Frozen Sperm Question - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 02-10-2009, 05:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We are going to do our first DI this month. I ordered two vilals of DI from the same donor. I asked to see the report to check numbers and motility. Both vials had just over 20 million motile sperm, motility of 25%. My doc says 25% motility is good for frozen sperm. The nurse also says the doc looks after thaw just to be sure of the motility and counts. Anyhow, my questions are: Do the reports often match what is seen after thaw? and, if I combined both 20 million vials, would I then have a total count of 40 million? The nurse says they are successful from this lab with these same numbers with one vial. What does anyone think? TIA!

Wife to DHluxlove.gif DS 98thumb.gif DD 03flower.gif DS 09 babyf.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

She is here!!! Oct 5th!!!joy.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 02-10-2009, 06:57 PM

My Dr's counts were always very close to what the reports said...although I would assume it might vary depending on what bank you use. As for me...with my successful cycle I used only 1 vial for my IUI and ended up with about 20 milllion motile. It resulted in a BFP!! So, I'd say you having 40 million motile is a great number! Good luck to you!!!

DS Alexander Joseph born 6/29/09
#3 of 4 Old 02-11-2009, 01:33 PM - Thread Starter

Jenn- Thank you for that info. It makes me feel better about this. Does anyone else have experience?

Wife to DHluxlove.gif DS 98thumb.gif DD 03flower.gif DS 09 babyf.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

She is here!!! Oct 5th!!!joy.gif

#4 of 4 Old 02-11-2009, 03:03 PM

I just got back from the doctor for our first IUI. We used 2 vials and the nurse said our count was 28 million with an 80% motility! She said that that high a motility rate is almost unheard of with frozen sperm. She said it was to the level of fresh! These were our numbers, don't know if it helps you at all, but I thought I'd share what I knew!

Denyel & Kate Bond - Black Belt Mamas to Dekaylee born 10/29/09 - And parents to our 4-legged family including 1 Dog "Hank", 2 cats "Boris & Ahmi", and 5 Beautiful Alpacas!!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page