new here and first IUI - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 03-28-2009, 04:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi everyone, I got registered and I'm so excited to be here. Here's my story, My wife and I did our first IUI at home 3/15, 3/16, and 3/17. We couldn't just settle with 1 try, lol, My OPK tested positive the 16th. For 5 days AO I had cramping, like a period. I've been to every web Site to check all signs, I have a light discharge that is like lotion, I found that it could be the mucus plug formimg, my nipples got very sensitive which is not normal!!!! for me, and now there getting sore. I've had a mild headache for 4 days, and one day I was fuzzy headed all day. As you can tell I'm not good with the 2ww! I'm going crazy here! I did test today 3/28 it was a BFN! Was it to soon? I cried a bit but we are going to keep going, I'm due to Start the 2nd, so I'll test again. I need advice and what does it sound like to you? Please help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 03-29-2009, 11:51 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Welcome, and congratulations on the first try! My wife and I did our first IUI at a fertility clinic on the 24th. Come on over to the Queer Conceptions thread for company!

I not really an expert, but I think you tested too soon to be sure - if you got pregnant from the IUI on the 17th, then you tested at only 11dpo, and your hormone levels might not have been high enough yet. I'm not sure what your symptoms indicate.

This is my first time doing this, and I'm not dealing well with the 2ww either. Right now I'm kicking myself for not paying enough attention during this part of my cycle, because I can't tell what is a possible sign of pregnancy, as opposed to "usual" or caused by stress. Argh!

Good luck!

The incredibly true adventures of two girls in love. Also starring DS babyf.gif12/09 and dog2.gif!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page