Ex took my 2 year old to a Raiders game!!! - Mothering Forums
Single Parenting > Ex took my 2 year old to a Raiders game!!!
BugMacGee's Avatar BugMacGee 02:11 AM 11-04-2008
There are fewer places I could think of that would be worse than this for my little girl! WTF was he thinking???

If he EVER complains to me about not having any money again!!!

grass67hopper's Avatar grass67hopper 02:37 AM 11-04-2008
And did they pound a few brews down together, too?
"WTF was he thinking???" Not much! Seems to me like you have to do that for him.
Did DD at least have fun? If 'yes', then I'd let it go and chalk it up to immense stupidity with the stipulation that he not do it again without your permission. If she was miserable, then you have every right to let him have more than an earful!
Since it's all over and done, there's not a whole lot you can do about it now. You certainly want to assist him in making wiser decisions in the future, but since everyone is alright, don't let it eat you up!
And document everything!!!!!!
eurobin's Avatar eurobin 02:47 AM 11-04-2008
I may be missing some important backstory, but when my ex-h took our daughter to her first NFL game, I was mostly just excited for her. She had a blast! She was also just two years old.

The money thing is annoying, sure. I know I'm irked that ex-h complains about having to pay me child support when he has Bengals season tickets, but I know I do things that annoy him too. Is there a specific reason why this bothers you so much? It never occured to me that a football game was inappropriate for a kid, but again... I don't know all the specifics.
alysiaanne's Avatar alysiaanne 11:47 AM 11-04-2008
I love football, but I'm not sure I'd want my young child at a game. So many people are drunk, I wouldn't want my daughter to see that. I prefer watching in my pajamas, on the couch where it's nice and warm (o:
Freefromitall's Avatar Freefromitall 02:01 PM 11-04-2008
I'm guessing that there is history that I missed, lol But I don't see the problem, other than it seems like a waste of money to take a two year old to a game, especially if he was planning on enjoying watching the game.
Did she have fun?
PoppyMama's Avatar PoppyMama 02:07 PM 11-04-2008
I am not really getting the problem
anjelika's Avatar anjelika 02:19 PM 11-04-2008
Did we miss something? Little kids often like sports - sounds like a good father-daughter outing to me. Heck, I'm not really a sports person, but even I like a live game.

Hope she had fun!
NYCVeg's Avatar NYCVeg 02:21 PM 11-04-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugMacGee View Post
There are fewer places I could think of that would be worse than this for my little girl! WTF was he thinking???
!

What's wrong with a football game? I would be concerned about her attention span, but as long as he wasn't drinking, I don't see the big deal.

I can think of about a million places that seem "worse" for a 2-year-old child.
MissPriss's Avatar MissPriss 02:59 PM 11-04-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by eurobin View Post
I may be missing some important backstory, but when my ex-h took our daughter to her first NFL game, I was mostly just excited for her. She had a blast! She was also just two years old.

The money thing is annoying, sure. I know I'm irked that ex-h complains about having to pay me child support when he has Bengals season tickets, but I know I do things that annoy him too. Is there a specific reason why this bothers you so much? It never occured to me that a football game was inappropriate for a kid, but again... I don't know all the specifics.
:
BugMacGee's Avatar BugMacGee 03:50 PM 11-04-2008
I love football too. Not the problem.

Have any of you ever been to a Raiders game? Not the most tame place for a child, esp a little one. My ex has a history of going there, getting completely wasted, and driving home. My 2 year old is uncooperative in the best of situations. She hates loud noises and crowds. Plenty of that and screaming, dressed up in scary costume drunk people.

Now if it were a Niner's game, it wouldn't be a prob.
Mama Dragon's Avatar Mama Dragon 05:15 PM 11-04-2008
Quote:

Have any of you ever been to a Raiders game? Not the most tame place for a child, esp a little one. My ex has a history of going there, getting completely wasted, and driving home. My 2 year old is uncooperative in the best of situations. She hates loud noises and crowds. Plenty of that and screaming, dressed up in scary costume drunk people.

I didn't see a problem initially but was waiting for some clarification, I would totally have a problem with that Did he drive home drunk with her in the car?
StephandOwen's Avatar StephandOwen 05:27 PM 11-04-2008
Quote:

I was waiting for further clarification before I commented on this thread. You say he has a history of going to these games, getting drunk and driving home? Does he have a history if drinking when caring for the 2 year old? If so, that needs to be addressed, football game or not. If he doesn't have a history of drinking while caring for the 2 year old, how do you know he was drinking at the game?

My ds is now 5. He is still uncooperative at best (diagnosed with autism/adhd, depending on who you believe). He hates large crowds and noises (sensory issues). I've still taken him to ball games (not the Raiders though ). I don't think that makes me a bad parent. Despite what I thought before I took him, he actually enjoyed all the games we've been to, for the most part.
BugMacGee's Avatar BugMacGee 05:58 PM 11-04-2008
Certainly, this ONE thing wouldn't make him a bad parent. But it's not the ONE thing.
He had the girls all weekend. He was slurring when I talked to him on Fri (he lives with his gf so I really hope SHE was at least sober) Then this.

While we were married, he had CPS called on him for caring for my DD drunk, taking her to his favorite bar, etc. (while I was @ work because he didn't feel like having a job!) He has a history of driving drunk. My biggest fear is that he'll do it with my kids in the car.

I'm just a little sensitive to these things. Sorry.
Freefromitall's Avatar Freefromitall 06:20 PM 11-04-2008
That's fine, like a lot of us said, there seemed to be some back story missing,
And I can certainly see why you'd have a problem with him going somewhere he would normally get tanked at, and taking the toddler. Especially since he's done it in the past.
anjelika's Avatar anjelika 07:32 PM 11-04-2008
Quote:
Certainly, this ONE thing wouldn't make him a bad parent. But it's not the ONE thing.
He had the girls all weekend. He was slurring when I talked to him on Fri (he lives with his gf so I really hope SHE was at least sober) Then this.

While we were married, he had CPS called on him for caring for my DD drunk, taking her to his favorite bar, etc. (while I was @ work because he didn't feel like having a job!) He has a history of driving drunk. My biggest fear is that he'll do it with my kids in the car.

I'm just a little sensitive to these things. Sorry.
Ok - that's waaaay more. Then yeah, it that case I would be worried. Let's hope he doesn't make such mistakes again.

On the bright side, at least he didn't take her to an Eagles game. Have you heard about Philly fans? They had an in-stadium courtroom for a while to deal with the craziness!
ShwarmaQueen's Avatar ShwarmaQueen 07:43 PM 11-04-2008
Quote:
Not cool. Keep a record.
lilyka's Avatar lilyka 09:19 PM 11-04-2008
football game in general I don't see a poblem. kids are often different people when with thei daddy compaed to when hey ar with mom. So long as she was having a good time i do not think thee is any reason to be upset. he gets to make judgement calls like this. lots of people take thei todlers to football games, concerts, amusement paks tc that anothe parent might not b comfotable with. Howeve, getting smashed and diving home, PROBLEM.
Marsupialmom's Avatar Marsupialmom 09:29 PM 11-04-2008
Once I get the back story....I get it... It isn't the game but the potential drinking and driving. I would be angry also.
BugMacGee's Avatar BugMacGee 01:35 AM 11-05-2008
I'm also taking it you don't know the Raider's fan's reputation. They had a joke about it on "the Simpson's"
ShwarmaQueen's Avatar ShwarmaQueen 01:55 AM 11-05-2008
Quote:
I'm also taking it you don't know the Raider's fan's reputation. They had a joke about it on "the Simpson's"
It sounds like the kinda place I wouldn't want DD to be unless I was there w/ her.
eccomama's Avatar eccomama 04:08 AM 11-06-2008
Quote:
I totally understand. I live in the Bay Area. I been to one game and that was enough!!! And of course the drinking and driving adds to the whole situation. i'm sorry mama, that's such a tough spot.
Up