Sugerson
SGrey
teafor2
baby_baby_mommy
Zyla
Coco99
deny_zoo29
giggleblue's DP
twylightdove (taking a break from the board but continuing ttc)
pleasantlyfurious

Waiting to be Ready
erthe_mama
katharinerose
willowbean
megincl & ktcl
Tireegal
FJKelley
lemurmommies
Miss Scarlett

:GRADUATES:

: December BFPs :
DM630
raene
wazzmum
astropeep

: October BFPs :
JennM1021
lexbeach's DP
QTRANDI

: September BFPs :
Ellie74

: August BFPs :
heart-n-bones
Love My Family

: July BFPs :
giggleblue
pranava
MamaCaveBear
quasar (and DP smartycat)

June BFPs
starling&diesel
PiGirl
Erica12009

April BFPs
tigermiep
MujerMamaMismo
tiggerkong22
simcon
2happymamas

March BFP
JenInMpls
mahrens77

January BFP
cookie70

December BFP
Scalpel

November BFP
mamimapster
AngelaM
solejean
lmh222

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
#2 of 281 Old 12-01-2008, 11:21 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
subbing

May December be the BFP-fest everyone's been waiting for!

Lex

Mindfully mothering SIX kids (ages 4, 5, 7, 8, 11 & 11) in a small house with a lot of love.
#3 of 281 Old 12-01-2008, 11:32 AM

December is gonna be it, peoples! November was a sad, sad month for the BFPs (or lack thereof).

I do not have the first BFP of December. I did the ol' dollar store cheapie this morning, and it made me cranky, the whole screen got blurry and cloudy and sort of pink and weird all over, so I gave up and gave the big fancy digital a dip. I hate seeing that Not Pregnant.

Still not bleeding, though, so that's a good sign, right?

CD 13....so I think I'm out of the woods as far my luteal phase goes. Let's hear it for Vitex, EPO, and B complex! (And the ume plum balls, though looking at my pill box this week, it seems like I get one dose every day, two doses on a good day, and most days I forget to take the third.)

And the zit - because I know Erthe Mama is dying to know - is just a painful cystic lil' thing, and it's not going anywhere.

So, December - let's bring it, people!

SPBC Finally a Papa! Elise Ember Soleil - 10/3/10 - 4:09 AM - 6 lbs 8 oz My daughter eats donor milk! Human milk for human babies!
#4 of 281 Old 12-01-2008, 12:28 PM

Please add me to the waiting to know section...I'm ovulating right now, and we started insemination yesterday. My cycle is finally back to normal thanks to Vitex and Raspberry Leaf teas after I miscarried a few months ago.

Partnered mama with DD (01/04) and DD (08/09) and 8 critters, including a !
#5 of 281 Old 12-01-2008, 02:20 PM

Today is like the longest day of ever. I cannot focus, I cannot wait to go to sleep and test again tomorrow.

Of course, I have plenty of work to do, no shortage of things to get done, but I do not want to do anything except troll the internetz!

Off to therapy, back in a while.

ARGH!!!!

Is anyone else going stir-crazy???

SPBC Finally a Papa! Elise Ember Soleil - 10/3/10 - 4:09 AM - 6 lbs 8 oz My daughter eats donor milk! Human milk for human babies!
#6 of 281 Old 12-01-2008, 03:19 PM - Thread Starter

: woohoo! the clinic just got back to us and dp's labs for dheas, testosterone and andro-whatsit all came back normal. ha! i have asked for a copy of the results just cause i'm anal like that.

so, what does that mean? it means we are cleared to ttc in december just as soon as dp's af arrives!!! :

one slight bummer - our acupuncturist is out for the next 2 weeks so we are scrambling to set up some appts with the clinic acupuncturist.

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
#7 of 281 Old 12-01-2008, 04:43 PM

Woo-hoo, Indigo! :::

#8 of 281 Old 12-01-2008, 09:02 PM

Happy December, everyone! I hope it's a lucky month!

FtMPapa -- how funny would it be, if the one time you *don't* think you're pregnant, you really are? My fingers are crossed that you'll get a BFP.

Fozzie & I are back from the midwest. At least the last loooong cycle meant I had AF, not O, during Thanksgiving travel. Whew. Sooo ready to try again (in a week or so). Specially because, "My wife is pregnant" would be the best excuse ever to get my gal out of jury duty in January!

Geek. TTC since 09/2008. M/cs 01/2009, 12/2009. IVF 7/2009, 10/2009, 1/2010.
#9 of 281 Old 12-01-2008, 09:41 PM

Indigo- that is great news!

Papa- I still have my fingers crossed that this is your month.

So it has been 7 days since the IUI and really I have no symptoms. Yesterday I felt these strange pangs .. not really a cramp but kinda a tugging feeling. Other than that nothing. Is no symptoms a symptom??? I had bloodwork today to check my progesterone level and I should have the results tomorrow.

Loving wife to Kate. So in love with Amelia. Born August 14, 2009
#10 of 281 Old 12-01-2008, 10:19 PM

We are back here, with heavy heart. Please remove us from the BFPs and put us on waiting to be ready.

Right now we are waiting for the miscarriage to actually take place. Then we'll be waiting to figure out what is next. So lots of waiting in our future. Much too much, as far as I'm concerned given that we've been waiting over two years to get a pregnancy that sticks. (oooh, I see that I'm a bit bitter at this moment. Please forgive)

be well,
megin

Mommy to an amazing 8 year old, wife to an inspiring principal, and welcoming Wylie Grace! Our July 4th babe!
#11 of 281 Old 12-01-2008, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigoscot View Post
: woohoo! the clinic just got back to us and dp's labs for dheas, testosterone and andro-whatsit all came back normal. ha! i have asked for a copy of the results just cause i'm anal like that.

so, what does that mean? it means we are cleared to ttc in december just as soon as dp's af arrives!!! :

g
Great news

KD is dropping by tonight! My temp is still down and still some ewcm today so we should have the timing right on. Hope to be joining the 2WW soon!

Good luck with POAS tomorrow, papa!!

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#12 of 281 Old 12-01-2008, 10:54 PM

GL Carmen!

Megin - so sorry to see you back here. I didn't want to post on the other thread, but now that you're back here,

I hope that health and healing return to your family soon.

#13 of 281 Old 12-01-2008, 11:02 PM - Thread Starter

thanks everyone! i'm trying to stay somewhat calm about the whole thing. luckily dp is completely blase, lol! we're taking a day off work on friday to get the remainder of the xmas shopping done so that won't be a stress factor.

let's see some december bfps around here!

g

#14 of 281 Old 12-01-2008, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by megincl View Post
We are back here, with heavy heart. Please remove us from the BFPs and put us on waiting to be ready.

Right now we are waiting for the miscarriage to actually take place. Then we'll be waiting to figure out what is next. So lots of waiting in our future. Much too much, as far as I'm concerned given that we've been waiting over two years to get a pregnancy that sticks. (oooh, I see that I'm a bit bitter at this moment. Please forgive)

be well,
megin
I'm sorry megin, I didn't see your post when I posted earlier. I'm very sorry for your loss No need to ask forgiveness for bitterness...it's very acceptable given what you're going through. I wish you both a speedy recovery in every way.

#15 of 281 Old 12-02-2008, 01:40 AM

Even though this is just a toss away try go ahead and move me to waiting to know. I think I popped an egg today and the goods arrive tomorrow morning. :s:: Stranger things have happened I suppose.

Queer poly family trying since October 2006. Currently using a known donor and no medical interventions.
#16 of 281 Old 12-02-2008, 11:44 AM

Yona - I'm hoping for strangeness! (You could pop two eggs, right?)

Still BFN this morning, 14 DPO, but still not bleeding...which makes it my longest LP in the past three.

Time to stock up on more tests, I burned through a whole bunch yesterday...dollar tree and I are having a love/hate relationship!

#17 of 281 Old 12-02-2008, 11:55 AM

Sorry about the BFN, papa But I guess the long LP is at least some reason to celebrate!

We insem'd last night and my temp went up a bit this morning. However, that happened last try and it was just an atypical temp (which Lex caught as atypical ). So, will insem again tonight just to be sure and wait and see what happens on Wednesday.

It was my birthday yesterday so it would be nice to have conceived on that day

#18 of 281 Old 12-02-2008, 12:58 PM

Megin, so sorry to see the news, no need for apologies for bitterness. Take good care of yourselves...whatever that means for all of you.

Good luck to all those in the "wait" who are obsessing over the varied nuances of being hyper aware of one's body. I have googled "early pregnancy symptoms" almost daily since we tried 9 days ago. So far, I have diagnosed myself with bigger breasts (okay, I usually have those before AF--but they seem even more swollen than usual), need to pee (which may be due to the massive amounts of tea I've been drinking in this cold weather), and moodiness (which could be attributed to the way I am most of the time ) I am worried that we tried with fresh a day or so too early (CM didn't really start until the day after) but I'm trying to reassure myself with the knowledge that the fresh goods last longer than frozen )

I am going to a conference tomorrow and will not test until Monday (unless I get AF). But ack! This is driving me nuts!

Two moms and two boys enjoying the truth that love always wins!!!  joy.gifjoy.gifpartners.gif

#19 of 281 Old 12-02-2008, 01:02 PM

Megin - I am so so sorry. Go ahead and be as bitter as you like. I'm certainly still bitter.

Still madly in stillheart.gif with jb after 10 years and chasing after my precocious toddler jog.gif    

***joy.gif***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***40    computergeek2.gif westphillymama.com

#20 of 281 Old 12-02-2008, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishin'&hopin' View Post
I am worried that we tried with fresh a day or so too early (CM didn't really start until the day after) but I'm trying to reassure myself with the knowledge that the fresh goods last longer than frozen )
I insem'd with fresh 2 days before O and got a BFP on our last try!....f/x for you!

#21 of 281 Old 12-02-2008, 03:06 PM

I got the results of my progesterone test. My level was only 5..They want it to be at least 10. I am going to start taking progesterone supplements tonight to help compensate. The Dr. is baffelled. They said that my cycle looked good so they don't know why my levels are so low. It makes me sad that maybe this cycle didn't work

#22 of 281 Old 12-02-2008, 05:56 PM

Oh noes! I have the very beginnings of what might be kind of greyish spotting...which I often get 24 hours before I start bleeding.

Still, even if it is the end of this try for me, I did have a 14 day LP, so that's a good thing.

I stocked up on tests this afternoon, and the cashier at DollarTree was like "They really work!" and pointed to her little but growing baby bump. That's gotta be good luck, if not for this month, then for next.

#23 of 281 Old 12-02-2008, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DM630 View Post
I got the results of my progesterone test. My level was only 5..They want it to be at least 10. I am going to start taking progesterone supplements tonight to help compensate. The Dr. is baffelled. They said that my cycle looked good so they don't know why my levels are so low. It makes me sad that maybe this cycle didn't work
Sorry to hear that. Was this the first time you've had your progesterone tested? Does just one number tell the complete story? Or is it like hcg and they have to test twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FtMPapa View Post
Oh noes! I have the very beginnings of what might be kind of greyish spotting...which I often get 24 hours before I start bleeding.

Still, even if it is the end of this try for me, I did have a 14 day LP, so that's a good thing.

I stocked up on tests this afternoon, and the cashier at DollarTree was like "They really work!" and pointed to her little but growing baby bump. That's gotta be good luck, if not for this month, then for next.
Sorry.

lol at the cashier..yes, that has to be luck!

#24 of 281 Old 12-02-2008, 06:21 PM

Quote:
And the zit - because I know Erthe Mama is dying to know - is just a painful cystic lil' thing, and it's not going anywhere.
You're right... I was waiting and waiting for the news on that "zit". lol Sorry to hear about you BFN though. Are you going to test again tomorrow just in case?

Megin, I'm so sorry to see the news.

placenta.gifeat.gif I'm a queer / trans-activist / poly / pagan / (dis)abled  / crazy / crunchy partner to fsonj; we're mamas to our unschooled/freeskooled 10yo, and co-breastfeed our sprightly toddler love.gif born Nov '10! (Ask me about how to supplement at the breast!)

#25 of 281 Old 12-02-2008, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erthe_mama View Post
You're right... I was waiting and waiting for the news on that "zit". lol Sorry to hear about you BFN though. Are you going to test again tomorrow just in case?
It ain't over 'til I'm bleeding. A little grey spot that I wouldn't have even seen if I wasn't checking for it does not count. And you know I'll update soon as I can.

Does anyone else get so preoccupied with TTC that they FORGET STUFF?

Like, I was supposed to stay in my office working until 4 and then return until whenever I was ready to collapse, but my two officemates had the same idea, so I blew home before 3:00, completely forgetting my 4 pm appointment, and I forgot to pick up my book order at the library, and now I'm home "working" with no books...and some people feeling stood up, because there's no way they got my e-mail in time, and I have zero desire to actually work. Though I am, once I get my butt off MDC.

I am such a flake! I even had all this stuff on my calendar - and I'm going to go back to campus to get the books, later, like when my work here is finished for the night.

#26 of 281 Old 12-02-2008, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmen358 View Post
Sorry to hear that. Was this the first time you've had your progesterone tested? Does just one number tell the complete story? Or is it like hcg and they have to test twice?

They test one week after ovulation to test and see how strong the ovulation was. When the level returns to 0 AF starts.

I was able to talk to the nurse again and she was able to calm my fears. She told me not to give up hope and that it doesn't mean that the IUI didn't work, it just shows that my body may not produce enough progesterone on its own. I am now doing progesterone suppositories twice a day ...fun fun... Unfortunately a side effect of the progesterone is that it will make me feel like I am pregnant. I will have symptoms and won't know if it is meds or the real thing. That is enough to make you crazy.

About an hour and a half after I talked to the nurse the first time, I got to meet with my supervisor for my annual review..At that point I was really not in the mood and pretending that all was ok. Well I got my review bonus and the amount is equal to what we are paying for sperm. I had been concerned before that if this cycle didn't work I would not know when we would have the money to try again, now I do. DP feels that this was a sign. So we either have money for the next cycle or extra money for baby stuff. I am hoping that it is money for baby stuff.

#27 of 281 Old 12-03-2008, 12:18 AM

Quote:
It ain't over 'til I'm bleeding. A little grey spot that I wouldn't have even seen if I wasn't checking for it does not count. And you know I'll update soon as I can.

Does anyone else get so preoccupied with TTC that they FORGET STUFF?
W00t! Lookin forward to updates as always.

Umm... I'm like that without being preoccupied with ttc. I'm usually saved by the fact that my bbp has an events calendar and makes a beep-y sound whenever I have something coming up. Sounds like you could use one. On the other hand, my dp loathes my alarm sound on it. It sounds like a gong. I think it's serene, and she always dreams of someone banging on a gong and wakes up ready to kill them. I should probably change it... heehee

So, weird news: my cycles which generally average 90 days have now (kind of) shortened to 22. At least temporarily. I had some spotting and a light period on day 22. That is so unusual for me... wonder what's going on? I also went to have my blood tested today for wonky hormones. Yay. At least the lab technician was a good one. I hardly felt the needle... some of those people just butcher my arms. Ugh.

placenta.gifeat.gif I'm a queer / trans-activist / poly / pagan / (dis)abled  / crazy / crunchy partner to fsonj; we're mamas to our unschooled/freeskooled 10yo, and co-breastfeed our sprightly toddler love.gif born Nov '10! (Ask me about how to supplement at the breast!)

#28 of 281 Old 12-03-2008, 12:32 AM

Insem #2 complete

If temp stays up tomorrow and Thursday we're done and with pretty good timing I think! If temp drops before or on Thursday we will also insem Thursday night. And hopefully that's it for this cycle.

Bring on the 2WW!

5 minutes after insem'ing last night I intensely craved a veggie dog with sauerkraut...I took that as a good sign

#29 of 281 Old 12-03-2008, 10:05 AM - Thread Starter

DM, sorry about the progesterone level. did your doc give you an u/s to see if the follicle(s) actually ruptured? that's often a good sign that ovulation happened and was good. i've also heard of clinics doing an e2 check before ovulation which can indicate if the follicle contains a mature egg.

hopefully you did have a good follicle and your corpus luteum is just not producing a lot of progesterone. if that's the case, the supplements will definitely help. are you taking them orally or vaginally?

carmen, yay, glad you are in the 2ww again!

papa, like you said, it ain't over til af is really here! fx that you'll get a bfp this morning.

and good luck to all the others in the dreaded 2ww.

afu, still waiting patiently for dp's af to arrive. thankfully she was able to get a couple of acupuncture appts lined up with our alternate acupuncturist prior to what i estimate to be insem week.

g

#30 of 281 Old 12-03-2008, 11:01 AM

When do you guys usually start taking preg tests...how many days after O?

Okay, a question for all of you using fresh sperm...we go to a friend's house, her husband goes upstairs, does his thing, and brings us back our sterile container. Then we go upstairs (they let us use their guest room b/c we live so far away) and we do our thing. However, the ejac is never hot/warm...it always feels sort of cold going in. How could it be cold already if he's just ejac'd less than 5 minutes before? I'm not talking cold cold, but its' just not very warm/hot. Normal?

Partnered mama with DD (01/04) and DD (08/09) and 8 critters, including a !

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page