Trying for number 2... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 02-25-2009, 10:10 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
OK, I have big news... My DP has decided that she would like to carry the next babe - and we're hoping to start trying ASAP. As in, now. As in, we had sperm shipped last week, but we missed her O, so we had to ship it back, but will definitely try for the next window in 3 wks! DP has been tracking for a couple of months now, so we're psyched.

Alex (our first) is 9.5 months now. I'm really excited to watch this process from the other side (since I am not ready to be pregnant again just yet).

ribbonrainbow.gif: mamas to one DD (5/08) and two DS's (11/9/10 @ 35wks)
blogging.jpgnocirc.gifdelayedvax.gifgd.gif1pump.giftoddler.giffamilybed2.gifcd.gif
#2 of 4 Old 02-25-2009, 11:03 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
congrats!!! i personally can't wait for the day that dp starts trying again. i think this will be the only child that joins us from my uterus, but i would do it again if i had to.

fingers crossed, she has first timer's success and before you guys know it, you will be on your way to another babe! i'm sure it's surely going to be exciting watching this from the other side! oh, i'm excited!

giggle - mommy to GP born 3.16.09 and parter to liberty (GP's mama). hoping to have 2 under 2 in the very near future via DP's ute!
#3 of 4 Old 02-25-2009, 04:24 PM

congrats! my dp is waiting to try for our second babe - long story but basically down to getting her tsh back into range now - i carried our son. i too am excited to be "on the other side". since i will be 40 this year i won't be getting pregnant again. i completely loved being pregnant and if i wasn't so high risk (not just my age, i also have a blood clotting disorder) i would definitely want to do it again.

please come and join us in the ttc thread! we'd be happy to have you come obsess about symptoms with the rest of us, lol!

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
#4 of 4 Old 03-02-2009, 11:40 PM

"The other side" is so much fun! I do miss not having the baby moving inside me (though I get to feel him plenty on the outside when dw is home), and I'm sure I will have some mixed feelings once he is born, but this experience of pregnancy is so far superior to my experiences being pregnant myself.

I hope your new little one starts growing SOON!

Lex

Mindfully mothering SIX kids (ages 4, 5, 7, 8, 11 & 11) in a small house with a lot of love.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page