more personal than a spem bank - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 03-05-2009, 08:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
my partner and I are using a gay friendly doula to help us get pregnant. She connects us with possible donors and we choose one. She then becomes the intermediary and brings us the sperm for doing a home insemination. Has anyone ever done anything like this?
In the upcoming months we will try this for the first time. I am just looking to connect with people who understand this choice. I have many straight friends and several gay friends who seem to think a sperm bank is the only option. I want something a little more personal.
#2 of 4 Old 03-06-2009, 01:42 AM

Wow! I've never heard of anyone doing that but I think it is a great service. (Tucking the idea away for when I finish my doula certification.) My former midwife helped us set up our procedures for screening KDs but we had to do the foot work. We had to go out and find the guys willing and able to donate. It would have been great to have some one who had already screened the guys and maybe worked with them before. It would have saved us constantly posting and getting booted off craigslist!

Good Luck!

Queer poly family trying since October 2006. Currently using a known donor and no medical interventions.
#3 of 4 Old 03-06-2009, 08:07 PM - Thread Starter

thanks for the luck!
I am sure I can pass on her contact info for you later if you want it. It was her idea to start and she hasn't been doing it that long.

Good luck with your doula certification!
#4 of 4 Old 03-12-2009, 12:46 PM

I would love to hear more about your doula and if she knows of anyone else who provides this service!

rainbow1284.gifbeth  stillheart.gifDW   blahblah.gif DD  Nov. 2009 and 1sttri.gif due Feb. 2013

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page