First IUI was this morning!! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 03-22-2009, 11:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi! I haven't been on these boards for a while but I'm back!

I am so excited because I just had my very first IUI this morning. I got the positive OPK at 6 pm last night and went to the clinic today for an 11 am appointment. We were so...emotional/anxious/excited/nervous/shocked that it finally happened. It was a bit anti-climatic, I was hoping to feel different with spermies swimming around inside me for the first time! lol. We were going to do 2 IUI's, but since I surged Saturday night I felt that a Monday morning IUI would be on the tail end and we decided to just save the money for now and do one.

And now it's time to wait and I don't know HOW to wait! I've signed up for yoga class and hopefully that will help a bit. I don't know how to get through each day...Our 1 year wedding anniversary is on April 8th, and I should be either getting my period or not around April 6th... I know I'm going to want to take a home pregnancy test in about 10 days but I will try to hold off as long as possible. I'd almost rather see the negative test result than get my period and find out that way, does that make sense?

We're trying to stay positive and feel so hopeful but it's terrifying at the same time. I know you know how I feel!

It's hard because even with a very supportive group of family and friends I still don't feel like they fully understand how huge this is. They keep saying things like, "it's millions of sperm! you'll be pregnant no problem!" and I know they are excited and trying to help but I also want to convince myself that if it doesn't work this time, we'll just try again and hope for the best.

So that's my update for now!
#2 of 3 Old 03-22-2009, 11:43 PM

Come join us on the Queer Conceptions in March thread.

Welcome to the 2ww!

SPBC Finally a Papa! Elise Ember Soleil - 10/3/10 - 4:09 AM - 6 lbs 8 oz My daughter eats donor milk! Human milk for human babies!
#3 of 3 Old 03-23-2009, 12:18 PM

Oooooh, congrats!! You'll be in my thoughts. Here's hoping first try is the one!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page