Queer TTC January 2009 - Page 7 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#181 of 203 Old 01-28-2009, 10:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
: Hooray Megin and Katie! :

Lex

Mindfully mothering SIX kids (ages 4, 5, 7, 8, 11 & 11) in a small house with a lot of love.
#182 of 203 Old 01-28-2009, 11:14 PM - Thread Starter

pf good luck in your tww!!!!!

megin and katie, yay!!!!

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
#183 of 203 Old 01-29-2009, 03:24 AM

pleasantlyfurious, good luck in the 2WW, hope you get a bfp before you jet off to Korea!

megin and katie, glad things are moving along again

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#184 of 203 Old 01-29-2009, 12:54 PM

pleasantlyfurious Here's to a BFP before the plane trip - those bathrooms are small enough without trying to POAS in them!

megin and katie Welcome back. I hope your stay is short.

So I'll be picking up our tank this afternoon. I'm just hoping that a) I don't get lost, as I've never been there before, and b) that parking won't be too bad. I don't know if there's a lot, or street parking or what, and we of course had more snow/ice yesterday.: Had a moment of panic this morning when I couldn't find my wallet, then remembered that I'd pulled it out at work and, yep, it was sitting on my desk when I got in.

Living with my DW, ourcat.gifAstrid, my mom and dad, and their dog and cats, too.  Hoping to start TTC with my OSO as baby-daddy soonish!

#185 of 203 Old 01-29-2009, 02:33 PM

OK well I was right....the hag showed up at my door after I stopped the prometrium last night so you can add me back to the waiting to ovulate list again....good news it we found another donor who is CMV negative and looks like a cute blondie like DP so we are moving forward with high hopes!

: DD 8/29/08 and twin boys 11/3/09
#186 of 203 Old 01-29-2009, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katharinerose View Post

So I'll be picking up our tank this afternoon. I'm just hoping that a) I don't get lost, as I've never been there before, and b) that parking won't be too bad. I don't know if there's a lot, or street parking or what, and we of course had more snow/ice yesterday.: Had a moment of panic this morning when I couldn't find my wallet, then remembered that I'd pulled it out at work and, yep, it was sitting on my desk when I got in.
Are you using NECC? They are not to hard to find. I drove by it the first time because I missed the number. They also have their own parking lot. Good Luck

Loving wife to Kate. So in love with Amelia. Born August 14, 2009
#187 of 203 Old 01-29-2009, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalpel View Post
OK well I was right....the hag showed up at my door after I stopped the prometrium last night so you can add me back to the waiting to ovulate list again....good news it we found another donor who is CMV negative and looks like a cute blondie like DP so we are moving forward with high hopes!
Sorry to hear it didn't work. Hopefully things will work out with the new cute blondie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DM630 View Post
Are you using NECC? They are not to hard to find. I drove by it the first time because I missed the number. They also have their own parking lot. Good Luck
Yes, we are. Good to hear they have a lot. I've got my google directions, and they look fairly straight forward. I'm kinda annoyed that DW isn't coming, too, but she has a class at the time she scheduled for the pick up. : Maybe I'll make her return the tank...

Living with my DW, ourcat.gifAstrid, my mom and dad, and their dog and cats, too.  Hoping to start TTC with my OSO as baby-daddy soonish!

#188 of 203 Old 01-29-2009, 04:13 PM

I need some guidance....I always have 3 days of ewcm before O'ing. It always follows the same pattern in terms of consistency, look, etc. I've never had ewcm at any other time of my cycle (I've been charting for 14 months now) other than the cycle after my first m/c. I normally O around cd17-21. Today is cd12 and for the past 2 days I've had ew(like)cm. I am very confused as I have never O'd on cd14. I think I had one month where I O'd on CD15 but that was the only time in 14 months! What is odd though is that the cm is quite different than what I have consistently seen every month (different colour, not nearly as much)...although it does in fact resemble ew. I guess I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience or guidance on whether my cycles could just suddenly change. I haven't changed diet/supplements/herbs at all....I am at work today and didn't bring any opks with me but I'm wondering if it's worth running out at lunch and getting some and testing.....???

#189 of 203 Old 01-29-2009, 05:03 PM

I sometimes get a bit of EW(like)CM, but not a lot, and then it goes away. This cycle, I had it a full week, if not more, before I got real CM.

I count on getting better prediction from CM than from OPKs for fresh. I figure CM means there's a chance, or at least my body thinks there is, and OPKs means that a little plastic stick thinks there is.

I figure a good OPK with no CM is a bad sign, but the other way around means you might have just missed the surge, either by following the directions and only testing one OPK per day, or by just not having them work for you - too hydrated, whatever.

My vote - start OPKs if you feel like it, but don't be surprised if the CM totally goes away for a few days and then comes back when it's actually time to O.

As for me. . .my CM and OPK have actually lined up, I think.

I peaked CM output a couple of days ago, but I'm still a little EW today, so I figure it's worth a shot - my OPK yesterday almost caught either the beginning or the end of the surge, it wasn't quite positive, and my OPK today was a fainter line, nowhere near positive, so I think I am Oing today or yesterday, so I'm putting some more sperm in tonight, just in case.

SPBC Finally a Papa! Elise Ember Soleil - 10/3/10 - 4:09 AM - 6 lbs 8 oz My daughter eats donor milk! Human milk for human babies!
#190 of 203 Old 01-29-2009, 08:43 PM

Sperm is on top of the fridge, the only place in the house the cat can't knock it over. (She will knock over anything taller than it is wide. It's a thing.) Operation: Baby has begun.

#191 of 203 Old 01-29-2009, 09:11 PM

OK, I know this discussion has probably been had many times, but what are "good" or "decent" numbers for frozen sperm? The samples we have are 34mil (which I think is not great but not terrible) with 52% post-thaw motility (which I have no idea if that's good, bad or middling since I can only find "normal" ranges for fresh.

#192 of 203 Old 01-29-2009, 10:48 PM

Kat - the Sperm Bank of California claims that 20 million is "optimal" in which case your sample is really good. http://www.thespermbankofca.org/page....php?pageid=26

I remember my counts were around 20 million, and it made my RE very happy. If I recall correctly, my bank guaranteed 10 million. So, 34 million sounds really, really good to me.

Hope that helps.

SPBC Finally a Papa! Elise Ember Soleil - 10/3/10 - 4:09 AM - 6 lbs 8 oz My daughter eats donor milk! Human milk for human babies!
#193 of 203 Old 01-29-2009, 11:20 PM - Thread Starter

sorry to hear about your bfn scalpel, but i'm excited about your new donor and that positive attitude! best of luck for try #2!

everyone should be in the correct section on page 1 now. i think. lol!

tomorrow is tsh and p4 test day! yippee! we are hoping for good news but will be ok to sit out another month if it means waiting for an optimal try.

in other news, people at my office are getting pregnant/having babies at an alarming rate, and dp's office is the same! we hope the baby luck rubs off on us.

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
#194 of 203 Old 01-30-2009, 10:06 AM

Okie dokie, here we go again.

Can I (and my DP ruvalokiteshvara) please be moved to Waiting to O?

Here's to hoping that we once again get pregnant on our first try. I'm not feeling super hopeful, since it's only my second cycle after losing Noelle, but I don't want to wait around any longer. I for my cycle back exactly 28 days after delivering her and now cycle #2 is here exactly on time too, so at least that is a sign that my body is at least somewhat back on track.

Looking foreward to chatting with you all, even though I hope that my stay on the thread is short and sweet.

lemurmommies, loving wife to ruvalokiteshvara, proud moms to our intact son E (12/06), and mourning the loss of our daughter Noelle (stillborn 12/08).
#195 of 203 Old 01-30-2009, 11:39 AM

Lemur...

Thinking about you. I only waited two cycles too and that obviously worked for us. I hope you find increased peace with beginning to try again. I know that being active in moving forward was helpful for me.

PROUD mama to Amiya, age 6 , and Asher, born 10/2009 . Loving partner to dp, Amy.
#196 of 203 Old 01-30-2009, 02:16 PM

thanks Indigo!! Good luck with your tsh and p4 test...I hope everything comes out just right!! Best wishes to all in the 2WW and for those of us in the waiting to know catergory may our stays be short. I go back to the RE on monday for my day 3 blood draw and see what more probing they can do to me. Thank god I jusy finished my taxes and efiled because I need cashola for some spermies!!!

: DD 8/29/08 and twin boys 11/3/09
#197 of 203 Old 01-30-2009, 02:35 PM

Thanks for the feedback, Papa. I appreciate it! Decided to take your guidance and wait for "real" ewcm....no other signs I O'd so I think it was a fluke and I'm likely right on schedule.

katherinerose, good luck with insem'ing!

lemurmommies, sounds like your body is indeed ready to go. I hope your stay is short and sweet too

#198 of 203 Old 01-30-2009, 04:23 PM - Thread Starter

i'm going to double-check the first page when i get home, this is a quicky cause things are crazy here at work!

lemurmommies, yay, good luck and i hope your stay here is short too!

scalpel, i hear ya on tax refund, also my company bonus should come next week. yay!

katherinerose, good luck with the insem(s)!

carmen, yay for staying patient.

afu, dp had her blood drawn at 8am and i am NOT so patiently waiting for the results. dp is in a 4hr company meeting and i don't know if she can call me so i may have to wait until after work to find out. ugh.

edited to add, dp just called me back. bad news. her tsh is down to 0.06!!!!!!!!!! they want her to reduce her dosage again but only by 12mg. i think because she has hashimoto's that her thyroid started working again and now there is too much thyroxine in her system, hence the really low tsh. dp is calling them back to ask about that and why we are not reducing the dosage by more, since the last drop of 12mg didn't help at all, obviously. on the plus side, her p4 came back at 14.8 which is awesome for a non-medicated cycle. thank goodness there is some good news for today. needless to say, we are not trying in february either. at this rate who knows when we will be trying again.

another edit to add that dp has to take the new dosage for 3 weeks at which point we will test again. and hope for better news. dp is also going to call her endo and ask for his input. we did hear back from the re and she said that another 12mg drop was sufficient. so we will see how that goes.

g

#199 of 203 Old 01-31-2009, 01:41 AM

AF came 2 days ago. Blah.

Please move me to waiting to o
#200 of 203 Old 01-31-2009, 01:51 AM

Argh! Indigo - you guys have so much going on, it must be so vexing.

Lemmurmommies - welcome back. Let's get you off this thread right quick!

Carmen - Good! It's likely a case of Hyper Vigilitis, where every single little thing is a symptom of pregnancy (2nd half of your cycle) or a sign of impending infertility of doom (first half).

AFM - sperm yesterday, doctor today.

I have "Day 21" blood reqs for next week, a req for a beta the following week (but only if I'm late/get a positive on a stick), and reqs for CD3 and CD10 blood work next cycle. Obviously, hoping not to need them.

I do think it's time I talked to Donor Boy about a semen analysis, if this cycle doesn't pan out. My doc said her lab can run it, which is super convenient.

I'm on the fence about more sperm tomorrow - I've done two this cycle, 48 hours apart, but I still had EWCM tonight, even though what I think was a surge on the OPKs on Wednesday. I'll see what the CM looks like in the morning and then let KD know.

The clock is starting to tick - KD will be moving on for work in July, and I'm starting to feel like time is quickly running out. We have done five cycles, until July will give us maybe five more, so I would like to be knocked up now, please, baby fairy!

#201 of 203 Old 01-31-2009, 11:31 AM

Hi All,
We're officially back in the game!! I've been off the board for the past couple months as we've been dealing with a positive Hep C blood test. And what we've found out (after lots of blood work, many doctor visits and even a liver biopsy!) is that yes I do have Heatitis C that was contracted from a blood transfusion I received when I was only a few days old. My biopsy came back that my liver is still in good shape and while I will have to go thru tretament for this disease at some point I don't have to do it now. There is only a 4% chance that I will pass this on to my child so We have been given full consent from our docs to proceed with our insemination and hopefully pregnancy and birth!!
And since we continued to keep track in our calendar we know that we are right now in the "Waiting to O" stage again! :-) With our first IUI hopefully happening next weekend!

Just thought I'd give everyone an update on our happy news and let you all know that I'm glad to be back!

Denyel

Denyel & Kate Bond - Black Belt Mamas to Dekaylee born 10/29/09 - And parents to our 4-legged family including 1 Dog "Hank", 2 cats "Boris & Ahmi", and 5 Beautiful Alpacas!!
#202 of 203 Old 01-31-2009, 06:55 PM

lemurmommies So glad to hear your body seems to be ready to go again.

indigoscot Sorry to hear about the test results. I hope you guys can treat and be back in the game quickly.

FtMPapa I'd say go for the analysis. I wish we'd done it before KD donated, just so I hadn't spent the past year wondering what his numbers looked like!

deny_zoo29 Hi! Yea for happy med news, and welcome back to the TTC board.

Speaking of the TTC board, it's almost February. Anyone want to take it on?

#203 of 203 Old 01-31-2009, 11:57 PM

I can take it on.... I'll start the new thread right now!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page