Queer and Pregnant Dec., Jan., Feb. - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-22-2008, 11:12 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
mmm, big congratulations and welcome to the world sebastian! i'm so glad his birth happened the way you wanted it to! he is a huge boy, make sure you have plenty of 3-6 months clothes, if he's anything like our son the 0-3 month stuff won't last long.

happy babymoon! : :

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2008, 11:14 AM

Congrats MMM....and welcome Sebastian Felix!!!!!!!!! :::

DS Alexander Joseph born 6/29/09
Old 12-22-2008, 12:07 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Yeah!! : Congrats MMM!!! I can't wait to see pictures.

Happy Birthday Sebastian!
:

Life is strange and wonderful.  Me read.gif, DP lady.gif, DS (3/09) blahblah.gif , 3 dog2.gif  and 4 cat.gif

Old 12-22-2008, 12:44 PM

Yay!! COngrats MMM!! Welcome Seabstian Feliex!!! : : :
Old 12-22-2008, 01:49 PM

A Winter Solstice Baby! How Wonderful!

Congratulations to MMM and Welcome to Sebastian Felix! (Love the name!).

Lex

Mindfully mothering SIX kids (ages 5, 6, 8, 9, 11 & 11) in a small house with a lot of love.
Old 12-22-2008, 01:52 PM

Congratulations, MMM--I haven't read the blog yet, but I'm so glad you managed to avoid interventions and have the birth where you wanted it to be! And I love the name too--welcome Sebastian!
Old 12-22-2008, 03:33 PM

I just wanted to let everyone know that we are going to be induced this evening. We went in for a regular appointment and her amniotic fluid index was low. Given the fluid level and the fact that the placenta got a little worse last week, the OB said she thinks it is time to induce.

I am nervous, excited, scared, happy, and eager to finally see our daughter. This is not at all how I wanted it to go down, but it is what it is. The important thing is having a healthy child...that's what I keep telling myself.
Old 12-22-2008, 03:42 PM - Thread Starter

Good luck 2happymammas!! I hope everything goes smoothly. You will be in my thoughts. Here are some easy delivery vibes :

Life is strange and wonderful.  Me read.gif, DP lady.gif, DS (3/09) blahblah.gif , 3 dog2.gif  and 4 cat.gif

Old 12-22-2008, 04:27 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Welcome to the world, baby Sebastian!!!:

and 2happymamas...you've got a strong, queer posse scattered around the world, all sending you and your little one the hardiest and heartiest labour and delivery vibes ... we can't wait to meet wee Coco either!!!

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
Old 12-22-2008, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2happymamas View Post
I am nervous, excited, scared, happy, and eager to finally see our daughter. This is not at all how I wanted it to go down, but it is what it is. The important thing is having a healthy child...that's what I keep telling myself.
I hope all goes well with your induction tonight, 2happymamas! I was induced for our daughter's birth, and though it was also not ideal, it all worked out just fine--I hope your body responds well to the meds!!

Today is our due date--who knows, maybe we'll have our lo today too (not looking too likely at this point, but you never know!)
Old 12-22-2008, 05:03 PM

Know what really makes me giggle? Today is the 13th anniversary of the day I lost my virginity! Since they are inducing this evening, hopefully she'll be born tomorrow.

....I am not sure I will share the coincidence with DW!
Old 12-22-2008, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Know what really makes me giggle? Today is the 13th anniversary of the day I lost my virginity! Since they are inducing this evening, hopefully she'll be born tomorrow.

Hee hee!

Good luck! I hope that everything goes great and that you're soon holding Coco in your arms.

lemurmommies, loving wife to ruvalokiteshvara, proud moms to our intact son E (12/06), and mourning the loss of our daughter Noelle (stillborn 12/08).
Old 12-22-2008, 05:37 PM

2hm: wishing you a satisfying and wholly positive birth experience!!

MMM: : way to stick to your guns!! Congrats!!

: mama to T 9/04 and E 11/08
Old 12-22-2008, 05:40 PM

2HM...good luck for a smooth, safe and healthy birth!!! We can't wait to hear how precious little Coco is!!!

DS Alexander Joseph born 6/29/09
Old 12-22-2008, 05:42 PM

Many blessings on your induction tonight 2HM!! I hope all goes smoothly and beautifully.
Old 12-22-2008, 06:26 PM

Quote:

The day I lost my virginity was certainly not memorable enough to mark on any calendar.

I hope your induction goes well and CoCo's birth is otherwise uneventful.

And MMM... CONGRATS!! And welcome little Sebastian! That was a big baby and you are one awesome mama!

AAU: Our basement flooded last night. Stupid sump pump. But it got us out of having to spend xmas with my family. So there is a silver lining.

smartycatpartners.gif quasar.  Mommies to two boys.
Old 12-22-2008, 11:15 PM

Good luck, 2HappyMamas!!!

A, partner to J, mama to O, now with a new username!

Building queer family since 2008!

(and oh, did i mention we're having twins?!?)

Old 12-23-2008, 12:45 AM

congratulations, MMM!!!: welcome Sebastian!

best of luck, 2happymamas!

thank you for all the admiration of my adorable son. I have to admit, I think he's awfully pretty...

Waldorf-teaching mama to A (12/08), wife to my sweet wife M , and sharing a home with a dog , four cats , five turtles, a fish, and a crab.
Old 12-23-2008, 04:44 AM

What an exciting time here on the board!! Congratulations MMM and welcome baby Sebastian! ::

My thoughts are with you 2happymamas! I can't wait to hear how everything turns out and you're holding your little bundle of love. :

Simcon, I didn't realize you were so close, too! Wow! Can't wait to see how things progress for you here in the upcoming days.

Our little guy has been doing some acrobatics recently. He's moving around a lot more, especially at night. He also is usually stimulated when I eat apples. So, of course, I'm eating lots of them.

I go in for another check-up tomorrow. My skin has been really bothering me lately and I'm hoping she might have some suggestions for me. There's really only one thing that I've found to be beneficial in the past with my eczema, and I'm reluctant to use it because it has a steroid in it. But I'm scratching so much that I'm in danger of causing my skin to ulcerate and become infected... I knew winter would be tough to get through with my eczema, but this is out of control. My whole neck is red, and I've been losing sleep because I wake up myself by scratching. :

Loving partner to smartycat  ribbonrainbow.gif  . Enjoying life with our DS's- 4/5/09 and 10/29/10 love.gif!  Moms to three dogs and four cats.
Old 12-23-2008, 11:58 AM

Quasar - So sorry about the itchiness. I hope you are able to find a non-steroidal way to get it under control.

I'm doing well. Baby is also doing acrobatics these days. It's kinda fun! My biggest complaint is that my hands and arms keep falling asleep in the night. I wake up and one hand or the other just feels like dead meat hanging on the end of my arm. I think I have carpal tunnel, so I'll talk to the doc about at my appointment next week.
Old 12-23-2008, 12:31 PM

Thanks so much for the good wishes, quasar! I really appreciate it! Good luck with the itchies--ugh.

And heart-n-bones, good luck with the carpal tunnel--I've just started getting that too in the past couple of weeks, and haven't done anything about it (this baby should come out soon!) but have heard that for some people, sleeping with a brace can be helpful.

So my due date came and went yesterday, and no baby, and here I am at work (just about to get back to work!), hoping for no dramatic breaking of my bag of waters (but I certainly wouldn't mind some steadily intensifying contractions!). It's been a bit chaotic around here--we've had to leave our apartment twice in the past week and a half because of the weather (once for 4 days when we had no power, heat, or water), and this morning I woke up to no water, so that doesn't bode well for tonight either. Ugh. It certainly makes nesting tough. But hopefully he'll come soon, and hopefully everything will work at that point...
Old 12-23-2008, 10:46 PM

After finding out the amniotic fluid was low yesterday morning, we checked into the hospital last night for a trial induction. Given that my cervix was not dilated or effaced at all, the OB wanted to try to ripen my cervix with cervidil. They inserted it last night, left it in for 12 hours, took it out this morning, and found I was still not dilated or effaced. I was having small contractions that did not hurt at all....I could feel a small amount of tightening, but really we could tell from the monitor I was having them.

They started pitocin this morning at 9:00....started with 2 and upped the dose by 2 every 30 minutes until I was getting 20 units. OB said she really did not think I would have Coco, but wanted to see how the baby would tolerate the labor. I continued to have painless contractions all day and the baby tolerated them perfectly. Her heartrate was excellent. At 4:30, the OB said I could come off the pitocin drip and go home. I was confused that she was telling me to go home with the concern over the amniotic fluid level and she said that while it was low, the baby did very well tolerating labor. She did well enough that the OB was not concerned about the low level because of how well she did over the 22 hours (oxytocin challenge test).

I go back to the OB Friday afternoon. The HB MW we saw prior to the placenta problems wants me to try to a more natural induction prior to the appointment with the OB on Friday.....I am relatively sure the OB will want us to induce again Friday or Saturday. The OB wants to deliver before the due date due to some of the concerns, but did not want to push things too fast today. She said she hoped that the cervidil and pitocin would prompt my body to go into labor on its own within the next few days.

What do you all know about blue and black cohosh, castor oil, and birth root? Those items are part of the protocol the MW wants me to try prior to appointment with OB on Friday.
Old 12-24-2008, 02:27 AM

cohoshes are fairly standard labor induction techniques.

Might also want to consider acupuncture.

I would personally not recommend castor oil, and here's why: I am nearly certain I went into labor because I had a gastrointestinal bug that gave me diarrhea. There is a strong connection between intestinal contractions and uterine contractions, which is why castor oil works, but it depletes your body of any fuel it had. It totally empties you out... and imagine how you feel after having diarrhea. I for one feel totally wiped, and that's how I felt going into my very long labor. I ran on fumes for a long time. However, if it's your last option for a natural induction, I guess it's worth considering... but check whether they'll let you eat while you're in labor so you can build your stores back up.

Old 12-24-2008, 03:58 AM - Thread Starter

2happymamas - I'm glad little Coco did so well and the whole process was pain free. Maybe your body will take the hint and start labor on it's own :

Old 12-24-2008, 10:19 AM

2HM - don't know anything about cohosh, castor oil, or birth root, just wanted to send you good wishes for your labor to start naturally and for Coco to continue to tolerate everything well. A co-worker of mine just went through the whole low amniotic fluid thing. She delivered her baby two days ago and baby did great and came out healthy and strong!
Old 12-24-2008, 12:07 PM

I had a moment of panic yesterday..sorry for any TMI. Yesterday I noticed some spotting on the toilet paper. It was really all brown, not really any pink at all and defiantly no red, so it is old blood. I called the doctor just in case. They are not too concerned right now, as long as it doesn't turn bright red and I don't have any cramps. I am feeling really good and trying to continue to be positive, it just can be so scary. The amount of discharge seems to have decreased today. From what I have read it is within the range of normal.The doctor told me that I can come in on Friday for my u/s instead of waiting until Monday.
Anyone else experience this early on in their pregnancy?

Loving wife to Kate. So in love with Amelia. Born August 14, 2009
Old 12-24-2008, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DM630 View Post
I had a moment of panic yesterday..sorry for any TMI. Yesterday I noticed some spotting on the toilet paper.
I'm almost hesitant to post here--feeling like my posts are invisible!--but to reassure you, I had tons of spotting with my first baby, and all was perfectly fine. There's a big thread about 1st tri spotting that resolved well in the main pregnancy forum here on mothering--you may want to check it out for more good stories.

Good luck--I know it can be scary!
Old 12-24-2008, 02:54 PM

simcon I'm thinking good baby welcoming thoughts for you and hoping you don't go too much longer!

DM630 it happened to me too, was just a touchy cervix, no big deal but if it bugs you then do move your US up b/c it's better to be relieved than worried!

Old 12-24-2008, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DM630 View Post
I had a moment of panic yesterday..sorry for any TMI. Yesterday I noticed some spotting on the toilet paper. It was really all brown, not really any pink at all and defiantly no red, so it is old blood. I called the doctor just in case. They are not too concerned right now, as long as it doesn't turn bright red and I don't have any cramps. I am feeling really good and trying to continue to be positive, it just can be so scary. The amount of discharge seems to have decreased today. From what I have read it is within the range of normal.The doctor told me that I can come in on Friday for my u/s instead of waiting until Monday.
From what I've read it just sounds like typical spotting...it sounds like the right time for you, too...at least according to the babycenter timeline, which I'm addicted to. Think positively I'm sure you are fine. Apparently 1 in 4 have spotting.

Partnered mama with DD (01/04) and DD (08/09) and 8 critters, including a !
Old 12-24-2008, 03:12 PM

Simcon and JenInMpls Thank you for the reassurance. I am trying not to be a crazy paranoid mother to be.

Simcon any changes? Hope your baby comes soon. Sending you positive energy!

Loving wife to Kate. So in love with Amelia. Born August 14, 2009

User Tag List