Queer Conceptions - March 2009 - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 252 Old 03-31-2009, 03:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Here's another crazy question that I don't hear many straight folks talking about. How do you all feel about sex during the 2ww or time of possible implantation? I have read something about strong orgasms causing uterine contractions that might re-direct the fertilized egg as it's coming down the tube or impede implantation. Any thoughts on this? And what about during the first trimester? Are vibrators contraindicated? Should you stop after one orgasm etc???

I've caught myself pushing my partner away for fear it will interfere with something. Has anyone else wondered about this?
#242 of 252 Old 03-31-2009, 03:29 PM

I'm 9 dpo. My temp this morning was a lot lower than usual, but also I was cold when I woke up. Could it be an implantation dip? Or is it just a chilly bedroom? I haven't noticed any spotting, don't have tender boobs, and feel pretty normal. A couple of days ago I thought I was having all sorts of symptoms but now that I can probably actually notice something I don't!

However last night I almost threw up at the smell of popcorn (and I LOVE popcorn!) I was in bed and trying to sleep but the smell was so overwhelming that I was covering my nose and my mouth got that awful about-to-puke saliva! It went away eventually, I convinced myself that I wasn't going to allow popcorn to make me get out of bed and throw up. lol.

I'm going to take my first pregnancy test (ever! how nerve-wracking!) on Friday. I'll be 12 dpo. Fertilityfriend says not to test until Sunday, but I want to take the test on Friday. I don't work that day, and I told some family and friends that I was testing on Saturday and I regret that. They keep texting and emailing and I love the support but I also kinda wish I was in a bubble right now. So this way I can test on Friday and try to deal with whatever it says for a full day without anyone asking anything.

I'm not even going to buy the tests until Thursday night. I think I'll go to Target and get pretty much one of each brand!

Question- do you test with your DP in the bathroom with you? I mentioned that maybe I wanted to take it by myself that first time because I'm not sure how I'm going to react, and my DP was so hurt and said "But I have to be there, we can cry together if it's negative." So of course I said nevermind and that she can be there with me. And that's fine, I love how involved she is and don't want to deny her the experience. I was just wondering what you ladies do.
#243 of 252 Old 03-31-2009, 06:25 PM

hi hopefulmommy04, I'm 13dpo, and the way we due it is I pee in a cup and give it to her and she puts the test in it and I leave, I let her see it first, I'm to scared, lol I took my first test 10dpo and it was a BFN, I cried a bit but then said well maybe it's to soon, I've had a lot of simptoms but don't know what to think, I'll test again tomorrow at my 14 day, AF should be here the next day or 2 but I don't even feel like it's coming so I'm all kinds of confused.
But anyways that's how wedo it, we do everything together, that's justhow we are.
I wish you lots of luck!!!!
#244 of 252 Old 03-31-2009, 08:07 PM

TheGirls - so sorry to read your bfn and how extra sucky to have af arrive the same day, ugh.

mommies_2_be, umm we don't abstain during the tww. what was it quasar called it? humpy-hump? lol! yup we dtd all around ovulation time and if we weren't exhausted from our son waking us up over the weekend there would have been more. you have to think that in normal life where there are no iuis or temp taking or charting that sex and orgasms go on w/o any realisation that there is a fertilized egg bopping it's way along. and yes, we dtd when i got pregnant too.

hopefulmommy04, when we got pregnant with our son (second try) i tested really early in the morning and dp was still snuggled under the blankets. i stared at the hpt in disbelief and said "holy crap". then i brought the stick for her to see. on our first try with her she did the same thing and that was a bfn. on my first try i was in colorado on training so i didn't do an hpt just waited for the clinic to call dp with the beta results.

afu, i have made an appt with my dr because i do believe i have a nasty sinus infection. last time i had one it morphed into an acute ear infection so i really need some antibiotics! and i'm on-call next week again and i can't do another one of those while sick. dp has absolutely no symptoms but her bbt continues to stay high. our p4 bloodwork is tomorrow morning and we'll probably get the results back late afternoon.

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
#245 of 252 Old 03-31-2009, 08:33 PM

Ah yes... plan humpy-hump! :

Well, that was what we did the weeks leading up to ovulation. We figured it was like a natural clomid to get all those hormones going.

And as far as the HPTs, you could do like quasar and I did. She peed in a cup and dipped in an internet cheapie HPT and then came down stairs and we watched it do nothing. She then got mopey and went upstairs while I worked downstairs. Then 30min later, I think I see a very, very, very faint line on that test... so I get the more expensive test we bought and sneak upstairs and dip it in her urine. I then go back downstairs to watch it cook, but before I get down the stairs I see the line and run back up and wake up quasar to let her know the results!! But that probably isn't the way most people do it.

Wishing you all fertile thoughts. I still read along here and always have : for everyone.

smartycatpartners.gif quasar.  Mommies to two boys.
#246 of 252 Old 03-31-2009, 09:12 PM

Smartycat that co-sleep photo of yours in PRICELESS! Is that an everyday occurance or just perfect timing to grab the camera? So cute.

Thanks to everyone for the stories and suggestions! I wish I had the strength to let DP see the results before me, but it's my first time for goodness sake and I'm just about going crazy waiting! She came home today from Target with 2 different brands of HPTs. I couldn't help but think sadly "Oh, but I wanted to buy my first pregnancy test." I had it all planned out to buy them on Thursday after work and not even have them in the house until I was ready to test.

How silly is that?! It was so sweet of her to buy them. Why oh why am I so emotional?!
#247 of 252 Old 03-31-2009, 10:59 PM

smartycat-- your testing experience sounds pretty much like ours... except I would tell megin definitively that it was negative, then she would go in the bathroom afterwards and find that VERY faint line. I wouldn't believe her and we'd have to wait a whole day longer to do one the next morning (yes, this happened twice, and some version of it for our first pregnancy when DS was conceived).

Katie, DW to Megin, Mamma to Quinn (7y.o.) and Wylie, born 07-04-10
#248 of 252 Old 04-02-2009, 04:26 PM

ok I'm 15dpo, no period yet and I took a hpt and got a bfn! , what is the deal? I'm still not sleeping good but tired as can be during the day, I have sore bresticles and cm. This is making me crazy!!!
#249 of 252 Old 04-03-2009, 12:04 PM

Please move us to TTC, AF came this morning. But we're not giving up!
#250 of 252 Old 04-03-2009, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimpnskimmpy View Post
Please move us to TTC, AF came this morning. But we're not giving up!
I updated your status on the Queer Conceptions - April 2009 thread - c'mon over and join us there

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#251 of 252 Old 04-05-2009, 10:12 AM

Rimpnskimmpy, sounds like you got awfully close this cycle. Next time hopefully will be the charm!

I'm sort of in the same boat you were yesterday. 15dpo with no AF in sight. And I usually spot at least a day or two in advance. I haven't tested yet, but I'm scared! I'd rather get AF than see a BFN. Should I just break down and do it?
#252 of 252 Old 04-07-2009, 04:01 PM

Well mommy 2 b, just do it, and good luck to you, hope you get a BFP!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page