Queer TTC February 2009 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 282 Old 02-05-2009, 11:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yep, I insem'd last night. Was going to tonight as well but opted for tomorrow night instead. My temps say I haven't O'd. I usually give up on opks because my cm and temps have always told me I've O'd. I've gotten pregnant 3 times so I have to be O'ing right?? I hate that I don't trust my body anymore.

I think stress can cause a delayed ovulation too - so you may not have PCOS necessarily. I hope you don't have to deal with that challenge.

Thanks for the encouragement I think I'm just feeling anxious and stressed and very unlike myself in general. I'm sure I'll get over it quickly.

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#62 of 282 Old 02-06-2009, 09:40 AM

papa and carmen, i have fx that even with all the "did i or didn't i o?" worries that you will both be lucky this month! it's valentine's month, the perfect time for a bfp.

papa, i'm not sure about you having pcos. dp has a very mild version of it but still o's and it appears you do too. this just might be a whacked out cycle! the times when dp didn't o was due to her hypothyroidism and when her tsh was insanely high. her main symptom for that was being incredibly exhausted all the time.

dp's mornng temp was a little above coverline, so i'm sticking with my guesstimate of af arriving on sunday. in other good news, the : temperatures we've had here all week are on the way out! yippee!

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
#63 of 282 Old 02-06-2009, 10:21 AM - Thread Starter

Yeah, I'm not that worried about PCOS. I got a huge lecture about it from the OB I saw a few months back, but I think she had her own biases interfering with her ability to see me. (I am hoping to not see her again.)

I am very : too, Indigo! It's supposed to be in the 40s here tomorrow, though, thankfully, the dog and I have cabin fever.

On an administrative note, the following TTCers are MIA on this list. Should I move them to taking a break? Or make a new "Taking a break from the thread" category for them?

Astraphell
serepatera
DearAbby
Hulahoop

SPBC Finally a Papa! Elise Ember Soleil - 10/3/10 - 4:09 AM - 6 lbs 8 oz My daughter eats donor milk! Human milk for human babies!
#64 of 282 Old 02-06-2009, 02:49 PM

Thanks, indigo. Ever since m/c I am paranoid I won't ever O again. It makes no sense logically but you know, sometimes logic goes out the window when things get stressful

My temp is still down and last night more ewcm showed up so I think I'm on track to O later today or tomorrow, which would be cd21, my latest day to O normally. We will insem again tonight.

Papa, when do you plan to start poas?!

#65 of 282 Old 02-06-2009, 04:44 PM

Well, after insemming I then spending two and a half days trapped in a room with sick people for training. Thursday AM I woke up at 4:30 to a 100 degree fever and what I think might be tonsilitis. So I've been downing the Advil and trying to drink lots of liquids, and things seem to be getting better, but needless to say my temping has been a mess... (And I feel gross, but that's not as important, right?)

Papa - I knew I'd read something about wonky CM as an early pregancy sign, but couldn't find it until last night. According to Toni Wenschler (Taking Charge of You Fertility), unusual creamy CM (which is whiter that EWCM) during the later half of your LP can be a pregnancy sign. So here's hoping that your recent insemming was just insurance!

Carmen : for you! Obviously your body is quite capable of getting pregnant and you are O'ing. May you have all the sticky baby vibes you need this month!

pf for the early BFN. Here's for a BFP to make your trip that much more exciting.

Living with my DW, ourcat.gifAstrid, my mom and dad, and their dog and cats, too.  Hoping to start TTC with my OSO as baby-daddy soonish!

#66 of 282 Old 02-06-2009, 06:22 PM

Good luck papa and carmen...looks like i have one lead follie which is 15mm as of today (cd 8)...RE says we will be inseminating this tuesday!! I need to get off work early to pic up a few more menopur amps and 2 ganirellix and a trigger!! Here's to cycle #2!!:

: DD 8/29/08 and twin boys 11/3/09
#67 of 282 Old 02-06-2009, 08:52 PM - Thread Starter

Carmen - SOON! I am a POAS addict, as y'all know by now. I think Wednesday will be 14 DP my first suspected O, so I think starting Wednesday seems auspicious.

BTW, the loss of logic is absolutely a TTC side effect. I'm certain of it.

I'm not wasting the digital ones, though, Dollar Tree, here I come!

Kat - I hope you feel better soon! I actually did notice a lot of creamy CM recently, but it's been like that past O at least the last two cycles.

Scalpel - I'm looking forward to having you join us in the 2ww!

SPBC Finally a Papa! Elise Ember Soleil - 10/3/10 - 4:09 AM - 6 lbs 8 oz My daughter eats donor milk! Human milk for human babies!
#68 of 282 Old 02-06-2009, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pleasantlyfurious View Post
I'm at 8 DPO and I tested this morning with a BFN. I know, I know, it's early. It's really a cruel joke that fearing/realizing you aren't pregnant comes at the same time as PMS. I'm testing again tomorrow even though it's still early, then on Saturday before I catch my flight out of the country.
Sorry about the early BFN. The cycle that I got pregnant with Noelle I got a BFN at 9DPO, but then a BFP at 12DPO. Dunno if that helps or not, but don't give up hope just yet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katharinerose View Post
Papa - I knew I'd read something about wonky CM as an early pregancy sign, but couldn't find it until last night. According to Toni Wenschler (Taking Charge of You Fertility), unusual creamy CM (which is whiter that EWCM) during the later half of your LP can be a pregnancy sign. So here's hoping that your recent insemming was just insurance!
I had tons of creamy CM when I got pregnant with Noelle, but none really when I got pregnant with E. All the "signs" can be so confusing!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalpel View Post
Good luck papa and carmen...looks like i have one lead follie which is 15mm as of today (cd 8)...RE says we will be inseminating this tuesday!! I need to get off work early to pic up a few more menopur amps and 2 ganirellix and a trigger!! Here's to cycle #2!!:
Good luck Scalpel. Looks like we'll be plugging along in the 2WW together, although I don't expect to O until Wednesday-ish, we'll be insemming Monday-Thursday.

lemurmommies, loving wife to ruvalokiteshvara, proud moms to our intact son E (12/06), and mourning the loss of our daughter Noelle (stillborn 12/08).
#69 of 282 Old 02-06-2009, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemurmommies View Post
Good luck Scalpel. Looks like we'll be plugging along in the 2WW together, although I don't expect to O until Wednesday-ish, we'll be insemming Monday-Thursday.

I'm still suspecting a Mon or Tues insem. Finally seeing a faint second line on my OPK - so I guess things are on schedule. Looks like the 3 of us will be TWW buddies

#70 of 282 Old 02-06-2009, 09:39 PM

Awesome pookafaye! We can all act paranoid and crazy together!

lemurmommies, loving wife to ruvalokiteshvara, proud moms to our intact son E (12/06), and mourning the loss of our daughter Noelle (stillborn 12/08).
#71 of 282 Old 02-07-2009, 06:22 AM

It's four AM and I'm up to catch my six AM flight to Seoul. BFN again today. Boo. I have hpts in my luggage and will try to update from Korea - but I'm losing hope. If I get AF in a couple days then I guess that means I eat the "super fresh" (read: raw) fish from the fish market...

Still madly in stillheart.gif with jb after 10 years and chasing after my precocious toddler jog.gif    

***joy.gif***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***40    computergeek2.gif westphillymama.com

#72 of 282 Old 02-07-2009, 03:22 PM

good luck to everyone - it's so exciting to have so many ladies in their tww or getting ready to insem! i hope this latest round results in many bfps (and yes, that includes you too pf, i still have hope! have fun in korea!).

afu, dp started spotting last night and this morning is most definitely cd1. that's a 14 day lp, although i think she ovulated fairly soon after the 1st peak on our cbem, so strictly speaking could still be a 15 day lp. anyways, she left a message for our re's nurse and will hear back on monday when our appt is for the hysteroscopy and polypectomy. we are aiming for friday of next week so that dp has the weekend to recover - she'll be under general and has never had that before. in other news, dp's company laid off 9 people last week and this week told another bunch, including dp, to reduce hours to 32 per week. while this won't hurt us too much finacially, thank goodness, it still sucks. they tentatively say for 2 months only but i think that depends on how things go....

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
#73 of 282 Old 02-07-2009, 03:51 PM

PF (the other PF ): My fingers are still crossed for you

Lemur: I don't even have to wait for the TWW to act crazy; I'm already talking myself in circles about whether the line on today's OPK is darker than the control. Last month it was very clearly darker so I'm going to wait - but I'm still making myself a bit nuts..

Indigo
: Best of luck with the tests and with the job situation. I left my job when DW got cancer last year and by the time she was better the job market had fallen apart. I think the universe wants me to be a SAHM for a while, but I hope to return to my old (and much less stressful) career as a massage therapist.

#74 of 282 Old 02-07-2009, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pleasantlyfurious View Post
It's four AM and I'm up to catch my six AM flight to Seoul. BFN again today. Boo. I have hpts in my luggage and will try to update from Korea - but I'm losing hope. If I get AF in a couple days then I guess that means I eat the "super fresh" (read: raw) fish from the fish market...
I still have my fingers crossed for you... If it comes to that, really enjoy your fish! (Raw is, oddly, the only way I like fish, but I recently had my biennial sushi fix, so I'm good to go. ) Either way, enjoy your trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigoscot View Post
afu, dp started spotting last night and this morning is most definitely cd1. that's a 14 day lp, although i think she ovulated fairly soon after the 1st peak on our cbem, so strictly speaking could still be a 15 day lp. anyways, she left a message for our re's nurse and will hear back on monday when our appt is for the hysteroscopy and polypectomy. we are aiming for friday of next week so that dp has the weekend to recover - she'll be under general and has never had that before. in other news, dp's company laid off 9 people last week and this week told another bunch, including dp, to reduce hours to 32 per week. while this won't hurt us too much finacially, thank goodness, it still sucks. they tentatively say for 2 months only but i think that depends on how things go....

g
Oh, what I wouldn't give for a 15 day LP! Mine are generally 10-11, which worries me a bit, but does make my TWW only a week and a half. Sorry about the hours cut. That does suck. But it's better than no job at all, I suppose. Are the surgeries laproscopic, or do they have to do the big incision? DW was under general twice (!!) this year for outpatient knee surgeries. The anesthesia was no big deal - she was out of recovery and on her way home in an hour or so. But I know some people have a harder time with it.

AFU, I'm at 4 DPO and have to keep telling DW that no, we can't test yet. It's funny, because I was a nervous wreck last weekend waiting to O while she was all calm and seemingly unconcerned. Now, I'm all zen (it's gonna work or it isn't and I can't do a thing about it at this point) and she's going crazy. Of course, ask me again after Tuesday, and I'm sure every little thing is going to be a symptom!

I have an appointment with my midwife/nurse practitioner for a "preconception" appointment on Monday to give things a quick check over and hopefully get a prescription for the good allergy meds that are OK during pregnancy.

Living with my DW, ourcat.gifAstrid, my mom and dad, and their dog and cats, too.  Hoping to start TTC with my OSO as baby-daddy soonish!

#75 of 282 Old 02-07-2009, 05:03 PM - Thread Starter

PF - Happy Korean Testing!!! It's too soon, it ain't over 'til it's over, you know? I will not let you call it early. (But I would still eat the raw fish. I'm crazy like that.)

Pookafaye - I know what you mean about it driving you crazy. I hate staring at them thinking "is that as dark as?" I somehow think darker would be easier to tell than as dark as. I like the digitals, but they're really $$$.

Indigo - I've got my fingers crossed.

AFM - nada. I bought another bottle of prenatal vitamins today. I've been taking them for two years now. ::sigh::

At least these are only a 2 month supply, the ones I bought before were a six month supply, and it's depressing to get to the bottom and still no baby.

Kat - if you really want a 15 day LP, which can't hurt the whole baby making project, go for a B complex vitamin, and Vitex. It worked for me. I went from a 10 day LP two months in a row to 14 days the past three months. I hear that ten days is sufficient, but I feel happier with 14.

#76 of 282 Old 02-07-2009, 08:12 PM

PF- I have found that eating raw fish, drinking a glass of wine, and then sitting in a hot tub is a good way to ensure that you get a bfp (and spend the next 9 months worrying that your kid will be born with a tail...). Have a great trip, and here's hoping for great news.

A, partner to J, mama to O, now with a new username!

Building queer family since 2008!

(and oh, did i mention we're having twins?!?)

#77 of 282 Old 02-07-2009, 11:37 PM

Ugh, sorry about the bfp, PF. I hope you get raw fish and a bfp on your trip!

indigo, that sucks about the cutback in hours. The nice long lp is good news though! My lp is usually only 12 days but the acupuncture I'm starting next week is supposed to help in lengthening that. I hope the procedures go smoothly for your dp.

lol Katherine, I already want to test this cycle and I haven't even ovulated yet so 4dpo sounds reasonable for starting the "are we there yet?" stuff

I am really hoping I O tonight (or have today) as it's CD21. I have felt O in past months but haven't felt it this time so I'm not sure if I have. Temp is still down...We insem'd again last night and are hoping to tonight as well for insurance. Haven't heard yet if KD can make it or not.

#78 of 282 Old 02-07-2009, 11:40 PM

Still waiting to O here. Donor just told us that he's thinking of moving in May. Grrrrrrrrrrrreat.
#79 of 282 Old 02-08-2009, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellephant View Post
Still waiting to O here. Donor just told us that he's thinking of moving in May. Grrrrrrrrrrrreat.
: some O vibes for you!

No worries about your donor moving, you'll be pregnant by then!

#80 of 282 Old 02-08-2009, 02:26 AM

I got definite darker line on my OPK around 8:30

I wish it had waited until the morning though because the way my Dr works is you call before 10 am and they schedule you for the next day. I hope they have something super early on Monday so we don't miss the window - eap!

It's still very exciting to be so ready to go - I'll keep you guys posted

#81 of 282 Old 02-08-2009, 12:36 PM

Good luck, pookafaye!

I insem'd again last night. Temp is still down today though...cd22. Wondering what the heck is going on with my body. I'm either going crazy with stress the last 2 months or my body is completely changing. Am giving up with the insem'ing for this cycle regardless. KD has a bad cold and I feel bad dragging him over here. I guess I'll just have to wait and see if I actually O at all and hope it's in the next day or so, so that we catch the egg.

#82 of 282 Old 02-08-2009, 02:14 PM

Go pookafaye! Let us know how it goes.

carmen Here's ovulation dust Let's hope it works. And remember, fresh sperm can live for up to 5 days, so you have a few days. My guess? it's probably the stress.

I jut figured out that you can watch the PBS Nova "Life's Greatest Miracle" (that would be the updated version of The Miracle of Life we all watched in middle school health class) on their website: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/miracle/program.html Very fun for my geeky "what exactly is going on RIGHT NOW" phase.

#83 of 282 Old 02-08-2009, 08:46 PM - Thread Starter

Hang in there, Carmen!

I say sit it out for a few days, give KD a few days to recoup, and if you get any more EWCM, go for it.

I'm already bored of waiting - my first 2ww this cycle should end on Wednesday. Today CD 34!

I wish I had a more textbook 28 day cycle sometimes. I cannot plan on being definitely out of the 2/3ww until the 18th, which is cycle day 44.

#84 of 282 Old 02-08-2009, 10:04 PM

papa, ugh! i know what you mean about waiting. our 2ww to get started in january has turned into a 2 month wait and perhaps longer.

afu, i am battling a nasty head cold that our son passed along. i may work from hom tomorrow if i still feel blah. dp and a friend of ours spent the day building the play set we got for free. it has a slide, a lower and upper fort - the upper fort has a roof, monkey bars and 3 swings! it's about 80% done.

g

#85 of 282 Old 02-09-2009, 10:35 AM

I'm only 6 DPO. It's really still too early for me to have any symptoms, right?
  • Last night the 3-day past date milk smelled terrible (I can normally do milk for weeks after the date!)
  • I've got a kind of metallic taste going on all the time since last night - like I have a bit of the old metal gum wrapper in my mouth.
  • I'm feeling a little nauseous this morning and more so after I brushed my teeth - the toothpaste I use every morning seemed way chemically and faux-sweetened. Blech.

So, yes. I'm officially going nuts. I haven't told DW these things because at this point she's more emotionally invested in the potential baby than I am. She'll definitely take it harder if I'm not actually pregnant. And I just don't want to her hopes up and then it turns out to be me being hyperaware or anything that could possible be a sign!

#86 of 282 Old 02-09-2009, 11:07 AM - Thread Starter

Oooh! Those sound like good signs, Kat!

I'm over watching signs - done, done, done. My only sign is some sort of full-moon induced sleeplessness in my dog, which means that I am also being kept up. Between the two feet of brilliant white snow in our yard, plus the gigantic full moon, it was practically daylight out there at midnight last night. And again at 2:30 AM. And again at 3:20. And again at 4:20.

So, I woke up nauseated this morning, but I'm chalking it up to not getting enough sleep. The dog is now sleeping on the couch, the contented sleep of a beast who kept the whole house up all night.

#87 of 282 Old 02-09-2009, 11:52 AM

Thanks for the encouragement, everyone.

Katherine, those definitely sounds like great pregnancy signs, even if it is a bit early, you never know!

Looking forward to the result of Wednesday's test, papa

Afm, my temp went up this morning so I'm hoping I O'd yesterday. Would be good timing for the insems but still later in my cycle than I'd like to see. I think it's safe to say I'm waiting to know regardless if I'm sure I O'd or not. KD's supplies sure went down in quantity the 3rd time around, I wonder if him getting sick with a cold affects that. It only takes one swimmer though right?

#88 of 282 Old 02-09-2009, 01:46 PM

I'm making myself so crazy over this... As far as I can tell I surged on Sat night - but my Doctors office only takes called in the morning and so I waited to call. When you call they schedule your IUI for the next day. All of these delays make me think I missed the surge.

I just called them and of course got bounced back to the nurses VM and have no idea if I'll get a call back before my appt in 1 1/2 hrs. I don't know if this cycle is just totally wasted - if the sperm has already been defrosted and so it might as well be used (I assume that refreezing is not an option) or if I'm secretly Oing while I type and it's just that the surge has begun to taper off.

I think I'm way to obsessive to get through this with my sanity in tact

I'm still hopeful for all of you though!

ETA: My chart

#89 of 282 Old 02-09-2009, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookafaye View Post
I'm making myself so crazy over this... As far as I can tell I surged on Sat night - but my Doctors office only takes called in the morning and so I waited to call. When you call they schedule your IUI for the next day. All of these delays make me think I missed the surge.

I just called them and of course got bounced back to the nurses VM and have no idea if I'll get a call back before my appt in 1 1/2 hrs. I don't know if this cycle is just totally wasted - if the sperm has already been defrosted and so it might as well be used (I assume that refreezing is not an option) or if I'm secretly Oing while I type and it's just that the surge has begun to taper off.

Doing the IUI 36 hours post surge sounds like perfect timing to me . If you were going to do TWO IUIs, then I would suggest doing one 12 hours post surge, and the second 36 hours post-surge. But with only one IUI, doing it 36 hours after you first get the positive OPK is ideal.

I know that it can feel totally crazy-making to wait until all of your "O" symptoms are pretty much gone before you insem., but that's actually exactly as it should be. Your "O" symptoms are there to tell you when you should be adding fresh sperm so that it has time to travel through your cervix and get into your uterus in time for the egg. But if you put the thawed-sperm in your uterus right when you have all your fertile signs, it would be way too early since you'd be bypassing the "journey through the cervix," and thawed sperm doesn't live nearly as long.

No worries. You're golden.

Lex

Mindfully mothering SIX kids (ages 4, 5, 7, 8, 11 & 11) in a small house with a lot of love.
#90 of 282 Old 02-09-2009, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookafaye View Post

I don't know much about using thawed sperm but I'm sure what Lex said is great guidance.

I think even if a person isn't obsessive before TTC then it can definitely bring that on! Try to hang in there (and I'll try and take that advice too ) and be confident that you're doing everything you can at the right time

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page