Queer TTC December 2008 - Page 10 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-30-2008, 11:16 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Indigo - HANG IN THERE!!!!

It ain't over 'til it's over, and it's way too soon to call it early.

AFM - uh, nothing.

I have a new "hope chest" project, though this one is REALLY long term. I started on a project to make felt play food. Part of me wishes I was working on something more "baby" like sewing nappies or something, but I figure by the time my kid is old enough to get into it, I'll have perfected my technique, and I'll have a SWEET stash of play food.

(Items so far - cucumber slice, tea bag, strawberries, cookies, a chocolate bar, an olive with pimento, enough kale, romaine lettuce, spinach, and young leaf lettuce to make a respectable salad, and a cracker.)

SPBC Finally a Papa! Elise Ember Soleil - 10/3/10 - 4:09 AM - 6 lbs 8 oz My daughter eats donor milk! Human milk for human babies!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2008, 11:50 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wishin'&hopin' View Post
Okay, so I'm trying not to put too much into the significance of timing--but trying on Christmas Eve and knowing that I'll know whether I'm pregnant or not on Epiphany seems significant. So, Sunday (the day I preach on Epiphany...in my tradition the day in which we honor the discovery of Christ by the wise men and continued revelation in our lives) is the day I should know. But, so far I seem to be having my standard week before AF symptoms...so, who knows? But, it sounds like quite a few of us will either be deliriously happy or quite sad this coming weekend. My best to all engaged in the TWW.
And when you get your BFP, will you consider Epiphany as a name, or some derivation thereof? Fingers crossed and prayers prayed for you ... and some baby juju from your local fairygodmother:

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
Old 12-30-2008, 11:50 PM - Thread Starter

thanks papa, we are trying to stay positive!!

after talking to our clinic we discovered that the lab they want us to use on friday is closed!! thankfully another lab that's close to where we live IS open so they emailed us a form for that one BUT their recent experience with them is that they don't get the lab results back in a timely manner. that means with it being a holiday week and the results due back on a saturday means we may NOT get them back until monday!!! i'm so glad we're done with the clinic because this really is the last straw.

dp is now wavering about testing on thursday since it's new year's day and we're having people over.

papa sorry for the lack of symptoms - that probably means it worked this time! i have fx! the felt play food sounds really cool - i wish i was crafty like that.

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
Old 12-31-2008, 12:31 AM

That is such a great project!

And it might be better than diaper sewing...when I knit things like soakers, or think about it, it makes me depressed. But thinking about a great toy that a kiddo could PLAY with somehow is different. I might have to change my crafting focus.

Show pics, Papa!

be well all,
megin

ps -- doing better over here, finally. waiting to see what happens next in terms of O, AF, etc. Hopefully we can insem before summer. Haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FtMPapa View Post
Indigo - HANG IN THERE!!!!

It ain't over 'til it's over, and it's way too soon to call it early.

AFM - uh, nothing.

I have a new "hope chest" project, though this one is REALLY long term. I started on a project to make felt play food. Part of me wishes I was working on something more "baby" like sewing nappies or something, but I figure by the time my kid is old enough to get into it, I'll have perfected my technique, and I'll have a SWEET stash of play food.

(Items so far - cucumber slice, tea bag, strawberries, cookies, a chocolate bar, an olive with pimento, enough kale, romaine lettuce, spinach, and young leaf lettuce to make a respectable salad, and a cracker.)

Mommy to an amazing 8 year old, wife to an inspiring principal, and welcoming Wylie Grace! Our July 4th babe!
Old 12-31-2008, 12:52 AM

Fingers crossed, Megin, et al.

Pics are here - my bilingual Thé/Tea, which is my big conceptual breakthrough.

The whole thing starts here - this is the food I've made in the past two days.

You can see individual shots of each food if you start here on Flickr and go forward.

I got a bug up my creative butt yesterday at 4:00 PM, and by six, I was home from my first Salvation Army/Joann's/Michael's run and ready to get started.

I've spent ::mumble, mumble:: dollars on felt, thread, pinking shears, fill, etc. I was amazingly low on the basics.

The thing about sewing like this is that you only need a tiny amount of fabric, but you need lots of variety, and a lots of thread, and in a multitude of colours. Plus embroidery floss. Plus yarn or wool would be handy.

I am experimenting with a bunch of cashmere remnants that came in BEAUTIFUL colors, which I'm going to try to felt, they're already a very tight woven, so they should felt easily enough.

SPBC Finally a Papa! Elise Ember Soleil - 10/3/10 - 4:09 AM - 6 lbs 8 oz My daughter eats donor milk! Human milk for human babies!
Old 12-31-2008, 02:51 AM

NEW!

Hi, I'm Elle. TTC with my lovely wife J. We have been trying on and off since July of 2007. This month will be our 8th try. We are using a known donor. I am happy to have found this site and this group because TTC is such an emotional roller coaster, it's nice to have people who are going through the same thing... I don't have anyone IRL that I can really relate to. 3 of my coworkers announced that they were oops pregnant over the past two months and it's just stressful.
But, enough on that. I just wanted to say Hey! and can I please be added to waiting to O!
Old 12-31-2008, 03:30 AM

Welcome, Elle.

Indigo, what papa said...hang in there! Too early still!!

Megin, I hope you are back on track

Papa, love the felt food. Great idea, thanks for sharing!

DearAbby, good luck on Friday!

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
Old 12-31-2008, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starling&diesel View Post
And when you get your BFP, will you consider Epiphany as a name, or some derivation thereof? Fingers crossed and prayers prayed for you ... and some baby juju from your local fairygodmother:
I think that as lovely as the name Epiphany is, naming a baby after a church season when you're a priest is a bit too much pressure (it also eliminates the names: grace, hope, faith, charity, chastity, gloria etc.) I'm not sure what the derivation would be...perhaps after one of the gifts of the wise men? You know, Frank(incense) or Myrr(h)a And, local? Where? And THANK YOU for the baby juju!

FtMPapa--you totally crack me up, I'm jealous of your craftiness (I spend time thinking about the book I'm supposed to be writing and posting on my blog--neither of which the kidlets would play with...hmmm, maybe stacks of unsold books could be used as blocks?). I look forward to seeing your salad mix

And, welcome Elle! I find it helpful to be here too...I can be obsessive about the 2WW without completely over sharing with everyone I know in person. And, I here you about the "oops" folk--when I worked at the hospital it felt like the nurses were getting pregnant just by drinking the water. Best of luck to you!

Two moms and two boys enjoying the truth that love always wins!!!  joy.gifjoy.gifpartners.gif

Old 12-31-2008, 03:54 PM - Thread Starter

welcome elle, i'll add you to waiting to o once i've posted this. i hope your stay here is short and that you'll see that bfp soon.

thanks carmen, we appreciate it!!

afu, i'm off work today. dp has to work but by the wonders of modern science (vpn), she is able to work from home. to add to the mindf**k of this week dp has had some very light spotting today. she usually gets a little pink spotting the day before af but we're on 11dpo and her regular lp is ~15 days. she still has mild cramping. oh and also new this morning a metallic taste in her mouth and tender gums. i did check on the side effects of prometrium again and i couldn't find any articles that said spotting was one of them...but tender gums is.

you know ladies, i completely forgot just how stressful ttc is and i truly take my hat off to those of you who have been at this for such a long time.

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
Old 01-01-2009, 02:35 AM

I find it hilarious that FtMPapa's felted foods are all super-high in folic acid and iron (at least, the non-wool versions are.)

Geek. TTC since 09/2008. M/cs 01/2009, 12/2009. IVF 7/2009, 10/2009, 1/2010.
Old 01-01-2009, 06:02 AM - Thread Starter

happy new year everyone! i've opened the january ttc thread (yes, i'm awake, got paged and then had to wake someone else up and i'm waiting for them to help me fix the issue).

g

User Tag List