speaking of sperm sotrage... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 03-19-2009, 12:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We moved since I had DS and we're currently storing our 5 remaining vials at the reproductive lab near where we used to live (about 3 hours from our current home). We are getting ready to start TTC again in a few months and so far have not been able to figure a way to get our sperm closer. We live on Cape Cod now - sperm lives in Springfield, MA.

We have a new midwife where we live and I've been getting things all lined up to start trying (clomid, IUIs, ultra sounds...). but we can't seem to store our sperm here. Fenway in Boston won't take it because we do not want to use their program. Does anyone have any ideas of somewhere closer to the Cape to store?

I am considering traveling to our old home and using our old midwife for the insems if i can not move the sperm.

thanks!

p.s. title should be sperm storage...not sure what i wrote there and can't seem to fix it!

Eryn, wife to Amy, Mum to Eli, b. 1/9/08 and Willow, b. 5/29/10
#2 of 4 Old 03-19-2009, 03:36 PM

I have heard of people renting/buying a more permanent storage tank (i.e. more permanent than the tanks that the sperm gets shipped in), and keeping it in the garage for the duration of their TTC attempts. I'm not sure how expensive that is, though. I would think that the new midwife would know of someplace to store sperm.

Another option is that you could have the sperm shipped from Springfield to the cape each month. It would certainly be more expensive than driving to go get it each month, but it might be worth it to not have to deal with the hassle.

Good luck!

Lex

Mindfully mothering SIX kids (ages 4, 5, 7, 8, 11 & 11) in a small house with a lot of love.
#3 of 4 Old 03-19-2009, 09:42 PM - Thread Starter

i think we've pretty much decided on the traveling IUIs for at least as long as we have DS's donor. i have thought about buying a tank and really should have when we moved...i've spent enough in storage! but at this point i am hoping for a quick BFP (which is NOT what happened last time) with what we've got and friends have offered to host us while inseming. : but i am still interested to know if anyone has any ideas about sperm storage near the cape - in case we get to that point...

lex...are you the same lex that we may have met at the childrens store in northampton - cloth diapering seminar, you knew one of our doulas, Katie? if so, nice to meet you here!

Eryn, wife to Amy, Mum to Eli, b. 1/9/08 and Willow, b. 5/29/10
#4 of 4 Old 03-19-2009, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elismum1908 View Post
lex...are you the same lex that we may have met at the childrens store in northampton - cloth diapering seminar, you knew one of our doulas, Katie? if so, nice to meet you here!
Yep, same me . Nice to meet you here too!

Lex

Mindfully mothering SIX kids (ages 4, 5, 7, 8, 11 & 11) in a small house with a lot of love.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page