Queer TTC December 2008 - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-10-2008, 10:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
thanks papa! this morning dp announced that her right ovary "feels grumpy" so i hope that means the letrozole is doing it's thang. lol! with it being her first cycle on fertility drugs there's always that question mark as to how she will respond. we'll know more after the appt on saturday.

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2008, 04:22 PM - Thread Starter

our swimmers are on their way to the clinic and should arrive tomorrow! this afternoon dp has an acupuncture appt, tomorrow she has a massage and another acupuncture appt on saturday.

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
Old 12-10-2008, 05:02 PM

I'm still waiting patiently over here at 7dpo (or 9dpo). I've started obsessing over symptoms a bit. Breasts are definitely larger, but not sore. Definitely bloated. Definitely tired. Definitely nauseous. But all could definitely be pre-af symptoms. I almost poas this morning but then realized how ridiculous that would be. Waiting until tomorrow makes much more sense.

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
Old 12-10-2008, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmen358 View Post
I'm still waiting patiently over here at 7dpo (or 9dpo). I've started obsessing over symptoms a bit. Breasts are definitely larger, but not sore. Definitely bloated. Definitely tired. Definitely nauseous. But all could definitely be pre-af symptoms. I almost poas this morning but then realized how ridiculous that would be. Waiting until tomorrow makes much more sense.
I'm either 8 or 10 dpo and I have those same symptoms...bloated in a strange shape, large breasts but not sore, nauseous, but not tired. STARVING and nauseous. Very vivid dreams. These are never symptoms of my period.

I'm scared to pee on a stick b/c it didn't show up with my last one until a week after AF was due. Apparently that's not too uncommon, but I don't want a BFN b/c I'll get really sad about it when it might just be too early anyway. But the waiting...ugh...it's just sooo hard.

Partnered mama with DD (01/04) and DD (08/09) and 8 critters, including a !
Old 12-10-2008, 05:50 PM

I am far too impatient to wait until a week after af is due! I admire you

Yes, the waiting is very hard. When I told DP I was testing this weekend, she said "really? is it that time already?" lol I think it's an act to keep me calm so she doesn't have to deal with my "do I look pregnant?" "what do you think?" etc etc questions

Old 12-10-2008, 06:28 PM

Oh, I have been driving DP crazy asking those questions. "Do I look pregnant? See that bump right there...right there?!!" etc. Lol. He just rolls his eyes.

Old 12-10-2008, 06:42 PM

Indigo - I think we will be in the 2ww together! I'm on CD 7 or 8 (Wow - I've actually lost track!) and I expect to O between CD 15 and CD 18.

Interesting - Ihaven't logged in to Fertility Friend in a week, and they gave me a free 3 day preview. I often notice that if I don't log in for a few days, they try to sell me on the membership (which I think is WAY too expensive for what you actually get).

Carmen and Raene - GOOD LUCK!!! Start testing already!!!

We have to make up for November's absymal showing on this thread. I am really hoping I O on time so I get to test in December! And don't miss my insems because of Donor's travel schedule.

SPBC Finally a Papa! Elise Ember Soleil - 10/3/10 - 4:09 AM - 6 lbs 8 oz My daughter eats donor milk! Human milk for human babies!
Old 12-10-2008, 06:51 PM

Good luck to you, Papa!

Old 12-10-2008, 07:01 PM

Hi Again!

Well my update today is that we are still not seeing any smileys. We got another brand of OPK and it also is not showing any positive signs. However, my partner believes her CM is telling her she is going to ovulate soon. Has anyone known they ovulated but not gotten a +OPK? DP is on CD14 today and tested 3 times.

On what CD have you seen a +OPK?

Would you insem w/out seeing a +OPK if you had a hunch you were going to ovulate?

I am leaning towards waiting but DP is afraid we're going to miss the surge and therefore thinks we should inseminate anyway tomorrow, especially due to her CM consistency.

One more thing - last month DP tested on CD 15-18 with no smiley. This month she started on CD 10-14 (today). So we are slightly confused because we assumed we missed it last month and now that we haven't seen it, we are a little worried.

We will inseminate at any rate, it is the timing we are trying to figure out.

Thanks for your help!
Wazz
Old 12-10-2008, 09:23 PM

My OPK usually isn't until day 14/15/16.

And yes, several times I have insem. without seeing a smiley.

Alright, I broke down and bought a preg test. I will take it tomorrow morning...but I think it's still too early yet

Old 12-10-2008, 09:25 PM

Wazz...I highly recommend Vitex...it's a berry that is used to make teas (though you can buy it in tincture or capsule form too). It will put the ovulation date at the same time every month, regulate cycles, and even make people more fertile. Good luck!!

Old 12-10-2008, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazzmum View Post
Would you insem w/out seeing a +OPK if you had a hunch you were going to ovulate?
I think it depends on how strongly you feel the hunch is accurate - I would say yes, I would insem if I felt I was going to O. I have missed my surge on an OPK, insem'd and gotten a BFP! I'm using fresh KD sperm so there is no cost to my 'mistake' so I don't know if that is an issue or not.

Old 12-11-2008, 12:11 AM

Wazzmum-- I don't know how long your DP's cycles are, but I don't get positives until CD 18, 19, 20 even-- and that's on clomid! But of course if she has 28-30 day cycles, then that probably isn't likely.

Katie, DW to Megin, Mamma to Quinn (7y.o.) and Wylie, born 07-04-10
Old 12-11-2008, 10:59 AM - Thread Starter

this morning dp reported both ovaries feeling grumpy, but more so on the right. of course, with her left ovary being so big, it could be referral grumpiness on the right. 2 more days of letrozole and then the u/s!

dp really likes the new acupuncturist she saw yesterday! in addition to her appt on saturday, she also made another one for wednesday which we will cancel if we insem prior to that. she also has a massage set up for wednesday evening.

anyone tempted to test yet??

g

Old 12-11-2008, 12:03 PM

Hi Everyone!

Dp was just inseminated after a +OPK this morning!! It seems so surreal right now! It may be slightly on the early side but we both wanted our doctor to help us and it's a good thing because we didn't have the needle for the syringe. Can anyone tell me how their doc inseminated if you did an ICI insem? Here in Holland we had to go our GP for the insem - we thawed the straw in warm water and she used a needle attached to a syringe to get the sperm out of the straw. She also put the straw inside DP in case there was any extra. There is so little it seems unbelievable that a baby can be made!

Thanks everyone for your ovulation tips! Now we are in the 2ww:
Old 12-11-2008, 12:56 PM

Did someone ask "is anyone tempted to test yet?" Umm yeah!! I broke down and tested this morning with fmu at the very early 8dpo (10dpo). Of course, negative. Very negative. Oh well, it's still early. Am happy to report that breasts are huge and sore this morning! Hopefully not just pre-af.

wazzmum, I'm glad you finally got your smiley face! Congrats on the insem and good luck during the 2ww!!

Raene, how did you go this morning?

Old 12-11-2008, 01:49 PM

Carmen, my DP told me I'd better wait until Monday b/c we really don't want to deal with a false negative...so I'm waiting...but I'm not sure that I can wait that long! Lol. We have a crappy dollar store test so DP is trying to tell me we have to wait until at least the first day of my missed period. Alright, alright...

DP did comment last night on how my breasts were suddenly huge (okay, well, not huge...I'm an A cup, lol). But apparently it's noticeable enough for him to comment which is a good sign, right?

I feel better emotionally.

Is anyone else planning either a homebirth or using HypnoBirthing? I have a great morning sickness script if anyone wants it for later use. I find it pretty helpful.

I've been having so many dreams that I'm not sleeping well. I also have been waking up to pee and waking up nauseous around 3 a.m. so I end up eating some handfuls of nuts and then go back to bed.

Old 12-11-2008, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raene View Post
We have a crappy dollar store test so DP is trying to tell me we have to wait until at least the first day of my missed period. Alright, alright...

Is anyone else planning either a homebirth or using HypnoBirthing? I have a great morning sickness script if anyone wants it for later use. I find it pretty helpful.

I've been having so many dreams that I'm not sleeping well. I also have been waking up to pee and waking up nauseous around 3 a.m. so I end up eating some handfuls of nuts and then go back to bed.
Go see http://peeonastick.com/ - the dollartree tests are THE MOST sensitive according to her. I say 10 DPO is a reaonsable day to start testing! Of course, I'm in favor of testing any time.

I'm planning a home birth! And I've read a bit about hypnobirthing that sounds useful. I don't think there is one system of birth out there for me that is the best, I think it makes sense to do what is useful and to have a lot of options available, because what I know that what I think will work for me in labour is not necessarily what will actually work.

SPBC Finally a Papa! Elise Ember Soleil - 10/3/10 - 4:09 AM - 6 lbs 8 oz My daughter eats donor milk! Human milk for human babies!
Old 12-11-2008, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raene View Post
Carmen, my DP told me I'd better wait until Monday b/c we really don't want to deal with a false negative...so I'm waiting...but I'm not sure that I can wait that long! Lol. We have a crappy dollar store test so DP is trying to tell me we have to wait until at least the first day of my missed period. Alright, alright...

DP did comment last night on how my breasts were suddenly huge (okay, well, not huge...I'm an A cup, lol). But apparently it's noticeable enough for him to comment which is a good sign, right?

I feel better emotionally.

You have a test right there in sight and you still are going to wait to test?! Wow, you do have amazing self control Your symptoms definitely sound 'classic' pregnancy symptoms. So, what day will be test day then?

I will wait until Saturday now to test again. That would be 10dpo (12dpo) and if the later O guess is correct then it may be still too early. I don't feel like I'll have a clear answer until af shows up or I test next week.

I'm undecided about a homebirth. I don't know yet if I'm 100% secure in having one. I like the idea of labouring at home as long as possible but that's about where I'm at. DP is afraid of a homebirth I think but I know she'd come around if I felt more secure.

Old 12-11-2008, 04:59 PM

Thanks, Papa and Carmen...well, now I'm either 13 or 11 DPO...I'm thinking I might test Saturday morning. That way DP will be around too.

I'm planning an unassisted birth b/c of all the reading I've been doing lately. However, I know what you mean, Carmen...with my first birth I didn't feel comfortable with a homebirth at all, so I went to a birthing center. I just feel better doing it ourselves now that I know what to expect.

I'm a HypnoBirthing practitioner, but I'll admit to throwing some other methods into my future labor too. I don't think there's one right way, so it's awesome to know what the different methods are and see what feels right during the birth. You never know how you'll feel or what you'll want at that time.

It's snowing here. I'm going to send everyone some pregnancy snowflakes! Good luck everyone. I will update Saturday.

Old 12-11-2008, 06:38 PM

I'd posted a question but have the answer.

Happy Pregnancy Vibes everyone!!!
Old 12-12-2008, 01:54 PM

Congrats to Wazzum for the recent insemination. :

Raene and Carmen: Good luck with the testing over the next few days. As far as the dollar store tests go... They are pretty much the same thing as the internet cheapies and when we got our BFP on 11 DPO, we first got a "negative" on the IC (30 min later I saw the faintest of lines) and then got a clear BFP on the Answer version of the FRER test. I do believe that the IC showed a BFP the next day but the FRERs were always darker.

smartycatpartners.gif quasar.  Mommies to two boys.
Old 12-12-2008, 02:45 PM

I couldn't wait any longer and we ended up testing last night (I know, I know...but I couldn't wait until the morning). It was neg. I was fine about it at first but today I've been feeling sad about it, even though I know it's early yet, b/c this is what happened with us the last time for quite a while...frequent negatives. I don't think I'll take another test until late next week if AF hasn't shown up.

Anyone know if a blood test is covered by most insurances to test for preg? I'd consider that as I hate the waiting.

Old 12-12-2008, 03:53 PM - Thread Starter

congrats wazzmum! try and enjoy the tww as best you can. i hope you end up with a bfp at the end of it.

raene, sorry about the bfn but going by your past experience perhaps it is still too early. i think everyone's insurance is different as to what they will and won't cover so the best thing to do would be to call and ask.

afu, we are on cd6. dp takes her last dose of letrozole tonight and then tomorrow we find out what her ovaries have been doing! it's exciting and nerve-wracking all at once, i think moreso because i was the one getting pregnant last time and i know what my body felt like and i have to refrain from asking dp a million questions about her ovaries and how she's feeling etc.. it's hard for me to just give up control, you know? but i am working on it.

g

Old 12-12-2008, 09:23 PM

Hi everyone! Fingers crossed for Raene & Carmen & anyone else who's testing now!

I'm full of swimmers! OPKs were giving weird results, so we did 2 ultrasounds. Magical -- the follicle was big & round yesterday, and today there was only a diffuse burst cloud. So I ovulated overnight. We did the IUI today, after the 2nd ultrasound, a day earlier than we would have from OPK. So the timing's perfect, whew. Go little swimmers!

AND: 14 DPO will be Dec 26. OMG, i'll be peeing on a stick on xmas day....

Geek. TTC since 09/2008. M/cs 01/2009, 12/2009. IVF 7/2009, 10/2009, 1/2010.
Old 12-12-2008, 10:35 PM - Thread Starter

good luck astropeep, sounds like you had awesome timing! i've moved you to the 2ww section.

g

Old 12-12-2008, 11:11 PM

Woohoo, Astropeep! That's exciting! Best wishes.

Old 12-13-2008, 01:15 AM

Good luck Astropeep!

I'll be joining you in the 2ww in a few days....

Old 12-13-2008, 02:54 AM

Astropeep, wow, a BFP would be a nice Christmas present Good luck to you!

Raene, sorry about the neg. Were you 11dpo when you tested? That could definitely still be too early.

I will test again in the morning. I will be 10dpo or 12dpo. My lp is usually 12 days. I don't think I've seen a BFP at 10 days in the past. I'm either very pregnant or will be having one heck of an af! I will report back in the morning

Old 12-13-2008, 12:18 PM

Can't wait to hear from you, Carmen! Thinking good thoughts for you!

I think we're not going to test until the 22nd. Is that crazy or what? Well, if AF isn't here by then I'll know for sure that I'm preg b/c I'm usually on time. But the ferns on the Ovulens are still there, so I'm either pregnant or my body's COMPLETELY out of whack. Lol.

I'm getting two pet rats for Christmas to take my mind off the whole thing. I've been really paranoid about DD leaning on my stomach, DP hugging me too tight, etc and I realize I've become too uptight to put up with. I was never like that with the first pregnancy. I guess it's just after MC that one becomes so paranoid/careful.

User Tag List