Queer TTC February 2009 - Page 10 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#271 of 282 Old 02-27-2009, 12:32 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi folks, quick update here. I might be out of the game for March already and we'd be out $200 for the follicle check too.

My grandmother died this week and I'll be flying to OH for the memorial the week I would likely O. I suppose the stress of this might have made conception unlikely. I don't know - I'm still processing things.

The very earliest I might ovulate is the day before I fly out. Would it be insane or morbid to do an IUI before getting on the plane? More than likely I'll ovulate on the trip and the question is moot.

I hope all is well on everyone else's journey!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#272 of 282 Old 02-27-2009, 12:43 AM

pookafaye-- I think if I were you, I might do an insem before getting on that plane. But then again, that's coming from someone who just did an insem without even a + opk because I was about to get on a plane and didn't want to have NO HOPE for this cycle! (and because we have to rack up 6 clinic assisted IUIs before we can see an RE officially).

Katie, DW to Megin, Mamma to Quinn (7y.o.) and Wylie, born 07-04-10
#273 of 282 Old 02-27-2009, 02:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookafaye View Post
Hi folks, quick update here. I might be out of the game for March already and we'd be out $200 for the follicle check too.

My grandmother died this week and I'll be flying to OH for the memorial the week I would likely O. I suppose the stress of this might have made conception unlikely. I don't know - I'm still processing things.

The very earliest I might ovulate is the day before I fly out. Would it be insane or morbid to do an IUI before getting on the plane? More than likely I'll ovulate on the trip and the question is moot.

I hope all is well on everyone else's journey!
Sorry to hear about your grandmother. I hope the memorial goes well.

I don't think it's morbid to try but you're right, the stress may not help.

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#274 of 282 Old 02-27-2009, 10:58 AM

So sorry to hear about your grandmother pooka. I agree with the other ladies - I'd likely do an insem before leaving. You never know.

As for me, no AF, BFN again this morning. I am thinking that the fever I had when KD was here delayed ovulation, making us miss the egg but also making my period late. I'll update when AF actually shows. Until then, I suppose I am still officially waiting to know.

lemurmommies, loving wife to ruvalokiteshvara, proud moms to our intact son E (12/06), and mourning the loss of our daughter Noelle (stillborn 12/08).
#275 of 282 Old 02-27-2009, 11:27 AM

Pookafaye I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma. I don't think it's too morbid to do the IUI before you leave if you're comfortable with it. Personally, if there was any chance of it working, I'd do it.

Living with my DW, ourcat.gifAstrid, my mom and dad, and their dog and cats, too.  Hoping to start TTC with my OSO as baby-daddy soonish!

#276 of 282 Old 02-27-2009, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemurmommies View Post
So sorry to hear about your grandmother pooka. I agree with the other ladies - I'd likely do an insem before leaving. You never know.

As for me, no AF, BFN again this morning. I am thinking that the fever I had when KD was here delayed ovulation, making us miss the egg but also making my period late. I'll update when AF actually shows. Until then, I suppose I am still officially waiting to know.
Argh! Frustrating!

#277 of 282 Old 02-27-2009, 09:18 PM

Okie dokie!

AF is here. No big surprise. And so today is CD 1.

We're out for March because of travel plans, so I guess we need to be moved to Waiting to be Ready. We should be able to try in April, as our KD thinks he can be away from work when we would need to insem.

I'll be watching the thread and keeping my fingers crossed for all of you!

lemurmommies, loving wife to ruvalokiteshvara, proud moms to our intact son E (12/06), and mourning the loss of our daughter Noelle (stillborn 12/08).
#278 of 282 Old 02-27-2009, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemurmommies View Post
Okie dokie!

AF is here. No big surprise. And so today is CD 1.

We're out for March because of travel plans, so I guess we need to be moved to Waiting to be Ready. We should be able to try in April, as our KD thinks he can be away from work when we would need to insem.

I'll be watching the thread and keeping my fingers crossed for all of you!
Good luck for April!! Sorry it didn't work out this month.

#279 of 282 Old 02-28-2009, 05:23 PM

So sorry Lemurmommies-- but I think April will be a great month to get pregnant!

I've never been so relaxed during a TWW (at least ABOUT the waiting), but it's probably because I am virtually certain that I couldn't have gotten pregnant. I'll test tomorrow, stay on progesterone until Tuesday, and if no BFP by then, I'll go off progesterone, and I usually get my period the next day or two. So I should know what's happening by Wednesday at least.

Katie, DW to Megin, Mamma to Quinn (7y.o.) and Wylie, born 07-04-10
#280 of 282 Old 02-28-2009, 09:21 PM

pookafaye - so sorry about your grandma. I agree with the posters that encourage you to go ahead with an insem if it feels right.

lemurmommies - sorry. If it's not going to be "the" cycle, it shouldn't jerk you around like that

indigo - here's to being out of limbo.

AFU - Still no + opk. We did an insem on Thurs thinking O was right around the corner and also as practice and as a "hooray! free sperm!"

DP - who is usually the squeemish one was totally a trooper about it. Very supportive and mature about it. I on the other hand totally reverted to the second grade. I was a little grossed out and couldn't watch, cracked too many jokes and giggled uncontrollably. I wore a pad for the next two days cause I didn't want sperm to get on my underwear. I don't know why I got so funny about it.

Also - I don't usually have mid-cycle bleeding - but on the day that we did the IUI I had spotting, but it was more than just spotting - there was a little red tissue. Does that mean anything? Nothing? Everything? It could just be a fluke - but I'm worried it could mean bad things for my cycle.

Still madly in stillheart.gif with jb after 10 years and chasing after my precocious toddler jog.gif    

***joy.gif***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***40    computergeek2.gif westphillymama.com

#281 of 282 Old 03-01-2009, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pleasantlyfurious View Post

AFU - Still no + opk. We did an insem on Thurs thinking O was right around the corner and also as practice and as a "hooray! free sperm!"

DP - who is usually the squeemish one was totally a trooper about it. Very supportive and mature about it. I on the other hand totally reverted to the second grade. I was a little grossed out and couldn't watch, cracked too many jokes and giggled uncontrollably. I wore a pad for the next two days cause I didn't want sperm to get on my underwear. I don't know why I got so funny about it.

Also - I don't usually have mid-cycle bleeding - but on the day that we did the IUI I had spotting, but it was more than just spotting - there was a little red tissue. Does that mean anything? Nothing? Everything? It could just be a fluke - but I'm worried it could mean bad things for my cycle.
LOL Sounds like you had fun at least!

I'm not sure what to say about the spotting. I never have spotting either but the cycles right after both m/c I had spotting off and on throughout the first half of my cycle. Could the IUI cause spotting? Did you do an IUI at home?

#282 of 282 Old 03-01-2009, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmen358 View Post
Could the IUI cause spotting? Did you do an IUI at home?
Oops - I meant insem. I just still used to saying IUI - and no - it was actually before the insem. It's probably nothing, but I just wondered if anyone knew something I didn't.

Still madly in stillheart.gif with jb after 10 years and chasing after my precocious toddler jog.gif    

***joy.gif***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***40    computergeek2.gif westphillymama.com

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page