Waiting 3+ mos to ttc? Wanna start a group thread? - Page 10 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#271 of 279 Old 04-19-2010, 08:22 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
wehrli - Congrats to YOU! I hope you have a WONDERFUL scan today!!!

Me36), PCOS -  IUI#1 post HSG w/50mg clomid & trigger 7/25/12: BFN  & med break for cyst IUI#2  9-9-12 BFN IUI#3 10-2013 BFN  IUI#4  2-18-13 same meds, new donor BFN, IUI#5 6/1/13 100mg clomid trigger, BFN,  IUI#6 TBD 8-2013 GONAL-F and trigger blogging.jpgdog2.gifcat.gifcat.gif

#272 of 279 Old 04-19-2010, 08:26 AM

thanks, jenny! it means a lot to me... as i am kind of nervous, seeing as my doubling times were 55hrs then 80hrs... i'm hoping everything is ok...

DP and I  rainbow1284.gif together since 2001, brokenheart.gif 4/10,  pos.gif 7/10
DS - planned h20homebirth.gif born via ribboncesarean.gif 4/4/2011
)O( treehugger.gif nocirc.gif winner.jpg cd.gif greenthumb.gif earth.gif whale.gif
#273 of 279 Old 04-19-2010, 10:22 AM

I can never remember what good betas look like... but I'll be thinking of you today and sending good thoughts your way!

Please let us know how it goes!

Me36), PCOS -  IUI#1 post HSG w/50mg clomid & trigger 7/25/12: BFN  & med break for cyst IUI#2  9-9-12 BFN IUI#3 10-2013 BFN  IUI#4  2-18-13 same meds, new donor BFN, IUI#5 6/1/13 100mg clomid trigger, BFN,  IUI#6 TBD 8-2013 GONAL-F and trigger blogging.jpgdog2.gifcat.gifcat.gif

#274 of 279 Old 05-06-2010, 04:58 PM

So, I got a + pee stick on Monday at 12:30pm and again at 2:30, then by 4:00pm it was already starting to drop off.

Then on Tuesday morning, I had streaky EWCM with spotting. With a small temp rise. (Temp went from 96.8 on Monday to 97.1) The temp has held at 97.1 since then.

I have a couple of questions:

1. when does ovulation spotting typically ocurr?

2. what is considered a good temp rise to confirm that ovulation ocurred?

3. How long does the temp need to remain up?

4. Should the temp continue to rise? or stay the same? I know temp drops when/right before AF shows.

Thanks! Peeps!

#275 of 279 Old 05-07-2010, 09:16 AM

i guess we can jump on this thread! we'll be ttc babe #3 next year and hopefully back to charting by the end of this year, assuming dp's cycles are back by then. it's hard to tell when that will happen since she's ebf. mine came back at 9 months pp.

our plan is to see our re in the early spring with a view to starting ttc around may or june 2011.

jaj - temp rise is dependant on the amount of progesterone your corpeus luteum is producing. but any kind of temp rise is a good sign! dp had what we thought was ovulation spotting and come to find out it was her bad thyroid... i never had ovulation spotting. temp rise is variable but a normal lp is somewhere from 11 - 15 days. hth!

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
#276 of 279 Old 05-07-2010, 09:48 AM

well, i guess i can be back on this thread as well... however i hope not to be waiting 3 months....

jenny, let me attempt to answer your ?s:

1. when does ovulation spotting typically ocurr?
i think it occurs the day of or just after O, but i wouldn't know from experience...
2. what is considered a good temp rise to confirm that ovulation ocurred?
as indigo said, i think it can vary greatly... do you use FF? if so i would browse the chart gallery and ovelap your chart to compare.
3. How long does the temp need to remain up?
my LP is about 12 days long my temps stays up for about 11 days.
4. Should the temp continue to rise? or stay the same? I know temp drops when/right before AF shows.
temps may not continue to rise... but they should remain elevated.

afm, today is 13 days post the start of the bleeding of which was a miscarriage... i don't really know if it can be considered CD13 or not but i did get a "high" reading on my CBE monitor! we won't be trying this cycle and may not be next cycle... but i am anxious to see if my body gets back on track anyway!

DP and I  rainbow1284.gif together since 2001, brokenheart.gif 4/10,  pos.gif 7/10
)O( treehugger.gif nocirc.gif winner.jpg cd.gif greenthumb.gif earth.gif whale.gif
#277 of 279 Old 07-27-2010, 04:32 PM

Hi, I am going to be, hopefully, a SMBC, I hope it's ok for me to post here, it seems the best place to get info.

I plan on ttc at the earliest in October but probably closer to December. I plan on using a sperm donor and am narrowing down sperm banks/donors. Any helpful suggestions there would be very, very welcome. I am temping and using an ovulation test kit. I also started using the vitex fertililty recipe. So far my temps seem to be following a consistant pattern, at least for the last three months so that's good...and that's about it.
#278 of 279 Old 04-22-2011, 08:02 PM

I'm just like a chicken3.gif  - the Easter Bunny's got NOTHING on me!  Guess what I did yesterday?  Yeah, that's right... I ovulated.

I broke down last month and bought an Ovacue monitor.  I had been bleeding for several months, very light flow.  Then my massage therapist did some acupressure points and it stopped.  Then I went back two weeks later and she stimulated them all again to encourage ovulation.  2 weeks after that I went back again and 48 hours later I got a real period.  No idea if I ovulated or not because I didn't temp and I didn't have my ovacue yet.

When that cycle ended, I started testing with the ovacue and yesterday I got my first (CONFIRMED!) ovulation in over 12 years.  It's FINALLY WORKING 26 months of super hard work has paid off!  Let's just hope it gets on a regular cycle. 

Some things that I've done to get to this point :

1. acupuncture twice a week (Community Acupuncture is Affordable!)

2. Chinese herbs every day

3. prenatal vitamin

4. massage therapy every 3 weeks (more frequently when I can afford it)

5. September 2010 I found out that I have Celiac and went completely gluten free.

6.evening prim rose oil

7. Fertilitea

8. FertileAid

9. FertileCM

10. Cleaned up the diet from toxins, I eat nothing with corn syrup, preservatives, or hydrogentated.

11. I eat only dairy products from cows that have not been treated with hormones

12.  Started storing most foods in glass containers - avoid using plastic wrap and ziplocs whenever possible.

13. carry water everywhere I go in my klean kanteen and NEVER drink bottled water

14. basal body temperature (tedious... dropped out)

15.OVACUE fertility monitor.  Expensive? YES! Worth it?  A MILLION TIMES YES.  There is a wider margin of allowable error surrounding testing times.  It keeps track of info for you (I also got the software), nothing to right down, nothing to analyze.  I like that it's mostly hands off.  I also like that it tells me if I actually ovulated.  (and I did!!)

16 Right before I ovulated this time, I drank a TON of grapefruit juice.  I doubt this is related, but I read somewhere on here that it could help trigger ovulation.  I drank a 16 ounce glass, first thing in the morning,  every day for 6 days.  Not really sure how I survived that without heartburn, but I did.

17.  started attending births and hanging out with very fertile doulas on a regular basis.

Things I need to do better:

1. eat less chocolate

2. eat less

3. EXERCISE -- like... at all!

4. snack less

Is anyone else still around?  I'm projecting maybe August for the first try -- probably with a known donor.  I have a few options that I'm sorting through now.

#279 of 279 Old 04-23-2011, 05:05 AM

Jenny, congrats on Oing!!! orngbiggrin.gif this has been a long time coming! FX that things keep going well and you will be trying and succeeding in august!

Im still around... And I guess waiting 3+ months to TTC since I just gave birth to our son 3 weeks ago. redface.gif good to "see" you again!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page