 of 147 Old 10-14-2008, 10:58 PM

I listened to the whole sugarcubes song!

So, wow, I am celebrating with you mamas! Good stuff.
#76 of 147 Old 10-14-2008, 11:46 PM

yah, i bjork.

bk, wow! rock on w your bad self!
#77 of 147 Old 10-15-2008, 01:48 AM

today is d's and my one year meetaversary. he makes me very very splendidly happy. he surprised me tonight with a spectacular diamond necklace.
#78 of 147 Old 10-15-2008, 03:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seie View Post
Hmm maybe I should have written obviuosly its a problem for him. I have no problem with him being childless and younger - I think its great - but I think he thinks its a problem. I mean - if you are 29, hoping to start your own family - then a single mom of three wouldnt be your obvious first choice. Or maybe he just didnt find me all that interesting We will see..
I get this because I felt/feel this way about the guy I'm dating. He's younger and I just assumed that he wouldn't really be interested in me because I'm older with kids. When we met, I didn't even have any intentions other than friendship...but I ended up falling for him. And apparently he likes me, lol. Don't sell yourself short!

"Have faith in yourself and in the direction you have chosen." Ralph Marston

#79 of 147 Old 10-15-2008, 12:14 PM

Things have been kinda up and down for me in this regard. I've decided to not focus on "relationships" and stuff for a while. I always knew it was too soon, it's just hard to be alone for me. I still love reading about everyone's happiness, though! But for now... I think I'll take a step back.
#80 of 147 Old 10-15-2008, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelovedK View Post
I forgot to mention (he is open to having another baby, and so am i)

We are getting ready to go to my parents for dinner, he will meet them for the first time . I usually wait to have them meet parents until I am pretty serious We have just slid into this perfect fit and though I haven't decided about the baby yet (I am kinda old) as long as things keep going this way I am in for the long haul

Oh my god! I'm so happy for you! That all sounds very familiar, actually. We already had the baby talk and he's very open, but he said he'd be pretty happy to just be in my kids' life and not have any of his own if that's what I want. I have no idea there whether I want to ever have another baby or not, both options scare the pants off me.

We're talking about him moving in. Not now, but that's the plan as soon as he gets a good job. I'm terrified and thrilled at the same time.

ETA: Seie, grisandole is right, we've all been there, but you shouldn't sell yourself short!
#81 of 147 Old 10-15-2008, 03:27 PM

Hello everyone! Just wanted to finally post an update that I am here in MA and finally with my online love. we actually met up in Ohio met his parents and my folks within the first 48 hours we met then headed to his place. All is going well and we are talking about babies and marriage now..oy vey! I fell like I am having som major dejavu and have been having some unresolved issues coming uo with my past divorce and being a widow with the wedding talk but it's nice to have someone who supports me and is willing to help me work through stuff. Otherwise things are very blissful and we are cozying up for the winter. I will likely head back to AZ to pack up my stuff and figure out what to do with my house after the new year or so..but for now I am just content being here though! My kids and I and he are all in love so it's all good. Just weird I have only been here for 2 weeks though. things just are moving fast..we are even going to look at farms/properties this week as a farmstead is our ultimate goal! weee!

Blissful Mama to DD-(5), DS-(6) and someone new due in November!
#82 of 147 Old 10-15-2008, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowmoon View Post
Hello everyone! Just wanted to finally post an update that I am here in MA and finally with my online love. we actually met up in Ohio met his parents and my folks within the first 48 hours we met then headed to his place. All is going well and we are talking about babies and marriage now..oy vey! I fell like I am having som major dejavu and have been having some unresolved issues coming uo with my past divorce and being a widow with the wedding talk but it's nice to have someone who supports me and is willing to help me work through stuff. Otherwise things are very blissful and we are cozying up for the winter. I will likely head back to AZ to pack up my stuff and figure out what to do with my house after the new year or so..but for now I am just content being here though! My kids and I and he are all in love so it's all good. Just weird I have only been here for 2 weeks though. things just are moving fast..we are even going to look at farms/properties this week as a farmstead is our ultimate goal! weee!
Wow!!:: Congratulations! I'm so happy for you that its working out! How blissful! Is this the first time you met in person? Amazing, I am so happy so many of us are finding love!
#83 of 147 Old 10-15-2008, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycle View Post
Wow!!:: Congratulations! I'm so happy for you that its working out! How blissful! Is this the first time you met in person? Amazing, I am so happy so many of us are finding love!
yes, we just met on Sept 30th after chatting for 4 months via the internet and phone. and we've basically been living together since! :

Blissful Mama to DD-(5), DS-(6) and someone new due in November!
#84 of 147 Old 10-15-2008, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowmoon View Post
yes, we just met on Sept 30th after chatting for 4 months via the internet and phone. and we've basically been living together since! :
WOW! Amazing story, rainbowmoon!

Rainbow.gif ~ Molly
#85 of 147 Old 10-16-2008, 07:35 AM

Rainbowmoon, that is wonderful!

I finally ended it with my guy After he cancelled again I told him he needed to work these things out and wasn't available for a relationship with me until he did. He said he was planning to ask for some space through the holidays, so it was sort of a mutual split. He still wants to be friends but I don't know if I can seperate my romantic feelings. I am really bummed to lose my walking partner so I might try doing the friend thing. I just don't know if he's even willing to go walking twice a week, since he needed so much time to himself.

oh, and very strange thing has coincided with this: my ex BF emailed me late last night that he can't stop thinking about me & the boys (had a dream about my youngest and has felt that he needed to talk to me). We've emailed back and forth a bit today and he revealed that he'd bought me a ring and had been waiting for me to file for divorce from exH so that he could ask me to marry him! My head is in a bit of a tizzy right now. I still have the same problems with him that caused me to break it off this summer, but I do still love him and to think that he was so close to proposing made me weep. No wonder he took the break up so horribly. In my heart, I want to see him again but my head knows it can't really work out. It's so confusing!!

#86 of 147 Old 10-16-2008, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubelin View Post
Rainbowmoon, that is wonderful!

oh, and very strange thing has coincided with this: my ex BF emailed me late last night that he can't stop thinking about me & the boys (had a dream about my youngest and has felt that he needed to talk to me). We've emailed back and forth a bit today and he revealed that he'd bought me a ring and had been waiting for me to file for divorce from exH so that he could ask me to marry him! My head is in a bit of a tizzy right now. I still have the same problems with him that caused me to break it off this summer, but I do still love him and to think that he was so close to proposing made me weep. No wonder he took the break up so horribly. In my heart, I want to see him again but my head knows it can't really work out. It's so confusing!!
Wow, robin, that sounds really frustrating. I think I would have a really hard time sorting out my feelings in that situation and not being impulsive. You're one smart lady to remember why it won't work out. good for you.
#87 of 147 Old 10-16-2008, 02:28 PM

ok, can i just say how AMAZING it feels to be pursued, for one of the first times in my life??!

that book was awesome, BK, though i was initially skeptical. why the F would i settle for someone not totally into me? why would i chase, call, coerce someone into liking me?

i really don't think i've ever had a guy call every single day after hanging out, except maybe c's dad when we first hooked up. but even at the beginning that had a feeling of desperation (later found out was straight up codependency). this just feels like a good friend. we talked for 20min last night (a big deal for phone-phobic me) and he didn't get mushy till the end (he told me he'd call as soon as he knew about weekend plans, then said probably before then too because i'm so cute . we just gabbed about work and life and our "glory days" being little punkasses. aw, and the voicemail he left when i was at work yesterday was actually not for me but for caspian, who he called a "fellow jedi".

have i mentioned how grateful i feel??! if i believed in appeasing gods with sacrifices, there'd be a bloody menagerie in my parking lot right now. i wish i could do something to express my gratitude but i guess the best is to just take the new love inside me and splash it back out to all my friends and loved ones and strangers too- anything to keep this cycle going.

#88 of 147 Old 10-16-2008, 05:19 PM

Quote:
have i mentioned how grateful i feel??! if i believed in appeasing gods with sacrifices, there'd be a bloody menagerie in my parking lot right now.
: laughup

that is so awesome!!

I wrote back XBF that I do love him but I just don't think we're right. He wrote back "happy trails". Um, yeah, that'd be one reason why he's not right for me

and I went and messaged 2 guys on OK Cupid. I'm not feeling all that concerned about having a relationship right now, so maybe it's a good time to just practice getting out there and meeting guys.

#89 of 147 Old 10-16-2008, 08:23 PM - Thread Starter

I am going to Amsterdam with bf if my passport situation works out (keep your fingers crossed for me)

#90 of 147 Old 10-16-2008, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelovedK View Post
I am going to Amsterdam with bf if my passport situation works out (keep your fingers crossed for me)
I lived in Amsterdam for 4 years. Ds was conceived, born and lived there until he was 18 months.

Great place to visit!!!!

Why Amsterdam? How long will you be able to stay?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page