Queer TTC February 2009 - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 282 Old 02-11-2009, 10:44 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Today is my IUI day. I'm heading to the doctor's in about an hour! So I guess it's finally time to get us moved to 2WW! Yeah! Cross your fingers and hope this works the first time! :-)

Denyel & Kate Bond - Black Belt Mamas to Dekaylee born 10/29/09 - And parents to our 4-legged family including 1 Dog "Hank", 2 cats "Boris & Ahmi", and 5 Beautiful Alpacas!!
#122 of 282 Old 02-11-2009, 11:06 AM

Thanks guys This community is so lovely.

I'm really feeling pretty ok with it. I don't think I'm cut out to test early and often. Next time I'm gonna wait... maybe.

In happier news I'm having a great time. Korea if great, sister time is great, and the food is incredible.

deny_zoo - Good luck!!!!

Carmen - Thank you!! I got a chance to look it over and it's exactly what I was looking for.

Still madly in stillheart.gif with jb after 10 years and chasing after my precocious toddler jog.gif    

***joy.gif***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***40    computergeek2.gif westphillymama.com

#123 of 282 Old 02-11-2009, 11:59 AM

So sorry PF. Here's to moving on with your new plan and KD.

PROUD mama to Amiya, age 6 , and Asher, born 10/2009 . Loving partner to dp, Amy.
#124 of 282 Old 02-11-2009, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deny_zoo29 View Post
Today is my IUI day. I'm heading to the doctor's in about an hour! So I guess it's finally time to get us moved to 2WW! Yeah! Cross your fingers and hope this works the first time! :-)
Good luck!

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#125 of 282 Old 02-11-2009, 01:26 PM

Scalpel WhooHoo! Here's to the new donor!

deny_zoo29 Good luck! Let us know how it goes.

pleasantlyfurious Enjoy what sounds like a wonderful trip.

Papa Yep, you're still too early Magic Eight Ball says "Try Again Later."

Living with my DW, ourcat.gifAstrid, my mom and dad, and their dog and cats, too.  Hoping to start TTC with my OSO as baby-daddy soonish!

#126 of 282 Old 02-11-2009, 01:58 PM

Just got back from the docs office, they said our frozen vials had 28 million sperm count with 80% motility!! Sounds good to us so far! We'll let you know how it goes as we know anything! :-)

Denyel & Kate Bond - Black Belt Mamas to Dekaylee born 10/29/09 - And parents to our 4-legged family including 1 Dog "Hank", 2 cats "Boris & Ahmi", and 5 Beautiful Alpacas!!
#127 of 282 Old 02-11-2009, 03:13 PM

katherine, your chart looks great!

#128 of 282 Old 02-11-2009, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FtMPapa View Post
LemurMommies - I get that same bloated feeling, and I swear I can feel the sperm crawling around. It's very strange. I don't know how straight girls do it all the time.
Good to know I'm not the only one. DP jokes that I have a sperm allergy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deny_zoo29 View Post
Just got back from the docs office, they said our frozen vials had 28 million sperm count with 80% motility!! Sounds good to us so far! We'll let you know how it goes as we know anything! :-)
Good luck!

As for me, inseminated again this morning despite burning up with fever and feeling generally terrible. This is actually the first time I've been out of bed all day. I hope that being so sick doesn't mess up my chances of a BFP!

lemurmommies, loving wife to ruvalokiteshvara, proud moms to our intact son E (12/06), and mourning the loss of our daughter Noelle (stillborn 12/08).
#129 of 282 Old 02-11-2009, 10:15 PM - Thread Starter

Lemurmommies - naw, doesn't matter if you're sick, it might even help make extra mucus, just be careful what you take, if anything.

It could delay O a few days, depending on when exactly you got sick.

PF - I moved you to taking a break/regrouping - I hope that was OK, let me know if not.

Deny - welcome to the wait!

Ok, good vibes everyone, I'm testing again tomorrow!

SPBC Finally a Papa! Elise Ember Soleil - 10/3/10 - 4:09 AM - 6 lbs 8 oz My daughter eats donor milk! Human milk for human babies!
#130 of 282 Old 02-11-2009, 10:29 PM

Good luck with the test tomorrow, papa.

I have, surprisingly, not been thinking about poas the last couple of days...I'm only 3dpo. Today I even forgot we insem'd. But only for a minute I had my first acupuncture treatment today. It was good. She focused on points to aid implantation. Not as intense as I expected but very relaxing.

#131 of 282 Old 02-11-2009, 11:39 PM

We're scheduled to do our first IUI post m/c this Friday. It will be CD16, which is a good deal before Katie usually ovulates. But, we're going out of town the next day and won't be back until CD23, which is past when she usually Os. At this point one of the main reasons we want to do it with this poor timing is to keep "logging our IUIs" in order to get us a ticket in the door with the RE (insurance, etc). So, we're 97% certain we'll do it Friday. But the question is, if it's a few days before O, will they be able to get the catheter in her cervix?

I think we're going to save a bit of the goods (shipped, cooled) to do our own at-home insem in the hopes that those swimmers will stay alive longer (no documentation on how long they live using that process), so hopefully that will be a bit of back up for us given the timing....

thanks!
megin

Mommy to an amazing 8 year old, wife to an inspiring principal, and welcoming Wylie Grace! Our July 4th babe!
#132 of 282 Old 02-12-2009, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FtMPapa View Post
Lemurmommies - naw, doesn't matter if you're sick, it might even help make extra mucus, just be careful what you take, if anything.
I've pretty much avoided taking anything at all, except for one Tylenol earlier this afternoon. It managed to calm some of my joint pain for a while, but I'm pretty much back to feeling like cr*p.

Our last insemination is tomorrow, CD 15. Then on to the 2WW!

lemurmommies, loving wife to ruvalokiteshvara, proud moms to our intact son E (12/06), and mourning the loss of our daughter Noelle (stillborn 12/08).
#133 of 282 Old 02-12-2009, 05:25 PM

Papa: Did you test yet? Did you test yet?

lemur: Take care of yourself and feel better.

Testing tomorrow! Wish me luck!

Living with my DW, ourcat.gifAstrid, my mom and dad, and their dog and cats, too.  Hoping to start TTC with my OSO as baby-daddy soonish!

#134 of 282 Old 02-12-2009, 05:42 PM - Thread Starter

Kat -thanks for checking in, I did test this morning. BFN.

It's still only 7 or 8 DPO or something, I've lost track.

We can test together tomorrow. Good luck!!!

SPBC Finally a Papa! Elise Ember Soleil - 10/3/10 - 4:09 AM - 6 lbs 8 oz My daughter eats donor milk! Human milk for human babies!
#135 of 282 Old 02-12-2009, 06:35 PM

Megin - Sorry I don't know the answer to your question. Having only ever dealt with intervaginal insemination, I know nothing of catheters!

Looking forward to hearing your test results tomorrow Kat and Papa!

My fever finally broke sometime overnight - I went through two pairs of pjs sweating so much. Today I've basically been sitting on the couch and working at getting rehydrated. We did our last insem this morning, and in all honesty I'm feeling pretty hopeful. Can I please be moved to Waiting to Know?

ETA - I see we've already been moved. Thanks!

#136 of 282 Old 02-12-2009, 06:54 PM

Good luck tomorrow, katherine and papa

And welcome to the TWW lemurmommies.

No symptoms to speak of other than off/on low crampish things. More like pressure. Lots of creamy CM today. Had that with 2nd BFP but not first so unfortunately it doesn't tell me a lot. And hey, it's still only 4dpo !

#137 of 282 Old 02-13-2009, 09:20 AM

BFN this morning, but we are undeterred. My temp is still up and my breasts are only a little tender and only around the nipples. Normally, they get much more painful in a more widespread way for at least 4 days before my period, so even if AF is coming, it shouldn't be for a while yet.

#138 of 282 Old 02-13-2009, 10:46 AM - Thread Starter

BFN - I should say SAN, slightly ambiguous negative, since it has a little greyish evap line, and if I wasn't an experienced pregnancy test failer by know, I'd think it might be a line.

Today is only 8 DP-revised-O so I am not going to get all disappointed just yet. Really.

#139 of 282 Old 02-13-2009, 10:58 AM

Well, I might not have a fever anymore, but I do have the headache from h*ll. Dear heavens. I'm feeling rather defeated. On the other hand, feeling so poorly has kept me from obsessing about insemming and now the 2WW seems like not such a big deal. We'll see how long the non-obsession lasts.

katharine and papa, sorry for the BFNs. I had a BFN at 9DPO with Noelle, and then a BFP at 11DPO. Glad to hear you're not giving up hope!

#140 of 282 Old 02-13-2009, 11:04 AM - Thread Starter

Oh, dear, Lemurmommies! I hope you stay just sick enough to spare you from the torture of waiting obsessively, but that you get better soon!

I refuse to be devastated until Wednesday.

I was supposed to go get 7 DPO bloodwork done yesterday, but I so can't deal with it right now, and I'm not exaclty sure when I Oed, so I'm going to do it all next cycle (if there is a next cycle - which I really hope there isn't!

#141 of 282 Old 02-13-2009, 12:18 PM

Sorry about the early BFNs, papa and katherine. I also got a BFN at 9dpo and then a BFP at 12dpo with my first bfp.

Katherine, your chart still looks very promising with the temp hike today!

lol Lemurmommies. Sorry you're sick but sounds like the fringe benefits are good

#142 of 282 Old 02-13-2009, 12:58 PM

dp is polyp free! : the procedure this morning was a big success and now we are home, dp is sleeping on the couch while i work.

the doctor even showed us photos of the polyp attached and removed and it was pretty big when you consider how small the non-pregnant uterus really is. she said it was a good thing that we had it removed because it could have caused issues with implantation.

now we wait until next friday for another tsh test. if it's back to normal (PLEASE!) we can try in march.

papa and katherine, sorry about the bfns. still keeping my fingers crossed!

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
#143 of 282 Old 02-13-2009, 02:15 PM

that is great news!!!! Speedy recovery to your DP!! :

: DD 8/29/08 and twin boys 11/3/09
#144 of 282 Old 02-13-2009, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigoscot View Post
dp is polyp free! :
: Congratulations! I'll keep my fingers crossed for your HST numbers and am looking forward to a BFP in March! :

#145 of 282 Old 02-13-2009, 03:40 PM

Just returned from our insem with fresh shipped and then washed sperm at the docs. Good insem but lots of cramping for Katie. We saved a bit so we're doing another insem tonight (unwashed, so hopefully these will live a while) since it's still early in her cycle.

But, I think we can officially be moved waiting to know! (that would be a LONG wait for us, as per usual).

::
megin

Mommy to an amazing 8 year old, wife to an inspiring principal, and welcoming Wylie Grace! Our July 4th babe!
#146 of 282 Old 02-13-2009, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigoscot View Post
dp is polyp free! : the procedure this morning was a big success and now we are home, dp is sleeping on the couch while i work.

the doctor even showed us photos of the polyp attached and removed and it was pretty big when you consider how small the non-pregnant uterus really is. she said it was a good thing that we had it removed because it could have caused issues with implantation.

now we wait until next friday for another tsh test. if it's back to normal (PLEASE!) we can try in march.
Awesome news! I'm very happy things are going well for you two. You seem so positive about everything, even the challenges, so I think everything is going to go your way

FX for a passing grade on the test

#147 of 282 Old 02-13-2009, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by megincl View Post
Just returned from our insem with fresh shipped and then washed sperm at the docs. Good insem but lots of cramping for Katie. We saved a bit so we're doing another insem tonight (unwashed, so hopefully these will live a while) since it's still early in her cycle.

But, I think we can officially be moved waiting to know! (that would be a LONG wait for us, as per usual).

::
megin
Welcome to the TWW! Good luck!

#148 of 282 Old 02-13-2009, 08:01 PM

Just thought you all might enjoy the endless adventures and hilarities of queer TTC. This is a pic of the extra bit of sperm we kept from our insem today. Waiting on our cold porch (inside an insulated package with cold packs and foam and everything -- rather cozy if you prefer cold temps) for an evening "insurance insem."

The joys...

megin

#149 of 282 Old 02-13-2009, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by megincl View Post
Just thought you all might enjoy the endless adventures and hilarities of queer TTC. This is a pic of the extra bit of sperm we kept from our insem today. Waiting on our cold porch (inside an insulated package with cold packs and foam and everything -- rather cozy if you prefer cold temps) for an evening "insurance insem."
Awesome! Is it hanging out in a Learning Tower?

#150 of 282 Old 02-13-2009, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemurmommies View Post
Awesome! Is it hanging out in a Learning Tower?
But of course! Those spermies have much to learn!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page