Dating questions..... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 12-05-2008, 09:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I know this isn't directly parenting related, but I need some advice. I feel like I'm ready to start dating again and I have no idea where to meet other lesbians. I am a single mom and have been out of the dating world for a couple of years. Any advice on where to meet an earthy girl?

Cheers,

MoonMama
#2 of 7 Old 12-06-2008, 04:44 PM

hey, moonmama. Where are you? Big city, small town, rural area? It's always a challenge to figure out where to meet good people -- my wife and I met through an online personals service.

Waldorf-teaching mama to A (12/08), wife to my sweet wife M , and sharing a home with a dog , four cats , five turtles, a fish, and a crab.
#3 of 7 Old 12-06-2008, 08:59 PM
kjm

I've had good luck on Craig'slist
I actually have my third date with my latest CL lady in a few minutes
eeek

11/24/08 SMBC with a loving LTR DP in a Queer & Poly relationshiploving my new baby Kale Cqolbi Justice!!!!!
#4 of 7 Old 12-08-2008, 07:50 PM

Yeah, are you in a big city? My DW and I met on Craigslist. I like that you can "meet" through emails and get to know each other a bit first before meeting in person.

Beth- WOHM slinggirl.gif  -Madly in love with my Wife- SAHMhola.gifandbabyf.gifSophia, born 11/2/10, at home! homebirth.jpgExpressing love, one ounce at a time!  1pump.gif

#5 of 7 Old 12-17-2008, 09:34 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I met my gf at a local Pride festival. I would find out what the local scene is and start attending events... providing that your area has a scene. I could not imagine meeting someone in my area through the internet... pretty much everyone knows everyone else through the college and through the local Pride organization!

coffee-drinking caffix.gifsocial worker in HIV/AIDS ribbonred.giflady-loving ribbonrainbow.gifbike-riding bikenew.gifmom of two twins.gif
#6 of 7 Old 01-09-2009, 01:49 PM

I have the same issues..It is hard to know where to go to meet women....I wont do the bar thing...no money...and starts too late hahaha.....craigs list worries me here bc there are a lot of creepies who lie...but good luck to you and me and all others excited to meet others...
#7 of 7 Old 01-09-2009, 02:03 PM

I met my partner through a mutual friend. I've met some friends through Craigslist. I emailed with them for a number of months before I met them face to face and I set up an email address for just that reason. It had none of my personal information attached to it. I posted the ad on Craigslist saying I was newly out in my town and was looking for some lesbian friends, etc. It worked really well. Do you know any other glbt people in your town? Ask them if you can join them next time they are getting together with friends. I expanded my social network pretty quickly just by meeting other people my 2 friends knew. Good luck!

Me and DP, No children yet, but we plan on having kids someday. I'm trying to lose weight and get fit. Ask if I've done my push-ups this week.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page