Queer and Pregnant Mar., Apr., May - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 704 Old 03-26-2009, 12:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Jodybird Hearing that heartbeat is so reassuring, I know that I look forward to it with each appointment as a way of letting me know that that everything is ok.

Scalpel When is your due date so I can add you to the list.

Pranava Thinking about you and wondering how you are doing

We are scheduled for our u/s on Monday morning. I am so excited. Our last one was at 9 weeks so I can't wait for an updated picture.

Loving wife to Kate. So in love with Amelia. Born August 14, 2009
#122 of 704 Old 03-26-2009, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DM630 View Post

We are scheduled for our u/s on Monday morning. I am so excited. Our last one was at 9 weeks so I can't wait for an updated picture.
Good to hear from you. Are you finding out or keeping it a surprise?

As for me, I called the doctor who backs my homebirth midwife and told his office I'm considering switching to his care. I have an appointment scheduled with him for Tuesday morning. I am praying that he'll let us have the 20 wk ultrasound so that we can be reassured that the hematoma is shrinking. And of course, to check on the baby's health/growth. I feel guilty for caring but I really want to find out the body parts. My partner doesn't want to know, but if I know he wants to be informed too. I am 99% sure we're having a "boy" (whatever that may mean) because of my dreams and my friend's dreams about me.

Partnered mama with DD (01/04) and DD (08/09) and 8 critters, including a !
#123 of 704 Old 03-26-2009, 03:16 PM

Megin and Katie- Thinking of you guys, and hoping that good news is around the corner.

Pranava- I can't wait to hear your update!

A, partner to J, mama to O, now with a new username!

Building queer family since 2008!

(and oh, did i mention we're having twins?!?)

#124 of 704 Old 03-26-2009, 04:17 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
a bit off topic, but we have two little 0-3 baby clothes (a onesie and a sleep and play) that we were wondering if anyone would be interested in. we got a few packs of clothes, like the gerber stuff, and some of the items say like "i love daddy" or "mommy and daddy love me". the onesie is yellow and the sleep and play is green i believe, so both are good for a baby of either sex. anyway, we were wondering what to do with them, since neither of us identify as "daddy". so if anyone or their dp identifies as daddy and would like them, please pm me, and i'll get them in the mail to you!!

giggle - mommy to GP born 3.16.09 and parter to liberty (GP's mama). hoping to have 2 under 2 in the very near future via DP's ute!
#125 of 704 Old 03-26-2009, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by megincl View Post
We did have an u/s today and the results were inconclusive. Which is hard.

Basically, according to Katie's lmp she's 7wks 6 days, but she always ovulates late, and based on when we think she probably o'd she's just 7 weeks. She talked to our doc who is "a bit concerned." I'm totally vascillating between sick with heartbreak and lots of hope. She's supposed to have another u/s in about a week. So we're waiting. Again.

Oy.

Sending lots of positive thoughts your way.

lemurmommies, loving wife to ruvalokiteshvara, proud moms to our intact son E (12/06), and mourning the loss of our daughter Noelle (stillborn 12/08).
#126 of 704 Old 03-26-2009, 06:42 PM

went to the doc today to have our follow up. Things are not looking good, but she's having another set of betas and an ultrasound next friday. I'm sure it's over. Katie is not. I'm trying to side with her.

If this pregnancy doesn't stick, right now I just feel like I can't go forward with this process.

thanks everyone for all the good thoughts -- you're helping me hold onto some hope.

Mommy to an amazing 8 year old, wife to an inspiring principal, and welcoming Wylie Grace! Our July 4th babe!
#127 of 704 Old 03-26-2009, 07:08 PM

Megin--We are hoping and hoping for you, Katie, Quinn and the little bean over here...
#128 of 704 Old 03-26-2009, 08:25 PM

Ok, I was optimistic a few hours ago. Megin's powerful emotions may have won me over. Here is the little thing that is keeping my hopes up: we took DS to acupuncture yesterday after the ultrasound. I have been seeing the same acupuncturist, so she knows everythign we've been going through. When we were done, she said, "can I feel your pulses?" (acupuncturists can tell a lot through this). She had a big smile and said, "it all feels good to me!"

All in all, this is just really hard. Hard to stay positive, hard to give up.

Thanks for everyone's well-wishes.

Katie, DW to Megin, Mamma to Quinn (7y.o.) and Wylie, born 07-04-10
#129 of 704 Old 03-26-2009, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktcl View Post
Ok, I was optimistic a few hours ago. Megin's powerful emotions may have won me over. Here is the little thing that is keeping my hopes up: we took DS to acupuncture yesterday after the ultrasound. I have been seeing the same acupuncturist, so she knows everythign we've been going through. When we were done, she said, "can I feel your pulses?" (acupuncturists can tell a lot through this). She had a big smile and said, "it all feels good to me!"

All in all, this is just really hard. Hard to stay positive, hard to give up.

Thanks for everyone's well-wishes.
I think that's a GREAT sign. Acupuncturists can usually tell if something's not right.

:

Lex

Mindfully mothering SIX kids (ages 4, 5, 7, 8, 11 & 11) in a small house with a lot of love.
#130 of 704 Old 03-26-2009, 08:47 PM

Sending : to you, Megin and Katie.

Anxiously waiting to hear from Pranava.

*goes back into lurking* :

- Born 7/21/09
#131 of 704 Old 03-27-2009, 10:42 AM

Megin and Katie - I wish this would be easier for you. Sending you lots of love!!

AAU: We had a prenatal appointment this morning. Midwife did the cervical check and said baby's head is fully engaged in the pelvis. I'm about 80% effeaced and 2 cm dilated. Now I know I could stay that way for a month.... but, it was still exciting to hear. I've been having more crampy feeling contractions lately. And I told DP before the appointment that I was sure baby had descended and I was some effaced. I could jsut feel that things were different. Anyway... after the midwife did the cervical check, she let DP do one too. So DP got to feel the baby's head!! It was so cool! We both cried. And I'm slightly jealous that she got to touch the baby.
#132 of 704 Old 03-27-2009, 11:45 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Wonderful to hear that you're getting close, heart-n-bones! :

Pranava...everything alright, hon?

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
#133 of 704 Old 03-28-2009, 09:27 AM

megin and kt, thinking of you

hnb, I'd suggest you reach right up there and feel too, but I'm guessing the belly is kinda hard to work around right now

trying to wait patiently for news from pranava :

: mama to T 9/04 and E 11/08
#134 of 704 Old 03-28-2009, 11:40 AM

i'm done waiting patiently! where is that baby, pranava???

giggle - mommy to GP born 3.16.09 and parter to liberty (GP's mama). hoping to have 2 under 2 in the very near future via DP's ute!
#135 of 704 Old 03-28-2009, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenInMpls View Post
hnb, I'd suggest you reach right up there and feel too, but I'm guessing the belly is kinda hard to work around right now
i don't know about all the reaching right up there. i had a hard enough time trying to even wipe my girly bits during those last few weeks...

#136 of 704 Old 03-28-2009, 06:39 PM

Pranava, hoping that things are well and that you are just enjoying your baby way too much to be online!

But do update us...we're all waiting impatiently

#137 of 704 Old 03-28-2009, 08:24 PM

megin and katie, i'm sending lots of "stick to the pole" vibes for your little bean.

pravana, i hope you and your little one are enjoying your babymoon, can't wait to hear the details.

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
#138 of 704 Old 03-29-2009, 01:39 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Zion made it here at 6:07 pm on March 24th. He weighed in at 7lbs 9 oz and in 4 days is just over his birth weight. He was 20 inches long and just perfect I like him a lot. I think I'll keep him

So my water broke on it's own at 1am and I was contracting every 3 minutes by the scheduled induction time of 8am. By 10am I hadn't dilated any further and the midwife wanted to speed things along because it had already been 9 hours since my water broke. We started pitocin. 30 minutes and nothing more intense so they cranked up the dose and OMG labor kicked into high gear. A freaking freight train. . . 3 minute long INTENSE contractions with maybe 30 to 45 seconds of break in between. They even turned the pitocin off and still it continued that way. That went on for 2 hours and got me to 7cm. I just couldn't handle it anymore and went for the epidural. BEST DECISION OF MY LIFE!!!!! I loved my epidural!!!! I know that's not everyone's experience, but I had the most perfect epidural ever. Could still feel contractions and my legs. Could move my legs and flip easily from side to side. 2 more hours and I was at 10 and ready to push. The epidural started to wear off at this point. Still no pain, but I could feel the urge to push. Pushed for 1 hour and 30 minutes. Baby had his hand up under his chin so it was a little difficult to get him out and we had to keep breaking because his heart rate would go down with the pushing. 2 minor 1st degree tears that the midwife didn't even know if she should bother stiching. Baby latched on within 30 seconds of being put on my chest and has been a nursing champ ever since. Couldn't really have gone any better.

You can see some pics here http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...lbumId=1811303

Life is strange and wonderful.  Me read.gif, DP lady.gif, DS (3/09) blahblah.gif , 3 dog2.gif  and 4 cat.gif

#139 of 704 Old 03-29-2009, 02:07 PM

::Congratulations Pranava and welcome Zion!!::

So glad to hear such a beautiful story! Enjoy these first days, and try to get some sleep!

A, partner to J, mama to O, now with a new username!

Building queer family since 2008!

(and oh, did i mention we're having twins?!?)

#140 of 704 Old 03-29-2009, 02:37 PM

Congrats, Pranava!!! ::: Happy Babymoon!

He is sooo super cute and perfect!

#141 of 704 Old 03-29-2009, 05:04 PM

Congratulations Pranava!!!!

Welcome Zion! ::::::

Wishing you a peaceful and relaxing babymoon. I'm so glad that everything's gone so well so far.

Lex

Mindfully mothering SIX kids (ages 4, 5, 7, 8, 11 & 11) in a small house with a lot of love.
#142 of 704 Old 03-29-2009, 05:17 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome baby Zion!!!:::

Congrats Pranava He is absolutely beautiful!

#143 of 704 Old 03-29-2009, 05:40 PM

Congrats Pranava!!! He is a cutie!! : ::
I love the pic of you two on the couch.

smartycatpartners.gif quasar.  Mommies to two boys.
#144 of 704 Old 03-29-2009, 07:47 PM

Congratulations! : Zion is adorable!

- Born 7/21/09
#145 of 704 Old 03-29-2009, 07:50 PM

Yeah fro Zion!!!!!
#146 of 704 Old 03-29-2009, 08:57 PM

congrats pranava, he is adorable. welcome to the world zion!

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
#147 of 704 Old 03-29-2009, 09:02 PM

Yay Pranava!!!!! How truly exciting!!! Glad things went well and the little guy entered this world safe and sound.

Welcome to the world Zion!!!!! :::::

DS Alexander Joseph born 6/29/09
#148 of 704 Old 03-30-2009, 12:27 PM - Thread Starter

We had our u/s this morning and we were told that they are 80% sure it is a little girl :: We are so excited!
Everything measured within normal limits! They did tell me that my placenta is on the top so it may be a little more difficult for me to feel her move. I always seem to worry right before my appointments, so it is such a relief when I hear good news

#149 of 704 Old 03-30-2009, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DM630 View Post
We had our u/s this morning and we were told that they are 80% sure it is a little girl :: We are so excited!
Everything measured within normal limits! They did tell me that my placenta is on the top so it may be a little more difficult for me to feel her move. I always seem to worry right before my appointments, so it is such a relief when I hear good news
That's great news! Congrats!!

#150 of 704 Old 03-30-2009, 12:56 PM

Congrats, Pranava! What a beautiful bean! Also, congrats to DM630--I know exactly what you mean about appts providing relief!

PROUD mama to Amiya, age 6 , and Asher, born 10/2009 . Loving partner to dp, Amy.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page